Grimm Forum

Full Version: What do you see?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: juliettespinningwheelcomputer.jpg?w=825&h=510&crop=1]

This is a scene where Juliette is emailing Kelly Burkhardt to come to the house because Nick needs her. She is setting a trap for Kelly. In the background do you see a wheel and lamp that evoke the impression of a spinning wheel?
[Image: 1830_pennsylvania_spinning_wheel.jpg]

Could this be a sign that the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty in the Woods by Charles Perrault is now being played out?

In this longer version of the old familiar fairy tale the prince's ogre mother wants to snatch the children of her son and Sleeping Beauty in order to eat them. Is Juliette catching Diana for them? Is King Frederick the ogre who wants to eat Diana? Or is it Elizabeth?

Original Story Sleeping Beauty in the Woods by Charles Perrault
LOL!!! Men and women process things differently. I never noticed, I am a male. Seeing Juliette sitting there with that look of concentration simply makes any red-blooded American male want to sink his teeth into the nape of her neck and see if he can distract her. Spinning wheel ...LOL Trust me only you ladies notice. She looks hot when concentrating. But then I am a pig.
Good catch but I'm of the opinion now that you showed it I'm thinking it's meaning is the the three sisters of fate. The link between Juliette, Kelly, and LBB. Three females three sisters. Just an opinion. Kelly pasted Juliette present LBB future.
I go with Izzy. Whoever arranged the set was probably just trying to make it look like a woman lived there who liked flea market stuff. If the set had been Nick's place before he moved in with Juliette, you would probably be seeing, oh I don't know, an Elvis lampBig Grin
(10-18-2015, 08:07 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]I go with Izzy. Whoever arranged the set was probably just trying to make it look like a woman lived there who liked flea market stuff. If the set had been Nick's place before he moved in with Juliette, you would probably be seeing, oh I don't know, an Elvis lampBig Grin

Nick seems more the velvet bull fighter painting type to me.
Remember the episode when they tried to get some time alone but run into the girl with golden egg. Nick told Juliette she could drag him thur all the antique shops she wanted. I don't see flea market but antique, but still think it is the idea of fate the three sisters. Giving us the hint that what was happening was fated to happen. Remember to bring the 5 dollars for coffee with this idea. Big Grin
(10-19-2015, 05:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the episode when they tried to get some time along but run into the girl with golden egg. Nick told Juliette she could drag him thur all the antique shops she wanted. I don't see flea market but antique, but still think it is the idea of fate the three sisters. Giving us the hint that what was happening was fated to happen. Remember the bring the 5 dollars for coffee with this idea. Big Grin

I didn't say that the image behind Juliette was a spinning wheel. I'm aware it is made of shadows. Regardless of where she got it from, does the image as arranged by Grimm directors give the impression of a spinning wheel in this scene? These clues to the fairy tales are an integral part of the scene. I'm suggesting they do double duty.

That is what a 'symbol' is in literature.
(10-19-2015, 06:07 AM)Lin S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2015, 05:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the episode when they tried to get some time alone but run into the girl with golden egg. Nick told Juliette she could drag him thur all the antique shops she wanted. I don't see flea market but antique, but still think it is the idea of fate the three sisters. Giving us the hint that what was happening was fated to happen. Remember to bring the 5 dollars for coffee with this idea. Big Grin

I didn't say that the image behind Juliette was a spinning wheel. I'm aware it is made of shadows. Regardless of where she got it from, does the image as arranged by Grimm directors give the impression of a spinning wheel in this scene? These clues to the fairy tales are an integral part of the scene. I'm suggesting they do double duty.

That is what I believe the writers were going for a symbol of fate. Dodgy
(10-19-2015, 06:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2015, 06:07 AM)Lin S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2015, 05:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the episode when they tried to get some time alone but run into the girl with golden egg. Nick told Juliette she could drag him thur all the antique shops she wanted. I don't see flea market but antique, but still think it is the idea of fate the three sisters. Giving us the hint that what was happening was fated to happen. Remember to bring the 5 dollars for coffee with this idea. Big Grin

That is what I believe the writers were going for a symbol of fate. Dodgy

Yes I could see that. Idea
A few years back when I was on the airwaves some enthusiastic fans got the idea that I encoded my commentary in my broadcasts and that what I said overtly also had a covert meaning. I believe they came to that conclusion because what I said was intended to provoke research and analysis, not just to spoon feed our listeners.

My co-host and I were amazed at the depth of analysis some went to, and given a sufficient volume one can find patterns that are simply happenstance correlations. I assure you, I encoded nothing, there were no double meanings.

When you look at it as a whole, there are only so many human dramas and they are repeated over an dover again in various cultures and ages. You can apply that to politics, the human condition, or religion, and certainly literature, plays, books, and movies. Heck Louis L'amour built a lucrative career by repeating a formula.

Just Passin' Through
Pages: 1 2