Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why Nick and Adalind should be together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
There certainly are a lot of hopeful threads out there, desperately wishing that Adalind and Nick will form a relationship. Of all of the threads, the only common ground between them is the baby. That's it.

Not one person has mentioned-

*good qualities that Adalind has which would enable her to stabilize Nick. He's going to need if it he's tripping the light revenge in season 5. The baby cannot stabilize him. If he's out of his mind with revenge, someone has to step in and make him come to terms with reality, which the baby represents.

*good qualities Nick has/can bring to the relationship or what he can do that would be beneficial to Adalind. If they're in a relationship, she's got fulltime duties: mothering to both the baby and the maniac she's decided to shack up with.

Interestingly enough, these are the qualities I have read about Adalind.
*She's a meddler
*She injures/maims/attempts to murder or murders, but it's at the direction of someone else.
*She never tries to stir up trouble on her own.
*Yes, she's done a lot of bad things but at least she's honest about them.
*She's a people pleaser. I see her as anything but, and if her track record is any indication, she's been pretty much a dismal failure.
*Chemistry with Nick. This one I don't see. And when asked about their night together, Adalind stated it wasn't fun. Hmm...

Qualities I've read about Nick-
*Chemistry. There may have been more, but I can't recall anything else. In view of Adalind's opinion of their tryst, I can only wonder what Nick thought of it.

So, back to the baby as the one commonality between these two. Does it really take bonding between Nick and Adalind to raise their baby?

I don't think so. I think each could probably be a great parent. People do it all of the time. As for a relationship, the type that would lead to marriage, I see that as an absolute impossibility. I believe both are beyond forgiving one another. Neither has the capability to be that generous and I don't blame either of them for that. I do think they probably could be civil to one another for the sake of the baby.

Why should Nick and Adalind be together? Is the baby the only reason?
Marriages start out based on all sorts of reasons, sexual attraction, the parents arranged the marriage for economic reasons, responsibiity to a child etc.. What matters is that the couple have some common goal long enough for love to develop over time. Since the divorce rate in the US is something like 40 to 50% chemistry may not be as reliable a basis for a marriage as other things. Sexual interest fades with time.

Nick and Adalind may start out staying together for the sake of the baby, but after the baby grows up they may have other reasons to stay together. Guess we will have to wait and watch what develops.
The ever deadly Irukandji writes:
Quote: Why should Nick and Adalind be together? Is the baby the only reason?

Yes, the baby is the only reason. And they should be mature about it. Adalind should not “see” other men and Nick should not “see” other women. A child deserve to be raised by a mother and a father and grow up in an environment that is emotionally secure, which precludes outside dalliances.

Adalind has banged Nick’s boss, his partner, and a member of the family that murdered his mother. No way do you develop a love interest relationship with that. Guy code prohibits it on the basis of her having done your boss and your partner.

At best they could develop an understanding for a FWB type of relationship, which ultimately would be healthier for the child. Adalind seems to have a healthy libido or at least needs to know she is desirable to a man, and Nick is a man….so nuff said. Saddle partners it should be. But that should be the extent of it. Even if he felt it, guy code should stop Nick from developing romantic feeling for Adalind – ever! And Nick is no position to be involved with any woman because he is a Grimm. It is not fair to the woman.

All cute moments should relate to Nick trying to be super dad. I still want to see Nick throw down a pile of college brochures and Adalind reminding him the baby is only 6 months old.
(10-02-2015, 08:31 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]The ever deadly Irukandji writes:
Quote: Why should Nick and Adalind be together? Is the baby the only reason?

All cute moments should relate to Nick trying to be super dad. I still want to see Nick throw down a pile of college brochures and Adalind reminding him the baby is only 6 months old.

How about medical school? Baby could become a forsenic pathologist and join the FBI. Think of all the 'brunettes' in Nick's life:
Juliette
Rosalee
Trubel
Chavez

Are they all versions of his daughter who was given up for adoption as a baby. Knocked around in foster homes always wondering who her parents were until she developed schizophrenia in her late teens? That prompted her to find out about her parents. She finds "Nick", a police captain who "sees things other people don't" namely he is schizophrenic like his mother but he is in a coma and can't talk. So the person who tells her about him and her family is Nick's partner "Hank" who as a little boy is Monroe.
Hank
Monroe
Henrietta
and maybe Wu
are all the same person.

