Grimm Forum

Full Version: Favorite plots...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have been chatting with another forum member and a question emerged. Grimm essentially is a wesen of the week show with a continuity of character development and interplay and also several longer and deeper plot lines and threads running through it. Here are a few:
  • The Royals as a family entity
  • The quest for the Keys
  • The Chavez squad thing
  • The Royal baby succession thing
  • The Wesen council

The question is, which if any or all do you actually care about: The police main story or the subplots or the mix of both?

As stated in another thread, personally I am not enamored with any of them, in fact except for the Wesen council. I find these interwoven plot devices distractions from what I am interested in, which is the interplay and character development of the Scooby gang.

Most pleasant regards...
I like the mystery what the keys open and finding the third key (guess I like the Indiana Jones) long term. Then for the season start I want know what is Chavez up to and where does Bill Campbell come in play. Also want to know why Kelly fell into the trap and why LBB don't help was Elizabeth involved with Kelly and Meisner the plan B.

Now I want to see plans for the royals getting their keys. The wesen council doesn't hold much interest unless they play in to the planning for royals and help the Scooby's with that.

Now I want Adalind and Nick son to play out and see if Adalind can change. LBB isn't a big deal for me now unless Meisne (I like the character) turns up and brings Diana to Adalind and then only see if Nick's son and her have a role even if it a long term role.

Now it time to see which way Sean jumps and does his mother return. Time to see how or if they can find the coins, and are the coins and key connected. I started to wonder if the coins are part of the keys use?

I have seen the police side of the plots as a training ground for Nick, Hank, and Wu to understand wesen. Monroe and Rosalee the teachers the crimes the learning curve. The law and order part of series only hold a small interest and as only the back drop for the others.

Thanks for thread hope you get some good replies. Fans have different reasons they like the series and their idea's give me other ideas and outlooks. Things to look for. Thanks
(07-06-2015, 05:40 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Now I want to see plans for the royals getting their keys. The wesen council doesn't hold much interest unless they play in to the planning for royals and help the Scooby's with that.

I don't think the Royals are going to be around for much longer, now that Nick will have a good reason to be hellbent on their total destruction.
Nick's son- is a plot I want to see. That kid's life will be interesting.

And the keys. And the deal with Chavez.

I want season 5 to deal with those three plots I mentioned.
(07-06-2015, 05:40 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Now I want Adalind and Nick son to play out and see if Adalind can change.

and ...

(07-06-2015, 02:01 PM)Nickster Wrote: [ -> ]Nick's son- is a plot I want to see. That kid's life will be interesting.

I agree with the two of you. I certainly want to see Nick define a relationship with his child. I could see a scene with Nick shopping for a crib etc when his cell phone goes off. And I think it would be between cool/cute/awesome to see Nick tell Adalind he wants to have a serious talk and whip out a bunch of college savings plans for them to review. I would love that : ) I would like that added dimension and incongruence with the vengeful Nick that is being alluded to.

Hmmm, what do you think of Bud as a Godparent? And isn't Nick going to have to buy some life insurance and prepare a will as will Adalind? Who do they want to raise the child if something happens to them - Monroe/Rosalee?

And what type of stuffed animal do you get a GrimmxHexenbeist baby? And if Adalind Hexenbeist is suppressed is the baby going to just be straight up Grimm?
(07-06-2015, 08:16 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2015, 05:40 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Now I want Adalind and Nick son to play out and see if Adalind can change.

and ...

(07-06-2015, 02:01 PM)Nickster Wrote: [ -> ]Nick's son- is a plot I want to see. That kid's life will be interesting.
Like the humor.Big Grin Good fun seeing Nick as the average dad and Adalind as dear mom. Thanks

I agree with the two of you. I certainly want to see Nick define a relationship with his child. I could see a scene with Nick shopping for a crib etc when his cell phone goes off. And I think it would be between cool/cute/awesome to see Nick tell Adalind he wants to have a serious talk and whip out a bunch of college savings plans for them to review. I would love that : ) I would like that added dimension and incongruence with the vengeful Nick that is being alluded to.

Hmmm, what do you think of Bud as a Godparent? And isn't Nick going to have to buy some life insurance and prepare a will as will Adalind? Who do they want to raise the child if something happens to them - Monroe/Rosalee?

And what type of stuffed animal do you get a GrimmxHexenbeist baby? And if Adalind Hexenbeist is suppressed is the baby going to just be straight up Grimm?
Like the humor.Big Grin Seeing Nick as average dad and Alalind as good mom. Big Grin Thanks
@izzy. Of the plot lines you mentioned I think the search for the keys and trying to find the hidden whatever are interesting. Like Hexenadler, I think the Royals' are now in serious trouble. Between what Nick's crew and Meisner did in S4 finale, they have suffered some serious losses.

Also, the Wessen Council has been an interesting plot line. Sometimes friendly, sometimes enemies, make you wonder which way they'll turn next. (I still think it's likely Nick will HAVE to assume they are enemies. After putting a hit out on him, he doesn't dare assume otherwise.)Dodgy

But what has really intrigued me this year is just who the heck is Chavez, who does she actually work for, and what's their game??Dodgy