Grimm Forum

Full Version: Bitsie's absence from San Diego Comic Con...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/gr.../57695.htm

Personally speaking, I'm not at all convinced Bitsie's non-attendance at the San Diego Comic Con is indicative of her being gone from the show for good. It's just as possible the showrunners are trying to be sneaky with Bitsie's role in future episodes, and made a secret arrangement with Bitsie to keep her out of the limelight until the "big reveal" in season 5.

If Bitsie really ISN'T coming back...well, her character's exit will probably go down as one of the most abrupt and lame in recent television history. Rolleyes
(07-02-2015, 06:48 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]If Bitsie really ISN'T coming back...well, her character's exit will probably go down as one of the most abrupt and lame in recent television history. Rolleyes

Only in your opinion. Big Grin

And for like minded juliette fans.

If she is gone gone for good, for me it's going to be the most awesomest thing for Grimm. And a good reason to keep watching.

My 2 cents? Juliette is coming back.
(07-02-2015, 06:57 AM)Nickster Wrote: [ -> ]Only in your opinion. Big Grin

Opinion's got nothing to do with it. Juliette's death blows from almost every possible angle you can look at it, a poorly-disguised version of the tired old "Women in Refrigerators" trope. Fans who argue otherwise already despised Juliette to begin with. Rolleyes
(07-02-2015, 06:57 AM)Nickster Wrote: [ -> ]My 2 cents? Juliette is coming back.

Even you think she's coming back.
(07-02-2015, 06:48 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.christiantoday.com/article/gr.../57695.htm

Personally speaking, I'm not at all convinced Bitsie's non-attendance at the San Diego Comic Con is indicative of her being gone from the show for good. It's just as possible the showrunners are trying to be sneaky with Bitsie's role in future episodes, and made a secret arrangement with Bitsie to keep her out of the limelight until the "big reveal" in season 5.

If Bitsie really ISN'T coming back...well, her character's exit will probably go down as one of the most abrupt and lame in recent television history. Rolleyes
I agree but will play devils advocate how do they bring her back? Still hexenbiest, back to the old Juliette, or something else. If the hexenbiest still got problems as the old Juliette how does she now fit into what role? I can't see Nick still around or any of the Scooby's. If something else what?

I've given a couple ways of doing it bolts Trubel blood (didn't give that one much hope I think Trubel showed up with the crossbow for Chevez), the hexenbiest death saves her life that one I could live with. As we didn't know how the hexenbiest started would be just as easy not to know why it ended.

Does she stay in Portland and try and repair the damage she's done or leave?

I would think the hiding Bitsie for S.D. would be a good move for the surprise effect.

This an interesting thread thanks. Or you could start a thread just for that.
(07-02-2015, 07:02 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2015, 06:57 AM)Nickster Wrote: [ -> ]Only in your opinion. Big Grin

Opinion's got nothing to do with it. Juliette's death blows from almost every possible angle you can look at it, a poorly-disguised version of the tired old "Women in Refrigerators" trope. Fans who argue otherwise already despised Juliette to begin with. Rolleyes

Yes it has. Big Grin You love Juliette. It's clear.

And being a feminist, I've written an essay on the Woman in Refrigerators in fiction so I know all about stuff like this. Juliette would have died in the first season if that were true. Whatever she did, she did as a villain, not as a damsel in distress. Fridged women were either damsel in distresses or superheroes like the Oracle. Not villains like Juliette.

There's nothing wrong with female villains, it's just they are lacking in film/TV. They do deserve to be defeated like male villians so no, it's not a case of her being fridged, it's the consequences of her being a villain.

I don't want her back because she'll go back to the same boring old Juliette she was before. Aka, the damsel in distress with a whiny attitude, who is so good at everything like cooking, shooting and everything else like a Mary Sue. And yes, I despise the tired old damsel in distress character who is a Mary Sue. I like flawed women who doesn't pin all her problems on a man.

As for Bitsie retrning to the show, here's the facts why I beleive she isn't gone, if anyone wants to prove me wrong regarding her return, please do so. I hope what you say becomes true.

1. She's dating David- the guy who plays Nick. He asked her to audition for Juliette, she got it and their friendship grew stronger after that. They also may have influence over the writers and directors because everyone knows and feels their relationship is cute. Look at the staff party pics, they are close to the development team. They ship each other in Grimm and in real life.

2. The Juliette fans who do petitions and are active on social media, they are mad and hellbent on her returning to the show. Even had both David and Bitsie retweet their tweets for Juliette to return.