Nick is Renard, Meisner, Bart (Monroe's father) and all the dark haired men.

Adelind, Alicia, Alice (Monroe's mother), Mia Gaudot, Elizabeth Lascellmas, Catherine Shade, Diana are all Nick's girl friend he never married.

Ok I"ve said too much now. I won't bring it up again until the series ends in 6 more years.
Yes the baby is the common ground for Nick and Adalind, but with the baby and raising him, comes their entire lifestyle. Which is not normal or easy.

He's a Grimm, she's a suppressed Hexenbiest, Kelly is a HexenGrimm, HexenBaby, who knows? They are a unique and special family unit. And with unique and special there is often LONELY and CUTOFF.

I don't believe people should be together for the sake of a child they share. IMO that hardly ever works out in the end. A child can pick up on feelings and tension. He will not understand what is going on but he will know that his parents don't truly love each other and in the end can blame himself for their misery.

The baby has bonded Nick and Adalind, but so has their lifestyle, and that's not just about raising Kelly. They are both a part of the Wesen world. And the real world. They have to walk both of those worlds, as well as in between them. She was presumably brought up in both and he was thrust into them when Aunt Marie showed up. Neither can live in the human world and to bring in someone new into their lives is both irresponsible and potentially dangerous. So that loneliness can bond them.

So baby, lifestyle, and now chemistry. I do believe they have a ton of chemistry and always have had it. Although I must admit that Nick's side has always been loathing and hate. But chemistry is chemistry and hate can turn into something else. Lust or love or just plain Like.

As a side note, Adalind has always been a thorn in his side but is it destiny as well? The universe interfering?

1. Nick bought a ring for Juliette and seconds later he sees Adalind for the first time. He sees a wogue for the first time.
2. He is about to propose to Juliette. Adalind, baby Diana and Kelly show up.
3. Adalind loses Diana, Nick and the scoobies are responsible and the ensuing drama ends with Nick Grimm-less, a pregnant Adalind, and a head-eye connection. Oh and a Hexenbiest Juliette. What Aunt Marie tells Nick in the pilot comes to mind. Let Juliette go or it won't end well.
4. Just as Nick is at the lowest point in his life, Mom dead, Juilette dead, Truble missing, he becomes a father. The one and only thing to keep him from going over the edge of darkness. Can you imagine what would happen to him, with all he's lost and sacrificed, if he DID NOT have a baby to focus on and ground him? To shift his vengeance and hate and rage to a new purpose? Protection.

Yes the baby bonds them. But he is not the only thing that does. And while Nick and Adalind may not be the loves of each others lives, that does not mean that in time they cannot grow to love each other because of the life they share or the connections they develop.

I do not expect or want to see them fall madly in love with each other, overnight or even slowly. They have too much history, most of it bad, for that to be realistic or even enjoyable to see. But there are different kinds of loves and different kinds of relationships. Not all of them are all consuming, everlasting true love. Most people do not end up with their soul mates. THAT is realistic. Nick has already had and lost the love of his life, Juliette. Even if she comes back, that love is gone. It would be different now, no matter what happens.

So both Nick and Adalind must move on and try to live their lives. And who wants to do that alone? While that doesn't mean they have no other choice but each other, it does mean that their feelings about each other CAN change. They can develop and grow and turn into something good. Something they both need. Something they both rely on and cherish in their crazy, messed up, violent lives.

I'm on the Adalind & Nick ship and I will go down with this ship!

I do not want to see a mopey, piney, miserable Nick the Grimm for the reminder of his life! I do not want to see a spineless, meek Adalind for the rest of her life! There is a Wesen Uprsing and/or War on the way which means darkness, death and destruction will soon arrive. If Nick does not have a sliver of hope and happiness in his life, then whats the point of fighting? Whats the point of all the sacrifices, the losses, the death and destruction?

A good, trusting, loving relationship can save Nick AND Adalind from a hollow, complicated, depressingly dark and violent life lived in a bunker/fortress. In all the madness that's a part of their lives, and the madness that's sure to come, they can share a love that makes it all bearable and survivable, together. And in the end maybe even worth it all. For their child and themselves.
(11-22-2015, 02:47 PM)GrimmsterAla Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the baby is the common ground for Nick and Adalind, but with the baby and raising him, comes their entire lifestyle. Which is not normal or easy.

