Grimm Forum

Full Version: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
"Juliette embraced her hexenbiest"

This statement (or something similar) has been appearing more and more frequently. No offense to anyone, but I have yet to see any elaboration on how one goes about embracing one's inner hexenbiest.

So I thought it would be fun to examine this topic. While thinking about it, I thought I would also ask some questions for discussion.

First, can a person really embrace something so foreign? Just for a moment, go back to your teenage years (for those of you who are not teenagers now). I know of nothing, not even older age, that was as foreign to me as the event of teenagehood.

Did you embrace your inner teenage conflicts and outer hormonal changes? Or did you shrug your shoulders as teenagehood came upon you, realizing there was not a damn thing you could do about it?

So what about the hexenbiest? When it became part of Juliette was it an infant? Was it a juvenile? Was it ageless? And if ageless, I ask you to consider the following. Why then do there seem to be such major differences between Adalind (clearly squirrelly) and the older hexenbiests such as Elizabeth, Catherine and Henrietta? Compared to the squirrelly Adalind, these hexenbiests appear calm and stately.

I look at an embrace as just that. You accept it, but are able to push it away when you've had enough. Can a person really do that with a hexenbiest spirit? Or is a person who becomes newly initiated a prisoner of the hexenbiest?

If hexenbiest goes from infant to juvenile to adult to aged, how would an infant/juvenile hexenbiest look at murder? The same as a young child? In short, the ramifications of taking another life cannot be grasped? Hexenadler pointed out that Juliette does not apologize to Nick for his mother's death. If she was the equivalent of a child in the hexenbiest world, would she be expected to?

What about her reactions with Nick and the Scooby gang? Is it really an addiction to power we're seeing or is a child with a new toy?

This reminds me of one of my all time favorite Star Trek TOS episodes. 'Charlie X' is about a teenager who's parents died in a strange world and left Charlie alone. Aliens took pity on him and shared their powers with him so he could survive. But Charlie was a teenager with dangerous powers that could not be taken from him. Captain Kirk (in an absolutely redeeming role from his continual prime directive violating) actually forms a relationship with Charlie, much like a father. But in the end, teenagehood and superpowers don't mix. Charlie is forcibly taken away from a potentially beneficial relationship with humans. He's made to live his life alone with the aliens. As he struggles to stay with the humans up until the very end, he cries out that he cannot even touch them.

Charlie could not embrace the powers that he had. They were a part of his being. As he was immature, so his use of those powers would reflect his immaturity. Because he can never be among humans, he will never gain the maturity that humans get with experience. He will always be dangerous.
Obviously, Juliette learned much too late that "embracing the Hexenbiest" also meant betraying your closest friends, snuggling up to loathsome sociopaths, becoming a complete skank, and...oh, right...playing a role in the decapitation of your fiancee's mother. She talked about being the "best Hexenbiest she could be" without having any real idea what that involved. It's a path leading only to evil, abandonment, desolation, and finally, death.
(07-30-2015, 06:20 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]Obviously, Juliette learned much too late that "embracing the Hexenbiest" also meant betraying your closest friends, snuggling up to loathsome sociopaths, becoming a complete skank, and...oh, right...playing a role in the decapitation of your fiancee's mother.

A complete skank? In what way?
(07-31-2015, 09:15 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]A complete skank? In what way?

Really? Hunkering down with a sleazebag like Kenneth didn't make it obvious enough?
(07-31-2015, 12:05 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2015, 09:15 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]A complete skank? In what way?

Really? Hunkering down with a sleazebag like Kenneth didn't make it obvious enough?

Actually, no it didn't. I understand skank to have a different meaning than sleeping with a man.
(07-31-2015, 01:03 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, no it didn't. I understand skank to have a different meaning than sleeping with a man.

A different meaning for you, perhaps. Sorry, but anyone who voluntarily sleeps with someone like Kenneth deserves to have that kind of label slapped on them.
(07-31-2015, 01:54 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2015, 01:03 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, no it didn't. I understand skank to have a different meaning than sleeping with a man.

A different meaning for you, perhaps. Sorry, but anyone who voluntarily sleeps with someone like Kenneth deserves to have that kind of label slapped on them.

Oh no, not a different meaning for me. I didn't like Kenneth, he was a jerk. But my dislike of him does not make Juliette a sleaze for sleeping with him.
Yes, it's very possible to embrace the Hex beast, All who are Hexenbeist have embraced it, at least so far that I've seen. From Adalind, to Juliette, Elizabeth, and the woman who tried to help Juliette, the one Renard killed when possessed by Jack the Ripper, can't remember her name but all have embraced it, perhaps in different ways but still embraced it.
(08-02-2015, 07:25 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's very possible to embrace the Hex beast, All who are Hexenbeist have embraced it, at least so far that I've seen. From Adalind, to Juliette, Elizabeth, and the woman who tried to help Juliette, the one Renard killed when possessed by Jack the Ripper, can't remember her name but all have embraced it, perhaps in different ways but still embraced it.
Correct only thing left is how you use it? Thanks for the point.
For those who believe a person can embrace their hexenbiest, then do you also believe a person can contain their hexenbiest without use of magic or a potion? Also, if so, then can that person completely resort back to normal?

Using Juliette as an example, I say a hexenbiest cannot be contained, therefore she cannot embrace or it reject it at will. Even in her human form, she was different.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26