3. The interview Jim Kouf and David Greenwalt gave about Juliette being dead, they were laughing and not being serious.

4. Bitsie is still active with Grimm tweets and has no projects at the moment.

5. My gut feeling.

And yes, Hexenadler, my gut feeling tells me you will continue with your yapping and completely miss the point, a trend I see with a lot of rabid Juliette fans.
(07-02-2015, 08:14 AM)Nickster Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it has. Big Grin You love Juliette. It's clear.

Wrong. I didn't think much of Juliette prior to her becoming a Hexenbiest, but it was only AFTER she transformed that I thought the show was taking her in an interesting direction. But when they chose to warp her into an antagonist, she lost me again. Of course, that's the fault of the writers, not Bitsie.

Quote:And being a feminist, I've written an essay on the Woman in Refrigerators in fiction so I know all about stuff like this. Juliette would have died in the first season if that were true. Whatever she did, she did as a villain, not as a damsel in distress. Fridged women were either damsel in distresses or superheroes like the Oracle. Not villains like Juliette.

I honestly don't care about your personal credentials, and your argument also falls flat on its face if examined too closely. Juliette didn't start out as a villain, but was turned into one due to circumstances (mostly) out of her control. But instead of allowing her a chance to evolve past her "Evil Bitch" phase into a genuinely powerful ally to Nick, the writers opted to kill her off to make Nick appropriately broody and miserable for season 5. Ergo, the "Women in Refrigerators" trope still applies.

Quote:There's nothing wrong with female villains, it's just they are lacking in film/TV. They do deserve to be defeated like male villians so no, it's not a case of her being fridged, it's the consequences of her being a villain.

This is the most shallowly pessimistic assessment I've ever heard. Are you basically saying there was no way out for Juliette besides death? If a woman were to find herself transformed into a Hexenbiest, she has no hope of being redeemed (or redeeming herself)? How is that supposed to be an outcome a feminist can approve of?

Quote:I don't want her back because she'll go back to the same boring old Juliette she was before. Aka, the damsel in distress with a whiny attitude, who is so good at everything like cooking, shooting and everything else like a Mary Sue. And yes, I despise the tired old damsel in distress character who is a Mary Sue. I like flawed women who doesn't pin all her problems on a man.

And if she returned, but remained a Hexenbiest - albeit one who has better control over her dark impulses - how would you react?

Quote:1. She's dating David- the guy who plays Nick. He asked her to audition for Juliette, she got it and their friendship grew stronger after that. They also may have influence over the writers and directors because everyone knows and feels their relationship is cute. Look at the staff party pics, they are close to the development team. They ship each other in Grimm and in real life.

Another reason why I think Bitsie's absence from Comic Con is an attempted ploy to keep the fans in the dark. The fans dig David and Bitsie, and David and Bitsie dig each other. Keeping Juliette dead just seems poorly advised.

Quote:2. The Juliette fans who do petitions and are active on social media, they are mad and hellbent on her returning to the show. Even had both David and Bitsie retweet their tweets for Juliette to return.

No kidding. I haven't been a "Grimmster" for that long, but some of the online responses I've seen to the question of Juliette's fate are among the most vehement I've ever seen.

Quote:3. The interview Jim Kouf and David Greenwalt gave about Juliette being dead, they were laughing and not being serious.

There's also the time when David Giuntoli mentioned in passing about someone "dying" in the final episode of S4 (he used quotation fingers). We now know he was referring to Juliette, so obviously the showrunners had plans in motion even before the finale aired.

Quote:4. Bitsie is still active with Grimm tweets and has no projects at the moment.

Just about every other project I've seen on her IMDB page is listed under "Post-Production." So, her schedule is basically empty...assuming she isn't coming back, of course.

Quote:5. My gut feeling.

Gotta love those.
@members
Please stay polite, I don't want to close the thread, thank you.
I would not be surprised if they bring her back as the supervillian. I suspect Henriette's death will be used to invigorate Adalind or Juliette. They had her die for some reason and nothing to do with jack The Ripper side tale.
(07-02-2015, 09:44 PM)izzy Wrote: [ -> ]I would not be surprised if they bring her back as the supervillian. I suspect Henriette's death will be used to invigorate Adalind or Juliette. They had her die for some reason and nothing to do with jack The Ripper side tale.
I agree on Henriatta body been needed at some point could be Juliette but would bet on Adalind when Nick trusts her and wants to get her powers back. This and 5 dollars will get you a cup of coffee.
Pages: 1 2