He's a Grimm, she's a suppressed Hexenbiest, Kelly is a HexenGrimm, HexenBaby, who knows? They are a unique and special family unit. And with unique and special there is often LONELY and CUTOFF.

I don't believe people should be together for the sake of a child they share. IMO that hardly ever works out in the end. A child can pick up on feelings and tension. He will not understand what is going on but he will know that his parents don't truly love each other and in the end can blame himself for their misery.

The baby has bonded Nick and Adalind, but so has their lifestyle, and that's not just about raising Kelly. They are both a part of the Wesen world. And the real world. They have to walk both of those worlds, as well as in between them. She was presumably brought up in both and he was thrust into them when Aunt Marie showed up. Neither can live in the human world and to bring in someone new into their lives is both irresponsible and potentially dangerous. So that loneliness can bond them.

So baby, lifestyle, and now chemistry. I do believe they have a ton of chemistry and always have had it. Although I must admit that Nick's side has always been loathing and hate. But chemistry is chemistry and hate can turn into something else. Lust or love or just plain Like.

As a side note, Adalind has always been a thorn in his side but is it destiny as well? The universe interfering?

1. Nick bought a ring for Juliette and seconds later he sees Adalind for the first time. He sees a wogue for the first time.
2. He is about to propose to Juliette. Adalind, baby Diana and Kelly show up.
3. Adalind loses Diana, Nick and the scoobies are responsible and the ensuing drama ends with Nick Grimm-less, a pregnant Adalind, and a head-eye connection. Oh and a Hexenbiest Juliette. What Aunt Marie tells Nick in the pilot comes to mind. Let Juliette go or it won't end well.
4. Just as Nick is at the lowest point in his life, Mom dead, Juilette dead, Truble missing, he becomes a father. The one and only thing to keep him from going over the edge of darkness. Can you imagine what would happen to him, with all he's lost and sacrificed, if he DID NOT have a baby to focus on and ground him? To shift his vengeance and hate and rage to a new purpose? Protection.

Yes the baby bonds them. But he is not the only thing that does. And while Nick and Adalind may not be the loves of each others lives, that does not mean that in time they cannot grow to love each other because of the life they share or the connections they develop.

I do not expect or want to see them fall madly in love with each other, overnight or even slowly. They have too much history, most of it bad, for that to be realistic or even enjoyable to see. But there are different kinds of loves and different kinds of relationships. Not all of them are all consuming, everlasting true love. Most people do not end up with their soul mates. THAT is realistic. Nick has already had and lost the love of his life, Juliette. Even if she comes back, that love is gone. It would be different now, no matter what happens.

So both Nick and Adalind must move on and try to live their lives. And who wants to do that alone? While that doesn't mean they have no other choice but each other, it does mean that their feelings about each other CAN change. They can develop and grow and turn into something good. Something they both need. Something they both rely on and cherish in their crazy, messed up, violent lives.

I'm on the Adalind & Nick ship and I will go down with this ship!

I do not want to see a mopey, piney, miserable Nick the Grimm for the reminder of his life! I do not want to see a spineless, meek Adalind for the rest of her life! There is a Wesen Uprsing and/or War on the way which means darkness, death and destruction will soon arrive. If Nick does not have a sliver of hope and happiness in his life, then whats the point of fighting? Whats the point of all the sacrifices, the losses, the death and destruction?

A good, trusting, loving relationship can save Nick AND Adalind from a hollow, complicated, depressingly dark and violent life lived in a bunker/fortress. In all the madness that's a part of their lives, and the madness that's sure to come, they can share a love that makes it all bearable and survivable, together. And in the end maybe even worth it all. For their child and themselves.
Very well thought out, I would ask one thing she Adalind regain her powers will this still work? I was in the camp that Adalind/Nick couldn't work but with the way the writers have work on this and I can now see all your points.
(11-22-2015, 04:44 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Very well thought out, I would ask one thing she Adalind regain her powers will this still work? I was in the camp that Adalind/Nick couldn't work but with the way the writers have work on this and I can now see all your points.

Thanks. I think that if/when Adalind gets her powers back it's going to be tough on everyone. But underneath it all if Adalind WANTS to be good and TRIES to be good then there is still a chance for them.

