Grimm Forum

Full Version: Final Season of Dexter begins June 30th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the summer hiatus of many of our favorite shows (i.e. Grimm), TV can seem a little dull. but there is one excellent show coming back early. Dexter's 8th and final season begins on June 30th. I'm curious to know if we've got any Dexter fans here?

I'm going to put the trailer for the 8th season below, however, if you haven't seen up to the 7th season, major spoiler warning.

More:
Spoiler :

I don't get showtime, but I watched 2 - 3 seasons of dexter on dvd. It's still on my To Watch list but not that close to the top.
Ah oh MY GOD, love Dexter, haven't seen the seventh season yet, I have it on the table in front of my ready to start watching tomorrow Big Grin Definitely one of the best shows of recent years.
im on the third season or fourth.....or second....SOAB .......yah ive seen some dexter
I watched the first 2 seasons years ago when it was available on Netflix, then it wasn't available anymore Sad

My hubs and I switched our cable company about a month ago and we got 3 months of Showtime for free, so I caught up and rewatched the entire series (yes, in less than a month! lol) We are going to pay to keep Showtime now so I can watch the new season and there are some other shows we are interested in too Big Grin

Me loves Dexter Smile
(06-12-2013, 08:17 AM)Courtney Wrote: [ -> ]I watched the first 2 seasons years ago when it was available on Netflix, then it wasn't available anymore Sad

My hubs and I switched our cable company about a month ago and we got 3 months of Showtime for free, so I caught up and rewatched the entire series (yes, in less than a month! lol) We are going to pay to keep Showtime now so I can watch the new season and there are some other shows we are interested in too Big Grin

Me loves Dexter Smile

Nice! Wow, you watched all those seasons in a month? crazy! lol. Yeah, it's definitely one of those addicting shows. It was also great to see Julie Benz (Darla/Rita) in the earlier seasons too. Wanna keep up and chat about the new episodes in this thread? With how Season 7 ended, I can't wait to find out what happens with Dexter and Debra.

Also

I am bummed that this is Dexter's last season. But I guess, all things must pass.
(06-15-2013, 02:13 AM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Wow, you watched all those seasons in a month? crazy! lol. Yeah, it's definitely one of those addicting shows. It was also great to see Julie Benz (Darla/Rita) in the earlier seasons too. Wanna keep up and chat about the new episodes in this thread? With how Season 7 ended, I can't wait to find out what happens with Dexter and Debra.

Also

I am bummed that this is Dexter's last season. But I guess, all things must pass.

Yeah, that's what happens when you're a stay-at-home mom with tons of time on your hands and an addictive personality! lol

I am bummed it's the last season too, since I finally caught up my watching it live phase will be short Sad

I was spoiled about Rita too, because I read some stuff I shouldn't have Confused
Wow, this show has been on for seven seasons? Hard to believe! I did watch the earlier ones, but didn't catch up after that. Pleased to see that they're giving it a proper end instead of just canceling it (I assume that's the case since the final season is known about in advance.) I know I've missed a lot and I'm not sure if I'll ever catch up to it (but it's more likely when it's all available in one fell swoop. I like to binge on shows, heh) ... Hall really brought a lot to the role. Hard to imagine anyone else taking up that part if they ever do another version.

I definitely like the show more than I did the books (read a few; they weren't to my liking). If anyone is looking for something similar in "tone", I suggest you check out Hannibal. I'm the unofficial Grimm Forum cheerleader for that show, lol. Wink Seriously though, the sets, the plot lines, it's all so great!

salar521

The character of Dexter, a disassociated, psychopathic serial killer, is somewhat reminiscent of Data, the android in the Star Trek series. Dexter is devoid of normal, human emotion.