Grimm Forum

Full Version: where and when of wesen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We know that Grimm's were around before the became known a Grimm's because the brother were the first to write about them that's when they took the name Grimm's.

So a good question how far in the past do wesen and Grimm's go? Are both additional group of humans or was there a world change event that created them? Asteroid etc.?

What your thoughs?
(07-03-2015, 09:22 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]We know that Grimm's were around before the became known a Grimm's because the brother were the first to write about them that's went to took the name Grimm's.

So a good question how far in the past do wesen and Grimm's go? Are both additional group of humans or was the a world change event that created them? Asteroid etc.?

What your thoughs?

As far as the show tell us, wesen caome from the old egypt (the anubis god). Maybe the paharoes had to use someone (a grimm) to control the wesen or to know were they are....

I would guess that wesen and grimm come for the first sons of Adam and Eve (if you take the biblical context) or come from the first homo sapiens in the nature (If you take darwin context).

If I was written, since you have magical context in the show.... I would say something like anykind of experiment made the Egyptians or by the Greeks. The greek idea of gods having sons with the mortals would give a good context to explain the wesens and the grimm... My guess...
(07-03-2015, 09:54 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2015, 09:22 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]We know that Grimm's were around before the became known a Grimm's because the brother were the first to write about them that's went to took the name Grimm's.

So a good question how far in the past do wesen and Grimm's go? Are both additional group of humans or was the a world change event that created them? Asteroid etc.?

What your thoughs?

As far as the show tell us, wesen caome from the old egypt (the anubis god). Maybe the paharoes had to use someone (a grimm) to control the wesen or to know were they are....

I would guess that wesen and grimm come for the first sons of Adam and Eve (if you take the biblical context) or come from the first homo sapiens in the nature (If you take darwin context).

If I was written, since you have magical context in the show.... I would say something like anykind of experiment made the Egyptians or by the Greeks. The greek idea of gods having sons with the mortals would give a good context to explain the wesens and the grimm... My guess...
I'll take Greek angle the wesen the how may have been was some small truth to the Greek god's we'll make them wesen. Now in the first movie Jurassic Park the math guy (can't think of his name) said life will find a way so Darwin kicks in as we have a need and Grimm's are created to counter the wesen. Just a guess and anyone guess is as good as mine.

Now for the Greek traveled to Egypt Alexander the Great went there so we have wesen in Egypt and starts the world wide spread and where wesen go so do Grimm's. Again just guessing.
When Nck went to the eye doctor he was told most people have three rods in their eyes, a few have four, and he had more--she didn't say how many. Grimmness may be a received genetic trait. Blond hair and blue eyes are about 8,000 years old. The older Grimms would tell their children about the Wessen they met (maybe in the next village over), and the Wessen would warn their kids about the weird dark eyed people on the other side of the mountain. How the Wessen began is something I can't figure out. This is a science fiction story, there will always be unexplainable things.
(07-04-2015, 06:10 PM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]When Nck went to the eye doctor he was told most people have three rods in their eyes, a few have four, and he had more--she didn't say how many. Grimmness may be a received genetic trait. Blond hair and blue eyes are about 8,000 years old. The older Grimms would tell their children about the Wessen they met (maybe in the next village over), and the Wessen would warn their kids about the weird dark eyed people on the other side of the mountain. How the Wessen began is something I can't figure out. This is a science fiction story, there will always be unexplainable things.
Like the idea of 8000 years. Would give us a time frame you are more into one of Adriano's ideas of (If you take Darwin context). This also putts in back in time for the Egypt Greece raise. Works will good point.

Would you make this a slow evolvement or some natural event like an asteroid strike? Both wesen and Grimm could start at the same time? Now we have to apply the why to the why wesen and Grimm just say didn't get along. Can you think of a reason these two group to be a odd's?

The only reason I think this might be in play is it is possible that Grimm's at one time were a wesen subgroup and not the natural enemies of today? That some where in the 8000 year history someone of something cause this and Nick is a throw back to that age?

Eric I often go off in to left field you have a good point that I could take there. We have a lot of off season to guess. Thanks for the ideas.Idea
That is a pretty interesting question. We know from the show that there are several ways in which Grimms are different from other people.

For example, they have 5 types of cells in their eyes. (Most people have 3 types that basically see red, yellow and blue. So, Grimms can apparently see into the infrared and ultraviolet.)

Females tend to realize they are Grimms before men do. From an evolutionary point of view this makes sense. Female Grimms can recognize a threat to their young when they come of child bearing age. It wouldn't be so important for men to develop it young, so long as they were willing to be muscle when the women folk told them to be.Big Grin

Grimms seem to have an edge in strength, speed and agility over the average person, or wessen.

Probably, wessen and Grimms go back to the same period in time. But when the heck was that? And how did different types of wessen come to exist? I mean fuchsbau, blutbads, lowen, what the heck man?!Confused
(07-05-2015, 11:26 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]That is a pretty interesting question. We know from the show that there are several ways in which Grimms are different from other people.

For example, they have 5 types of cells in their eyes. (Most people have 3 types that basically see red, yellow and blue. So, Grimms can apparently see into the infrared and ultraviolet.)

Females tend to realize they are Grimms before men do. From an evolutionary point of view this makes sense. Female Grimms can recognize a threat to their young when they come of child bearing age. It wouldn't be so important for men to develop it young, so long as they were willing to be muscle when the women folk told them to be.Big Grin

Grimms seem to have an edge in strength, speed and agility over the average person, or wessen.

Probably, wessen and Grimms go back to the same period in time. But when the heck was that? And how did different types of wessen come to exist? I mean fuchsbau, blutbads, lowen, what the heck man?!Confused
Great point how about this at one point all wesen were just one kind (and Grimm's were also wesen) and as man has taken the wolf and now we have ever different breed of dog's. Just the mating with humans changed the wesen groups lets say around 25,000 years ago started the divergence.

My 2 cents. What do you think?
They said we're going to learn some things in these last episodes and if that hmmm, yeah, maybe if they are renewed for S6 it would be interesting to explore wesen lineage and all that ...

It was also eluded to and stated that or referred as: stories take on a life of themselves over the years/ages (in regards to the "stick") and how mythologies and tales are made and evolved.

so just like the uprisings in past how Grimm has used that to their advantage re: some of History seems like it could be what we think of as "the spear of destiny" or a piece of "the true cross" and all that may be explained away as "made up" and not really what it is type of thing. Just a way stories get exaggerated, blown out of proportion and really a far cry from what it is at all; and all that LOL

Like, I can tell someone something and say "don't tell" and they do tell, only they add a line and then the person they tell embellishes a bit more or adds something else and totally different people or examples and then by the time it gets back to me it is so far off and so bizarre and furthest thing from the truth ROFL