Grimm Forum

Full Version: Magic Spells and Potions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quote:Hi Irukandji,
You commented:
Are you referring to length of time Nick endured Juliette's loss of memory? Are you referring to her infatuation with Renard and her make out session in the spice shop? Or are you referring to her spurning his proposal? Most men would have dumped that bitch. Yep.
So to top it off she woges into her visage that matches her personality and expects Nick to kiss her. The stupid bitch has no lips to kiss.
New Guy

Hello New Guy:
I think in your own way you agree with me. Juliette never should have taken the potion in order for Nick to get his Grimm powers back.
(01-26-2016, 05:42 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]So to top it off she woges into her visage that matches her personality and expects Nick to kiss her. The stupid bitch has no lips to kiss.
[Image: juliette-silverton-bitsie-tulloch-and-ni....png?w=600]

To be fair, there are ways of getting around that. Nick could have just rubbed his lips over Juliette's bare teeth.

...okay, maybe it's unhealthy to dwell on this subject too much, but I can't help it. Nick, Juliette, and the entire SHOW would have become so much more awesome in my eyes if Nick had defied expectations and puckered up. It's why I had to commission an artist to draw a "What If?" image for me just to get over my disappointment.

(WARNING: The pic below could warm your heart or gross you out, depending on your point of view.)

[Image: RlUZCt3.jpg]
(01-25-2016, 01:52 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2016, 10:24 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Your point on Frau Pech might know something not known it the "new world" is interesting. She was older and Frau Pech may have known things correct, I'm thinking if Frau Pech knew how to treat Juliette did the hexen part of her know or only the human part. So when Adalind took her hexen spirit did she also take some knowledge or just the spirit which only does the bidding of the human. Something to think about. Point is how much does a hexen spirit know should we think of a hexenbiest being two people or one person with power of the hexen spirit. These wesen have not be explained as well as say Blutbad a blutbad can't be separated from it's body. They are in a different grouping as I see it the only true 2 separate entities or are they?

This is a fascinating question, js! I would think that the hexenbiest spirit is not actually a person per se, or even has the characteristics of a person (i.e. a thinking mind). I do think they can make choices, after all Frau Pech's chose Adalind, so there must be some thought processes that our alien to the human one. For example, I might compare this to a ghost. How does a ghost think? Who knows?

And with that being said, I was thinking about something Adalind said about her own hexenbiest, and that was her concern over its unpredictability.

So what exactly does that mean? Can the human part predict what a spirit will do? I'm thinking in some cases they cannot. Perhaps the hexenbiest spirit can exert enough influence to change the human's intent. I actually think some of what we saw with Juliette could be examples of an unpredictable hexenbiest.

As for whether the hexenbiest provides the cure or the human, that is a really good part of your question. I honestly do not know.
Did some thinking on the your question of unpredictable hexenbiest spirit, and what if any control it might have over the human part of the wesen. Came up with a question and a answer. Could we think of say a tiger we have no idea how or what a tiger might be thinking. In the wild it could be one thing but at a zoo or circus it could be another.

I got to thinking about the Las Vegas act with the white tigers for years this show went on without a problem. Than one of the tigers attacked why? What made it unpredictable in that act when it had be predictable? We can't know so is a hexen spirit like that tiger?

For 99.9% of the time the human is total control but at times the hexen doesn't want to be controlled if so what happens in that .1% what is different can we see this in any episodes?

Or I'm I to far into left field?
(01-27-2016, 09:04 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Did some thinking on the your question of unpredictable hexenbiest spirit, and what if any control it might have over the human part of the wesen. Came up with a question and a answer. Could we think of say a tiger we have no idea how or what a tiger might be thinking. In the wild it could be one thing but at a zoo or circus it could be another.

I got to thinking about the Las Vegas act with the white tigers for years this show went on without a problem. Than one of the tigers attacked why? What made it unpredictable in that act when it had be predictable? We can't know so is a hexen spirit like that tiger?

For 99.9% of the time the human is total control but at times the hexen doesn't want to be controlled if so what happens in that .1% what is different can we see this in any episodes?

