Grimm Forum

Full Version: On The Origin of Wessen: By Means of Unnatural Selection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, I know this has been discussed on other threads, thought I'd bring in under one topic heading.

Question: Where/when did wessen originate?

We know they go back to Ancient Egypt at least. But likely much further. Check out the following link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion_man_o...ein_Stadel

Odd that this was found in Germany, don't you think?Dodgy

And of course there is the question of how they originated.

Spell cast by an ancient shaman or wizard? Bizarre DNA experiments by ancient aliens?

Let the crazy speculation commence!!Big Grin

Personally, I think that lion man figurine is an 'illustration' from one of the first 'Grimm Books'. Old Grandma Ogg carved it to show little Nick of the Clan of the Cave Grimms what one of 'them' looked like.Tongue
I'll go asteroid pick a time BC this change the DNA of humans in that area and created Grimm's and a basic wesen. Then ancient shaman started working with the basic wesen like man did with the wolf to get today's dogs. They created the different wesen. They use the Grimm's to find the basic wesen. Getting us to today a subconscious fear of Grimm's.
(07-29-2015, 11:18 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll go asteroid pick a time BC this change the DNA of humans in that area and created Grimm's and a basic wesen. Then ancient shaman started working with the basic wesen like man did with the wolf to get today's dogs. They created the different wesen. They use the Grimm's to find the basic wesen. Getting us to today a subconscious fear of Grimm's.

I liked the asteroid idea. But I prefer to think that all process started with the shaman. He/she started to make potions with "pieces of strange rock from the skye" mixed with different plants and tested it in other humans, like slaves.

Those were the first wesen. The idea of wolf and dogs aplies to the first wesen. The grimm would be one of the evolutions of the first original wesen.
(07-31-2015, 02:52 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2015, 11:18 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll go asteroid pick a time BC this change the DNA of humans in that area and created Grimm's and a basic wesen. Then ancient shaman started working with the basic wesen like man did with the wolf to get today's dogs. They created the different wesen. They use the Grimm's to find the basic wesen. Getting us to today a subconscious fear of Grimm's.

I liked the asteroid idea. But I prefer to think that all process started with the shaman. He/she started to make potions with "pieces of strange rock from the skye" mixed with different plants and tested it in other humans, like slaves.

Those were the first wesen. The idea of wolf and dogs aplies to the first wesen. The grimm would be one of the evolutions of the first original wesen.
We do know the radiation cause genetic damage or changes. So if the asteroid was some type radioactive material "Unique" in it's properties you could have any number of outcomes.
The asteroid idea isn't a bad one. There ARE elements found in asteroids in greater abundance than in the Earth's crust. So, it's a possibility.Dodgy
I been thinking (no jokes Big Grin) we know the Greek's were some of the first recorded doctors. I believe the Hippocratic Oath was named after one of these doctors going into left field was there a reason for "first do no harm"?Dodgy

In the fantasy world could this be because other doctor were creating wesen? Could what the keys find as Adriano has posted in other posts (may be others but I remember his) be the secret of how to do that?
(08-04-2015, 01:25 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I been thinking (no jokes Big Grin) we know the Greek's were some of the first recorded doctors. I believe the Hippocratic Oath was named after one of these doctors going into left field was there a reason for "first do no harm"?Dodgy

In the fantasy world could this be because other doctor were creating wesen? Could what the keys find as Adriano has posted in other posts (may be others but I remember his) be the secret of how to do that?

Talking about doctors.... I remember about Frankenstein. Doctors from the past could be doing something like that....
(08-04-2015, 01:51 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2015, 01:25 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]I been thinking (no jokes Big Grin) we know the Greek's were some of the first recorded doctors. I believe the Hippocratic Oath was named after one of these doctors going into left field was there a reason for "first do no harm"?Dodgy

Talking about doctors.... I remember about Frankenstein. Doctors from the past could be doing something like that....
Grimm needs a flash back episode or find the papers on the keys this could have also have this type information. As the series needs and episode to clear up some of the items. They could even have Nick as one of the seven Knights. Do I think they will NO but one can hope.
(08-07-2015, 01:51 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]

Grimm needs a flash back episode or find the papers on the keys this could have also have this type information. As the series needs and episode to clear up some of the items. They could even have Nick as one of the seven Knights. Do I think they will NO but one can hope.

A flash back episode would be great.
But I think that if the writers put a history book this will be enough.
(08-07-2015, 03:09 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2015, 01:51 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]

A flash back episode would be great.
But I think that if the writers put a history book this will be enough.
A book or letters from that time I could live with. Now who has them and how do we get them?
Pages: 1 2 3