Grimm Forum

Full Version: Nick seating alone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In one of the spoilers it was said for 12 episodes we would be seeing Nick setting alone. That is over half the season. I believe this is to long for Nick mopping I'd like to see this end by episode 5 at the latest, now it didn't give us any other information so guess we could see the day to day as normal and the evening alone which maybe a weak maybe I could see.

How do you see it?
For most of us, no matter how exciting our job/day has been, we go home, sit in our chair and be with ourself(and I had to deal with 5 kids!). Nick could be seen looking into space, rehashing the past--what he coulda, shoulda, oughta done, where things went wrong. Maybe flashback, trying to see what could have been if he had only?
(07-22-2015, 07:58 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]For most of us, no matter how exciting our job/day has been, we go home, sit in our chair and be with ourself(and I had to deal with 5 kids!). Nick could be seen looking into space, rehashing the past--what he coulda, shoulda, oughta done, where things went wrong. Maybe flashback, trying to see what could have been if he had only?
That is a good point I'm retired and live alone so I can see your point. So you see (correct me if I'm wrong) him have a normal day just when off duty being along and thinking about the what if's? Not truly mopping just reflective.
(07-22-2015, 08:03 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2015, 07:58 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]For most of us, no matter how exciting our job/day has been, we go home, sit in our chair and be with ourself(and I had to deal with 5 kids!). Nick could be seen looking into space, rehashing the past--what he coulda, shoulda, oughta done, where things went wrong. Maybe flashback, trying to see what could have been if he had only?
That is a good point I'm retired and live alone so I can see your point. So you see (correct me if I'm wrong) him have a normal day just when off duty being along and thinking about the what if's? Not truly mopping just reflective.

Reflection is a natural and good thing. As an aside there is nothing wrong with spending time by yourself. Even n a family setting many people are essentially alone, involved in their schooling, research, hobbies or work related activities.

And Nick should get use to sitting alone. He really has zero business having a lover or friends. His mere existence puts everyone around him in danger. He has endangered Monroe and Rosalee, Bud, etc, etc. A casual night out with friends puts them in danger. He is a cop and Grimm, given that, relationships should ultimately be taboo; ther eis too much risk to subject your associates to. And maybe that is what he will be brooding about.
(07-22-2015, 09:46 AM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2015, 08:03 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]

Reflection is a natural and good thing. As an aside there is nothing wrong with spending time by yourself. Even n a family setting many people are essentially alone, involved in their schooling, research, hobbies or work related activities.

And Nick should get use to sitting alone. He really has zero business having a lover or friends. His mere existence puts everyone around him in danger. He has endangered Monroe and Rosalee, Bud, etc, etc. A casual night out with friends puts them in danger. He is a cop and Grimm, given that, relationships should ultimately be taboo; ther eis too much risk to subject your associates to. And maybe that is what he will be brooding about.
Also a good point again correct me if I'm wrong you can see Nick reflecting on the danger he puts others in? You know when I posted this thread I thought is was a straight forward question now with 2 new posts see maybe it isn't.
(07-22-2015, 09:51 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]]Also a good point again correct me if I'm wrong you can see Nick reflecting on the danger he puts others in? You know when I posted this thread I thought is was a straight forward question now with 2 new posts see maybe it isn't.

Bearing in mind I am not one of the writers, but if I were I would consider the following.
The I put others in danger has been done to death in other show s(Highlander for example) in terms of a drawn conclusion. What has not been done to death is seeing the character arrive at that conclusion as he examines his interactions with people on a day to day basis and evaluates the enjoyment verses the danger he puts them in. It would be brooding ultimately, but I could see it rolling out over along time. Declining dinner invites, declining a get-together at the local bar, etc, etc. Looking wistfully at couples out while you are at the movies alone and discretely maintaining cordial relations with former friends but distancing yourself.

As I said, the conclusion has been doe to death. but the slow process of getting there has not. It is usually just a Juliette type event, where someone dies that is the explanation, but I I said you don't see the process.