Not too far out in left field at all, js. Animal Planet used to have a show on called Fatal Attractions. It was a fascinating look into the weird world of owning exotic pets. According to the show, there are more people than zoos that own tigers in the US. Some states, I believe Ohio is one, allow people to own them legally.

My favorite episodes always involved people that owned reptiles, particularly snakes. These people all had the same outlook; that they had some kind of bond with the snake and if it was poisonous, they were immune to the poison.

I don't have an overwhelming fear of snakes, but I don't go out of my way to pick them up or mess with them. Even nonpoisonous ones can deliver a nasty bite. We have bull snakes here and they are extremely aggressive if they're messed with.

I've never understood the predisposition to own a snake. I think they're interesting animals, but I don't see them as an animal that can relate to a human at all. If I was going to compare a hexenbiest to an animal, I would say it would be a snake.
(01-27-2016, 10:25 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2016, 09:04 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Did some thinking on the your question of unpredictable hexenbiest spirit, and what if any control it might have over the human part of the wesen. Came up with a question and a answer. Could we think of say a tiger we have no idea how or what a tiger might be thinking. In the wild it could be one thing but at a zoo or circus it could be another.

Not too far out in left field at all, js. Animal Planet used to have a show on called Fatal Attractions. It was a fascinating look into the weird world of owning exotic pets. According to the show, there are more people than zoos that own tigers in the US. Some states, I believe Ohio is one, allow people to own them legally.

My favorite episodes always involved people that owned reptiles, particularly snakes. These people all had the same outlook; that they had some kind of bond with the snake and if it was poisonous, they were immune to the poison.

I don't have an overwhelming fear of snakes, but I don't go out of my way to pick them up or mess with them. Even nonpoisonous ones can deliver a nasty bite. We have bull snakes here and they are extremely aggressive if they're messed with.

I've never understood the predisposition to own a snake. I think they're interesting animals, but I don't see them as an animal that can relate to a human at all. If I was going to compare a hexenbiest to an animal, I would say it would be a snake.

@jsgrimm and irukandji. Interesting idea you've got there. I'm going to have to think about it.

By the way. Here in Ohio private citizens may indeed own exotic animals legally. But, there have been some changes made recently. This was due to a guy near Columbus who owned a private menagerie and for some bizarre reason decide to let them loose. Confused

He literally released lions, tigers and bears into the Ohio country side! Then he committed suicide. Go figure! Confused

Here is a link if you want to read about what happened.

www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/19/exotic-animals-on-loose-in-ohio-after-park-owner-found-dead.html

At least they managed to save a few of them. This is one of the reasons I really think owning exotic animals should not be permitted. But the primary reasons are that these animals are not pets and they can prove dangerous! They are not domesticated! I wish these nitwits would leave them in the wild where they belong and get a dog! Angry
Lets not forget Sean kissed Adalind while she was in full woge. So it is possible and not all people find it repulsive.
(01-27-2016, 02:34 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Lets not forget Sean kissed Adalind while she was in full woge. So it is possible and not all people find it repulsive.

Well, I guess I'm narrow minded, but the whole deal did, and still does, smack of necrophilia. Come on people! Who the hell, besides one sick SOB, wants to kiss a rotting corpse?! Huh
(01-27-2016, 03:47 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2016, 02:34 PM)syscrash Wrote: [ -> ]Lets not forget Sean kissed Adalind while she was in full woge. So it is possible and not all people find it repulsive.

Well, I guess I'm narrow minded, but the whole deal did, and still does, smack of necrophilia. Come on people! Who the hell, besides one sick SOB, wants to kiss a rotting corpse?! Huh

You know, this has been a question on my mind since I saw these hexenbiest turn into zombies. When they woge, are they really rotting away, or is that just the way they look?
(01-27-2016, 03:47 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]

Zauberbiest kissing a hexanbiest...
Well, as we used to say back in my military days; "Whatever pulls your trigger pal!"

So far as zauberbeists and hexenbeists are concerned; Hell I guess a female warthog looks down right gorgeous to a male warthog! Forgive me if I don't decide to join in! Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33