Grimm Forum

Full Version: Magic Spells and Potions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(06-11-2015, 05:30 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2015, 05:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2015, 06:29 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]As to Adalind only "thinking" the potion would work, two reasons, one I don't believe Adalind is the most accomplished Hbeist or witch, I think she still had a lot to learn from her mother but Kelly cut that short. lol Two, I doubt very many Hbeists would have experience with such a potion, after all, it wouldn't be their first choice to test it out.

I was researching the Grimm wiki tonight about potions and spells. Oddly enough, there isn't a lot there, other than the Zaubertrank recipe book, which is the book Adalind used to concoct her transformation to Juliette spell. If I remember correctly (and please let me know if I'm wrong), Adalind had to search through her mother's things for the book and I think she had to look for the hat as well. So I'm wondering if a hexenbiest has to be taught to perform these spells and portions, or if they can simply go to the recipe book and cook up what they need. Thoughts?

Just to think. Adelaind made the potion that made Juliette sleep and forget all about Nick when she waked up. When she made this potion she was with out her powers because Nick had killed the hexenbiest in her. I don't know if all potions, but certainly there are potions that you need just the recipe.

And must exist other potions that only a hexenbiest is able to perform....
Good points we know the potion that made Hank fall in love with her she used her blood that blood (I think) had to be hexenbeist.

The potion to put Juliette in the coma she had no power so that potion didn't need the hex power Rosalee could have made it.

The one to take Nick's Grimm that one I could go 50% 50% did she need to be a hex to make it or just to open the book? What is your thoughts? The hat may have more to do with it than the hex power.

The one where she got her powers back you needed parts of dead hex like the one needed to shut down her powers, and in both cases a non hexenbeist made the potions. The one Rosalee made needed the hat again. Question on that potion is why she did this when she went to so much trouble to get her powers back and does she know it has no lasting effects. Wanted Juliette to take it so when her powers came back she be able to take out Juliette?

Does this add to your ideas?
Actually, the only potion I know that RosaLee made was the suppression potion and that was liquid in a drinking glass, more or less, you just had to drink it. (I know RosaLee made other things but not related to a Hexxenbeist), it was Elizabeth that made the potion to reverse the effects of Adalind's potion that took Nick's powers, not RosaLee. The hat was used for Elizabeth's potion but not for RosaLee's suppression potion. Adalind took a sip out of the glass that contained the potion and it put her Hexxenbeist to sleep, which I agree, I think one sip would only be temporary loss of powers, she'll regain them in time. However, I also believe if she had drank the entire glass, her Hbeist would have been killed or at least put to sleep for a very long time.

I don't believe you have to be Hveist to do a lot of potions, maybe even some of the ones in Adalind's book, but there are some that does require a Hexxenbeit's personal touch. I also think it may make the potion a bit stronger if you are a Hbeist, even those potions you can make without being one.
(06-12-2015, 07:33 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the only potion I know that RosaLee made was the suppression potion and that was liquid in a drinking glass, more or less, you just had to drink it. (I know RosaLee made other things but not related to a Hexxenbeist), it was Elizabeth that made the potion to reverse the effects of Adalind's potion that took Nick's powers, not RosaLee. The hat was used for Elizabeth's potion but not for RosaLee's suppression potion. Adalind took a sip out of the glass that contained the potion and it put her Hexxenbeist to sleep, which I agree, I think one sip would only be temporary loss of powers, she'll regain them in time. However, I also believe if she had drank the entire glass, her Hbeist would have been killed or at least put to sleep for a very long time.

