Grimm Forum

Full Version: Magic Spells and Potions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I went through the discussions the other day and didn't see a topic dedicated to this. I wanted to ask a question about the potion that turned Juliette into Adalind so she could help Nick get his powers back. My question is this: Did Juliette actually become Adalind or was she simply Juliette in Adalind's form?
(06-04-2015, 05:27 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I went through the discussions the other day and didn't see a topic dedicated to this. I wanted to ask a question about the potion that turned Juliette into Adalind so she could help Nick get his powers back. My question is this: Did Juliette actually become Adalind or was she simply Juliette in Adalind's form?
Juliette told Nick it was still her. So just a surface change.
yup, Juliette was told she'd still be herself just look like Adalind but it was mentioned that side effects could happen, and boy did they.
(06-04-2015, 06:56 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]yup, Juliette was told she'd still be herself just look like Adalind but it was mentioned that side effects could happen, and boy did they.

It seems odd to me that a side effect of this potion would be to become a hexenbiest. I'm wondering now if perhaps Juliette was a hexenbiest all along.
(06-05-2015, 04:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2015, 06:56 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]yup, Juliette was told she'd still be herself just look like Adalind but it was mentioned that side effects could happen, and boy did they.

It seems odd to me that a side effect of this potion would be to become a hexenbiest. I'm wondering now if perhaps Juliette was a hexenbiest all along.

I don't believe that to be the case, as I'm sure the beist would have been let loose long before season 4, especially with all of the things Adalind was doing.
(06-05-2015, 06:36 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe that to be the case, as I'm sure the beist would have been let loose long before season 4, especially with all of the things Adalind was doing.

I thought that way too, but Nick himself was a late bloomer.
My 2 cents I think when they used Adalind hair for the potion (stealing from CSI) Adalind hair carried the hexenbeist potion from her getting her powers back. I think Elizabeth fell this when she tested the potion and that's why she told them to add 1 drop less that last time thinking this would prevent this. Elizabeth was already a hexenbeist so that test didn't effect her (we may find out it did and she has more power also) she was a strong hexenbeist in her own right would make for a interesting surprise.

Does this track?
(06-05-2015, 07:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2015, 06:36 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe that to be the case, as I'm sure the beist would have been let loose long before season 4, especially with all of the things Adalind was doing.

I thought that way too, but Nick himself was a late bloomer.

Nick was a late bloomer, correct, but Kelly told Nick that female Grimms get their abilities much quicker than males.
(06-05-2015, 08:43 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]My 2 cents I think when they used Adalind hair for the potion (stealing from CSI) Adalind hair carried the hexenbeist potion from her getting her powers back. I think Elizabeth fell this when she tested the potion and that's why she told them to add 1 drop less that last time thinking this would prevent this. Elizabeth was already a hexenbeist so that test didn't effect her (we may find out it did and she has more power also) she was a strong hexenbeist in her own right would make for a interesting surprise.

Does this track?

I like the idea of the hexenbiest potion in Adelind's hair. That being said, I just don't see how it could work. From what I understand, the potion that Adelind took gave her back her hexenbiest spirit. Juliette does not have a hexenbiest spirit. Would a hair containing a fragment of potion whose primary purpose was to capture a hexenbiest spirit make a human into a hexenbiest without a spirit? It just doesn't seem likely.

I also thought Henrietta's reaction to Juliette would have been different had this been the result of a potion. But she acts like the hexenbiest part of Juliette is/was and will/be a permanent thing.

So I'm back to the thought that perhaps Juliette had the blood of the hexenbiest within her all along and this wasn't a side effect of the potion.
Juliette's hexenbiest features could have come from Sean. He had to temporarily purge his zauber side before waking Juliette from the sleeping spell, lest bad things happen. If he missed a bit and passed it on like a virus, it could have taken a long time to incubate from that small sample.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33