What went horribly wrong with Juliette becoming a hexenbiest was that her previous Wesen experience was not positive. She was made a target and a victim, and for half the time she had no idea of it or why it was happening. Her nice, happy life with Nick was suddenly full of weird, dangerous situations and it was obvious to her she was being lied to and kept away from whatever was happening. So when she was FINALLY able to stand up for herself, to fight for herself and be strong and dependent on only herself, she loved the power and the feelings that came with it. Who wouldn't?!?

But because of everything that happened to her, she couldn't or wouldn't, or just didn't have the time to reconcile everything that happened before it was too late. So as much as things didn't work for Juliette the hexenbiest with Nick, I think it was more her character then her being a hexenbiest. Yes, that was an obstacle but one that might have been overcome if only Juliette had the time to process and the drive and strength to accept what happened and try and deal with it, with Nicks help and love.

Adalind the hexenbiest is different. Her character is different. Her strength, weaknesses and drive are different. She has Kelly as a focus. She needs to do better for him, and Nick, to be a good mom. She's fighting for them. And after all she's been through she now has Kelly and Diana to change her life for. To fight all the bad impulses and actions for. She has what Juliette thought she lost: Love. Adalind has a mothers love. Juliette had Nicks. It wasn't enough. Maybe Adalinds will be.

Fingers crossed ;D
(11-22-2015, 05:33 PM)GrimmsterAla Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2015, 04:44 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Very well thought out, I would ask one thing she Adalind regain her powers will this still work? I was in the camp that Adalind/Nick couldn't work but with the way the writers have work on this and I can now see all your points.

Thanks. I think that if/when Adalind gets her powers back it's going to be tough on everyone. But underneath it all if Adalind WANTS to be good and TRIES to be good then there is still a chance for them.

What went horribly wrong with Juliette becoming a hexenbiest was that her previous Wesen experience was not positive. She was made a target and a victim, and for half the time she had no idea of it or why it was happening. Her nice, happy life with Nick was suddenly full of weird, dangerous situations and it was obvious to her she was being lied to and kept away from whatever was happening. So when she was FINALLY able to stand up for herself, to fight for herself and be strong and dependent on only herself, she loved the power and the feelings that came with it. Who wouldn't?!?

But because of everything that happened to her, she couldn't or wouldn't, or just didn't have the time to reconcile everything that happened before it was too late. So as much as things didn't work for Juliette the hexenbiest with Nick, I think it was more her character then her being a hexenbiest. Yes, that was an obstacle but one that might have been overcome if only Juliette had the time to process and the drive and strength to accept what happened and try and deal with it, with Nicks help and love.

Adalind the hexenbiest is different. Her character is different. Her strength, weaknesses and drive are different. She has Kelly as a focus. She needs to do better for him, and Nick, to be a good mom. She's fighting for them. And after all she's been through she now has Kelly and Diana to change her life for. To fight all the bad impulses and actions for. She has what Juliette thought she lost: Love. Adalind has a mothers love. Juliette had Nicks. It wasn't enough. Maybe Adalinds will be.

Fingers crossed ;D

I agree completely. I think Adelind is going to fight the "bad" when the powers come back. I think they set up Juliette's storyline as what everyone expects when you get powers. But it's very obvious that tons of Wesen (and some hexenbeists) have all sorts of control. Adelind is going to struggle but she's not going to go off the deep end because she's been Wesen all her life AND she has something to fight for. So she'll turn out differently than Juliette did.

It's a little pathetic how people excuse everything that Juliette did because she became hexenbeist. She made choices - this show has shown that she had choices. She was given this new power and it harnessed all her resentments and made her do what she did. Being a hexenbeist played a part, but the show has NEVER said you have NO free will.

I think they're setting up Adelind's story line that she's scared it will be like it was with Juliette, that they'll EXPECT her to be bad, but she'll fight it.
I really don't understand why someone made a thread with this title, especially if you take articles like this one into consideration:

http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2015/11/gri...who_e.html
(11-22-2015, 10:06 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't understand why someone made a thread with this title, especially if you take articles like this one into consideration:

http://www.oregonlive.com/tv/2015/11/gri...who_e.html

It's because it is a very polarizing issue, there are people who very much support the Nick/Adalind Relationship and those who are repulsed by it . Same think Happened with Buffy and Spike back in the late 90's.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12