I don't believe you have to be Hveist to do a lot of potions, maybe even some of the ones in Adalind's book, but there are some that does require a Hexxenbeit's personal touch. I also think it may make the potion a bit stronger if you are a Hbeist, even those potions you can make without being one.
All good points. my ideas on Rosalee was she had the skill to make some of the potions without being a hexenbeist. She did make the potion that Nick took to end Sean and Juliette problem. I was questioning if any of them had to be made by a hexenbeist. You and I have agreed in other posts that Adalind suppression is short term. On this one I hope we're wrong. Thanks
Did Rosalee use the recipe book to make the suppression potion? Dumb question I know, but I can't recall.
(06-12-2015, 08:43 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]All good points. my ideas on Rosalee was she had the skill to make some of the potions without being a hexenbeist. She did make the potion that Nick took to end Sean and Juliette problem. I was questioning if any of them had to be made by a hexenbeist. You and I have agreed in other posts that Adalind suppression is short term. On this one I hope we're wrong. Thanks

We must keep in mind that Rosalee is the owner of the Spice Shop where she sells all sorts of herbs and and ingredients used for a lot of things, including the hexabiests recipes. Some times, she was asked for advise about the ingredients. If my memories serves me well, Renard himself asked Rosalees advise in some recipe to help him in seasson 2 with the "passion for Juliette" plot.

I am pointing this out just to reinforce that many of the potions can be done by anyone who knows whawt ingredients to use.

(06-12-2015, 07:33 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]I also think it may make the potion a bit stronger if you are a Hbeist, even those potions you can make without being one.

Wessenrein, I believe you have a point here. I think that potions made by a Hbeist are stronger. So, in some recipes been a Hbeist can be some kind of ingredient becuase of the efect you want/need to get. For exemple the potion to get Nick's grimm power out. And the potion to give Nick's power back becuase it was to reverse the efects of the first potion.
(06-12-2015, 09:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Did Rosalee use the recipe book to make the suppression potion? Dumb question I know, but I can't recall.
Don't think so she said it was a recipe her mother had planned to use but didn't no details. I was taught and believe the only dumb question is the unasked question.
Personally, I hope the suppression doesn't last on Adalind, she's a much better bad girl Hbeist and I just can't picture her turning to the good side, in fact, I think it will be teased in season 5 that she's gone good, her and Nick will be close to a relationship but Adalind's powers will awake and she will revert back to the bad girl, she always has her own agenda.

When I read your question, irukandji, I almost thought that she did use the book but then I read jsgrimm's reply and he's right, Adalind did that potion from memory, I'm almost thinking she even said that potion was not in the book but I could be wrong about that?
A couple of things that I wanted to bring up. When Adalind transforms herself into Juliette, what part of her is Juliette and what part of her is Adalind? She needed hair from Juliette in order to create Juliette. So from what I can gather, the physical part, body and organs, are Juliette. The soul and spirit are Adalind. I'm using this scenario, because when Juliette transforms into Adalind, she says, "I'm still Juliette".

So once the spell wore off, Adalind would have returned to her former physical form. Later on she tells Nick she's pregnant with his son. How can that be? The pregnancy occurred while she was an entirely different person. Wouldn't the pregnancy be non-existent once she returned to her former self?
I'm gonna have to go the opposite on that and say that the potion Adalind used to transform into Juliette is only surface deep, meaning, she only looks like Juliette on the outside, inside she's still Adalind, don't see any reason the organs or anything internal would need to transform, besides, if that were the case, wouldn't it have been Juliette pregnant once the potion wore off?

I still agree with you about the potion reversal, when Juliette became Adalind, under normal circumstances Juliette becoming a Hbeist could be explained, however, at that particular time, Adalind was not a Hbeist, had not gotten her powers back, so it makes no sense that Juliette became a Hbeist.
(06-13-2015, 04:53 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna have to go the opposite on that and say that the potion Adalind used to transform into Juliette is only surface deep, meaning, she only looks like Juliette on the outside, inside she's still Adalind, don't see any reason the organs or anything internal would need to transform, besides, if that were the case, wouldn't it have been Juliette pregnant once the potion wore off?

The way I am interpreting it, is that for that one moment in time, there were actually two Juliettes in Portland. The real Juliette was not at home, but off somewhere. Adalind, under the guise of Juliette was at the house, seducing Nick. So the real Juliette would not have gotten pregnant because she was not with Nick at the time. Adalind, under the guise of Juliette would have gotten pregnant.

I, too, thought that the spell was only skin deep. But Juliette is taller than Adalind. If the spell was only surface deep, Juliette would have only have been as tall as Adalind because only the surface had changed, not the skeleton or her internal organs. Nick would have been instantly suspicious had that been the case.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33