Grimm Forum

Full Version: So, seen any good TV lately?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hoo boy, this should generate a lot of posts.Big Grin
Jane the Virgin is ridiculously good. The plot summary sounds like it's going to be terrible, and I expected to dislike the show (expected it to be anti-feminist), but it overturned all my bad expectations. It's awesome. All characters are compelling and complex, even the bad guys you'd think you'd hate. The fairy tale-like narrator is very funny. The plot has good suspense and cliff hangers. I recommend it a lot.

I normally watch sci-fi/fantasy stuff (Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Constantine, Sleepy Hollow), and Jane the Virgin isn't like these shows, but it's really good. Watch the pilot at least.
I've been watching The Walking Dead, Supernatural, South Park, Madam Secretary, Real Time with Bill Maher, Criminal Minds, and, of course, now Grimm. Oh, I also watch pro wrestling and the NFL (American football)

I am waiting for the return of the X-Files this coming January, and Game of Thrones.

I need to check out some of these other shows, big fan of the movie Constantine.

I wonder, has anybody checked out a show called Zoo? I've heard a little ibt about it, might be interesting.
Angel
(11-01-2015, 07:55 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]I've been watching The Walking Dead, Supernatural, South Park, Madam Secretary, Real Time with Bill Maher, Criminal Minds, and, of course, now Grimm. Oh, I also watch pro wrestling and the NFL (American football)

I am waiting for the return of the X-Files this coming January, and Game of Thrones.

I need to check out some of these other shows, big fan of the movie Constantine.

I wonder, has anybody checked out a show called Zoo? I've heard a little ibt about it, might be interesting.

I watched NASCAR today. Jeff Gordon won at Martinsville. He will be going to the championship race in Miami.
Its his last race of his retirement year. It is a great finish for a great NASCAR champion.
Legends has returned, so I'll be looking into that.

Major Crimes starts again tonight, yay!

I also cannot wait for X-Files in January and my absolute favorite, Vikings, in February.
Wow, you think we would have more in common than just Grimm.

Geez. Back in the day I only watched 2 - 3 hours of tv a week, now I have a show or two for each day of the week.

Monday - its Blindspot and SuperGirl
Tuesday - Flash and iZombie
Wednesday - Arrow
Thursday - Grey's Anatomy
Friday - Grimm
Sunday - Good Wife and Madame Secretary.

Next time I'm sick or its stormy I'm going to binge watch Red Oaks.
(11-02-2015, 06:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Legends has returned, so I'll be looking into that.

Major Crimes starts again tonight, yay!

I also cannot wait for X-Files in January and my absolute favorite, Vikings, in February.

Major Crimes is my fav! Loved the season opener. See everything follows logically there.
Yes, I have been watching the old 60 serial :The guns of Will Sonnett".

Each show ends with Will Sonnett saying a silent prayer in his head (that you can hear) as he gives thanks to the Lord that tidies up the episode.

Television at its finest.
Warehouse-13 and Haven are sci-fi/fantasy shows with several seasons and likeable characters.

I'm especially a fan of Warehouse 13, the premise of which is basically: the US government has a secret literal warehouse where they house all the strange, magical objects, and in the pilot they recruit two new FBI agents (the main characters) into the role of object neutralization and retrieval. They travel around on missions, looking for weird happenings and trying to help people. The warehouse is really old and has existed in various iteration throughout history, even before the United States was founded. The main characters have great non-romantic, sibling-like chemistry. This show is great for history nerds because a lot of objects are historical artifacts.

Haven's premise is: there's a little down in Maine where families are cursed with magical/dangerous powers they can't control. Usually the curses are dormant and it's a regular little town, but "the troubles" have recently come back. The main character is lured into the town on false premises because she's somehow immune to these troubles and she can help people with them. She takes on a law enforcement job and goes around figuring out who's causing the latest deadly phenomena, why she's connected to the town, and why decades later there was another woman who looked exactly like her who was also immune. The show pretends it's based on Stephen King's The Colorado Kid, but apparently it's a really lose connection.