Grimm Forum

Full Version: Magic Spells and Potions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I think some of this stuff can be chalked up to writing, it might have been a last minute change or at least short notice that Juliette was being killed off. Even though I think her character was designed for that to happen, might have come a bit sooner than expected or hoped. So it was thrown together and we got what we got, but they added in Juliette becoming a Hbeist just to make it interesting, I believe Adalind becoming pregnant with Nick's son because the actress was really pregnant in real life.

I know it's fun to speculate on the show and it is, but I do believe some small details are missed by the writers. Much like the spell that turned Juliette into a Hbeist when Adalind was not a Hbeist at the time. just my thoughts
(06-14-2015, 06:53 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]I think some of this stuff can be chalked up to writing, it might have been a last minute change or at least short notice that Juliette was being killed off. Even though I think her character was designed for that to happen, might have come a bit sooner than expected or hoped. So it was thrown together and we got what we got, but they added in Juliette becoming a Hbeist just to make it interesting, I believe Adalind becoming pregnant with Nick's son because the actress was really pregnant in real life.

I know it's fun to speculate on the show and it is, but I do believe some small details are missed by the writers. Much like the spell that turned Juliette into a Hbeist when Adalind was not a Hbeist at the time. just my thoughts
At the time Adalind had gotten her hexenbeist back she had to use hexenbeist blood to open the book with the recipe. Viktor want her to take Nick's Grimm as a condition of her return to Austria to be with Diana (so she thought). When she got there he lock her up in a special hexenbeist cell.
Ah, thought irukandji or wfmyers said that Adalind didn't have her powers for one of the spells, either the spell Adalind used to become Juliette or the spell Juliette used to become Adalind, I thought it was the first one but as you just mentioned, I do recall ADalind looking for her mom's book, finding it, having trouble opening it until she used her blood to do so.

If she had her powers back when she became Juliette, then she should have still had them when Juliette became Adalind, either way, it would make sense for Juliette to inherit the Hbeist.
(06-15-2015, 07:26 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, thought irukandji or wfmyers said that Adalind didn't have her powers for one of the spells, either the spell Adalind used to become Juliette or the spell Juliette used to become Adalind, I thought it was the first one but as you just mentioned, I do recall ADalind looking for her mom's book, finding it, having trouble opening it until she used her blood to do so.

If she had her powers back when she became Juliette, then she should have still had them when Juliette became Adalind, either way, it would make sense for Juliette to inherit the Hbeist.

I was not the one who said it. Could Juliette could get the hexenbiest spirit from Adalind's hair? Since we saw that Adalind's hexenbiest was an actual spirit, I don't see how it's possible to get that from dead hair, since Adalind was out in Portland somewhere and had her hexenbiest spirit with her.
(06-15-2015, 08:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2015, 07:26 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, thought irukandji or wfmyers said that Adalind didn't have her powers for one of the spells, either the spell Adalind used to become Juliette or the spell Juliette used to become Adalind, I thought it was the first one but as you just mentioned, I do recall ADalind looking for her mom's book, finding it, having trouble opening it until she used her blood to do so.

I was not the one who said it. Could Juliette could get the hexenbiest spirit from Adalind's hair? Since we saw that Adalind's hexenbiest was an actual spirit, I don't see how it's possible to get that from dead hair, since Adalind was out in Portland somewhere and had her hexenbiest spirit with her.
I said the hair as a possibly (CSI and the potion Adalind use being in the hair), others have disagreed I can see their points also. I never have thought of the hexenbeist as spirit I have thought of it a the same as any other wesen a alter ego. Grimm to me is not a supernatural series more a fantasy, but an interesting thought on spirit does make one think.
(06-15-2015, 09:01 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2015, 08:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]

I said the hair as a possibly (CSI and the potion Adalind use being in the hair), others have disagreed I can see their points also. I never have thought of the hexenbeist as spirit I have thought of it a the same as any other wesen a alter ego. Grimm to me is not a supernatural series more a fantasy, but an interesting thought on spirit does make one think.

We all think of it differently. I just understand that if it left Adalind, she becomes human.
I think of a hexenbeist as a demon spirit, as close to being possessed as one can possibly be, though being born with it, you can learn to control it and any urges to do bad things, just look at Elizabeth and Henrietta, they both seemed to have good control over their Hbeists, though we don't know any backstory on them, so, it's certainly a good bet that they might have done bad things.

Also, I agree with you irukandji, Hexenbeists are the only Wessen types I've seen that can lose their power and become normal humans, though they still possess knowledge of spells, potions and can still use them. The only other being that can lose their power is a Grimm.
It's a weird plot twist that hexenbiests can lose their power so easily, isn't it? Well, I shouldn't say easily because I don't think it is that easy, but still, we've seen it happen a couple of times. I would think that it would be an integral part of them, like their DNA.

This has nothing to do with spells and potions but thought I would ask it here anyway. Do you think hexenbiests can fall in love? The reason I ask is the hexenbiests I've seen seem to take a sociopathic attitude, almost like they're not capable of love.
(06-17-2015, 06:06 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]It's a weird plot twist that hexenbiests can lose their power so easily, isn't it? Well, I shouldn't say easily because I don't think it is that easy, but still, we've seen it happen a couple of times. I would think that it would be an integral part of them, like their DNA.

This has nothing to do with spells and potions but thought I would ask it here anyway. Do you think hexenbiests can fall in love? The reason I ask is the hexenbiests I've seen seem to take a sociopathic attitude, almost like they're not capable of love.

In the show the only wesen that lost the power was hexenbiest. But if I remember correctly when Adelaide lost her powers first with Nick blood, Rosale told Nick that the blood of Grimm can kill the wesen part of anyone. So, apparently any wesen can have their wesen part killed by grimm blood. But the writers didn't explore this.
Was watching the episode where they ended the connection between Renard and Juliette. An noted something I had missed they use Nick's blood in that potion. If a Grimm's blood can kill the hexenbiest could the potion they used to change Juliette into Adalind (Elizabeth didn't know that a Grimm's blood was in play in both cases) caused Juliette to became a hexenbiest?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33