Grimm Forum

Full Version: Magic Spells and Potions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(03-31-2016, 07:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2016, 04:55 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Reading the interviews it seems the contract will not be an issue. I think it will be a concluded reason for why Adalind's plains involving Diana never work. A TVline article reported Diana will be powerful and important. Sean will use her to get Adalind to betray Nick. I see Adalind actions being hated for what she does to Nick. But excused because she is doing it for her child. Nick will seem unreasonable. He and Eve will see they are using Adalind. She won't care she only wants her daughter.

It's really too bad they didn't focus more on the contract, though. It would have been interesting to know what the consequences were to Adalind if she didn't stick to it. But then, it also would have been nice to know what the contract said in the first place.
It was always a what if. I figured the contract wasn't going to play any role but I did see it as a good writers ploy if they wanted to use it. They could have used it in several ways.
Tonight's episode where Eve transformed into Renard is by far my favorite magical special effect on Grimm. I thought it would be fun to discuss this particular episode since this is a complete departure from the Adalind/Juliette/Juliette/Adalind transformation.

The first thing I was thinking about is that there has to be another hexenbiest on staff at HW and this hexenbiest trained Eve. I know Henrietta said Juliette was going to be this fantastical hexenbiest, never before seen in the history of hexenbiests, but all that speaks of is Eve's talents. Eve would have to have training in order to use those talents to their fullest potential, but who would have trained her?

Eve also had the hat and the spell book. JS brought up the question of the hat came in another thread. Could it have come from Elizabeth? Or maybe Henrietta?

Then there's the book Eve used. She didn't need to cut herself to open it and it looked newer than the one Elizabeth used. Where would it have come from?

I loved the little cauldron and also the special effects in the potion. I kept waiting for the swirling to create a picture of the identity of the person to be assumed.
A good way to answer a lot of questions. Meisner dropped Diana off with Elizabeth, Elizabeth trained Eve.
(04-01-2016, 10:46 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Then there's the book Eve used. She didn't need to cut herself to open it and it looked newer than the one Elizabeth used. Where would it have come from?
I missed the significance of the book. It was in latin. It could have come from the trailer. Nick never did do an inventory.

We're told we'll see how Juliette got 'reprogrammed'. I'm not holding my breath.
I wouldn't be a bit surprise if Renard's mother is taking care of his daughter. She did say she will find her...my guess she did..and another powerful Hexebiest could do that to Juliette....so I believe Elizabeth is working and caring for HW who else can bring a dead person back to life without a soul......and take care of a very powerful Diana, my thoughts. Elizabeth is preparing her to fight when the time comes
(04-02-2016, 04:04 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't be a bit surprise if Renard's mother is taking care of his daughter. She did say she will find her...my guess she did..and another powerful Hexebiest could do that to Juliette....so I believe Elizabeth is working and caring for HW who else can bring a dead person back to life without a soul......and take care of a very powerful Diana, my thoughts. Elizabeth is preparing her to fight when the time comes

I really hope this is correct. I liked Elizabeth. A lot.
I was reading an older thread about Stefania. There are some really fascinating things in it. One of the theories proposed was that Stefania was buying Diana from Adalind for one of her sons. The thread went on to say that Stefania was a Queen and by having one of her sons marry Diana, they would become a royal family, since there would be royal blood in the family.

It's been discussed that Diana's unusual growth was not attributed to something Adalind herself did. It then had to be something Stefania did. Even though we don't know the specifics of the contract between Stefania and Adalind, I would assume that the contract gave Stefania rights to tamper with the pregnancy and increase Diana's age, going along with the theory that she was planning on marrying Diana to one of her sons.

I am further assuming that Stefania offered Diana to the royal family rather than marrying her into the gypsies. The series seemed to support that the royal family was very interested in Diana and then subsequently exchanged her for the king's death. But Adalind never did get her back.

We don't know the punishment for violating the contract, but it's clear Adalind renigged on her side of the deal. No doubt part of the punishment would be that she wouldn't get Diana no matter what she tried. What I am wondering is if we are seeing the results. In other words, she is never going to get Diana back. Thoughts?
(04-04-2016, 08:00 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was reading an older thread about Stefania. There are some really fascinating things in it. One of the theories proposed was that Stefania was buying Diana from Adalind for one of her sons. The thread went on to say that Stefania was a Queen and by having one of her sons marry Diana, they would become a royal family, since there would be royal blood in the family.

It's been discussed that Diana's unusual growth was not attributed to something Adalind herself did. It then had to be something Stefania did. Even though we don't know the specifics of the contract between Stefania and Adalind, I would assume that the contract gave Stefania rights to tamper with the pregnancy and increase Diana's age, going along with the theory that she was planning on marrying Diana to one of her sons.

I am further assuming that Stefania offered Diana to the royal family rather than marrying her into the gypsies. The series seemed to support that the royal family was very interested in Diana and then subsequently exchanged her for the king's death. But Adalind never did get her back.

We don't know the punishment for violating the contract, but it's clear Adalind renigged on her side of the deal. No doubt part of the punishment would be that she wouldn't get Diana no matter what she tried. What I am wondering is if we are seeing the results. In other words, she is never going to get Diana back. Thoughts?
That would have been a good plot twist on one of her sons, and I could see later thinking this might not be the best idea to cross the royals. I often wondered if the royal family wanted LBB or just the King. My thinking it was driven by the king not the family or families. Now I'll have to do some rethinking about this good question.
Hi JS,
I liked your comment:
Quote:That would have been a good plot twist on one of her sons, and I could see later thinking this might not be the best idea to cross the royals. I often wondered if the royal family wanted LBB or just the King. My thinking it was driven by the king not the family or families. Now I'll have to do some rethinking about this good question.
There is no doubt King Frederick wanted Diana. IMO, his motivation was not love of his granddaughter. He wanted LBB's power to restore power to the Royals. IMO, He shared that vision with Eric, Victor and Kenneth. Victor is still in play and will want to get LBB to join with her Royal heritage.
There is a Grimm Wiki about Viktor Chlodwig zu Schellendorf von Konigsburg:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Viktor_Chlod...Konigsburg
that includes:
Quote:Viktor is nonchalant and cold-hearted, showing no qualms about shooting Sebastien after Sebastien ran out of ammo killing Verrat. He has no tolerance for failure, as demonstrated when he told Danilov that his services were no longer needed after his Verrat agents allowed Adalind and Diana to get out of the country, and he sat by calmly as Danilov was mauled and killed by two Hundjägers.

He wanted to get hold of Diana by all means necessary and told Rispoli to do whatever he had to, including killing people, to get her back.
He may see gaining LBB as a way to avenge the murder of King Frederick and to gain the crown for himself.
New Guy
(04-04-2016, 08:46 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]That would have been a good plot twist on one of her sons, and I could see later thinking this might not be the best idea to cross the royals. I often wondered if the royal family wanted LBB or just the King. My thinking it was driven by the king not the family or families. Now I'll have to do some rethinking about this good question.

It could still happen. Just because Viktor traded Diana to the resistance doesn't mean the contract is no longer in effect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33