Grimm Forum

Full Version: Magic Spells and Potions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(01-22-2016, 01:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2016, 11:05 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]We differ for us normal as I see the blood as enzyme that spit the two killing the hexen side. As I see Adalind mother body being needed because the hexen spirit in it was dead. So you used a dead spirit to suppress a live spirit.

It doesn't make any sense does it? In the case of Catherine, apparently the hexenbiest spirit rested in multiple parts of her body. In the case of Frau Pech, it resided in her heart. In the case of Adalind, it fled her live body because of the Grimm blood. I am assuming that once the spirit leaves the body, it dies?
In Frau Pech Adalind had to cut off the hands, feet, and eyes then bury them in the poppy field the dead poppies were then put back into the body to create a Frau jello which Adalind had to use as a cream. Different parts for a this potion the heart was still beating keeping the hexen spirit alive.

The suppression potion needed the liver, gall bladder, ribs, and tongue, a different set of dead body parts.

Just my 2 cents

(01-23-2016, 06:29 AM)brandon Wrote: [ -> ]the "Hexeniest" would spirits and live in nature.
It would be a theory.
to become a "Hexenbiest" new spirit-is-left Earth .and the gypsy said they should wait to see if they accepted.
I see your point here in a little different way one the spirit when into the earth the other spirit was taken out of the earth. Could be a point there. Dodgy
(01-23-2016, 07:55 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]In Frau Pech Adalind had to cut off the hands, feet, and eyes then bury them in the poppy field the dead poppies were then put back into the body to create a Frau jello which Adalind had to use as a cream. Different parts for a this potion the heart was still beating keeping the hexen spirit alive.

The suppression potion needed the liver, gall bladder, ribs, and tongue, a different set of dead body parts.

Let me pose the question this way because I seem to have made a mess of it.

Without her hexenbiest spirit, would Frau Pech now be considered a human? In other words, her liver, gall bladder, ribs, and tongue could NOT be used for a suppression potion. Thoughts?
(01-23-2016, 09:17 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2016, 07:55 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]In Frau Pech Adalind had to cut off the hands, feet, and eyes then bury them in the poppy field the dead poppies were then put back into the body to create a Frau jello which Adalind had to use as a cream. Different parts for a this potion the heart was still beating keeping the hexen spirit alive.

Without her hexenbiest spirit, would Frau Pech now be considered a human? In other words, her liver, gall bladder, ribs, and tongue could NOT be used for a suppression potion. Thoughts?
That would be how I would see it because the took the live hexen spirit and it is in Adalind. The leftover parts are human and of no use as a suppression potion.
(01-23-2016, 09:45 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be how I would see it because the took the live hexen spirit and it is in Adalind. The leftover parts are human and of no use as a suppression potion.

I do like discussing the hexenbiest spirit with you even though I know we'll continue to disagree.

You mentioned earlier that you thought in the case of Adalind, the Grimm blood was the thing that broke the bond between Adalind and her hexenbiest. That's a very good point and to an extent I agree with you.

What I see differently is that in this bond, the hexenbiest can also make choices. That's what makes this a bond rather than a parasite host relationship. In the case of Adalind, when she bit Nick, the hexenbiest saw that as deadly. Apparently the hexenbiest spirit was so threatened, it would destroy itself outside the body rather than stay within it, even though Adalind was very much alive.

The hexenbiest spirit in the case of Frau Pech also had a choice. It could choose to stay within her heart, go fly off somewhere, or bond with Adalind. It chose Adalind. We also saw the hexenbiest spirit (or spirits) make a choice when Adalind took the suppression potion. They rose up out of the body as if to leave and go fly off to be destroyed. But that lasted for just a moment as both went right back into her body. They apparently sensed a threat, but then used some kind of thought process and convinced themselves this was no threat to them.

In the cases of both Frau Pech and Catherine, the women willingly bonded with their perspective hexenbiests. Because of that bonding, their organs would be useful in making suppression potions. The hexenbiest spirits would have long been destroyed because their partners in life were destroyed.
(01-23-2016, 10:32 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2016, 09:45 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]

I do like discussing the hexenbiest spirit with you even though I know we'll continue to disagree.

You mentioned earlier that you thought in the case of Adalind, the Grimm blood was the thing that broke the bond between Adalind and her hexenbiest. That's a very good point and to an extent I agree with you.

What I see differently is that in this bond, the hexenbiest can also make choices. That's what makes this a bond rather than a parasite host relationship. In the case of Adalind, when she bit Nick, the hexenbiest saw that as deadly. Apparently the hexenbiest spirit was so threatened, it would destroy itself outside the body rather than stay within it, even though Adalind was very much alive.

The hexenbiest spirit in the case of Frau Pech also had a choice. It could choose to stay within her heart, go fly off somewhere, or bond with Adalind. It chose Adalind. We also saw the hexenbiest spirit (or spirits) make a choice when Adalind took the suppression potion. They rose up out of the body as if to leave and go fly off to be destroyed. But that lasted for just a moment as both went right back into her body. They apparently sensed a threat, but then used some kind of thought process and convinced themselves this was no threat to them.

In the cases of both Frau Pech and Catherine, the women willingly bonded with their perspective hexenbiests. Because of that bonding, their organs would be useful in making suppression potions. The hexenbiest spirits would have long been destroyed because their partners in life were destroyed.
Question to think about if bonding a human and hexen spirit is a bond does this bonding take place at birth? Does the hexen spirit have a to chose then? How would you see it?
(01-24-2016, 08:11 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Question to think about if bonding a human and hexen spirit is a bond does this bonding take place at birth? Does the hexen spirit have a to chose then? How would you see it?

If there were two hexenbiest spirits that came out of Adalind when she took the suppression potion, then I would say one of them belonged to Kelly. If that's the case, then the spirit must be something that occurs in the baby before it's born. So bonding would be a natural thing I would think.

Here's another question I've been thinking about. Viktor tells Adalind that she has the blood of a Grimm in her. Why do yout think Frau Pech's hexenbiest spirit be attracted to Adalind then? It seems it would detect the Grimm blood within her and be repelled.
(01-24-2016, 12:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016, 08:11 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]Question to think about if bonding a human and hexen spirit is a bond does this bonding take place at birth? Does the hexen spirit have a to chose then? How would you see it?

If there were two hexenbiest spirits that came out of Adalind when she took the suppression potion, then I would say one of them belonged to Kelly. If that's the case, then the spirit must be something that occurs in the baby before it's born. So bonding would be a natural thing I would think.

Here's another question I've been thinking about. Viktor tells Adalind that she has the blood of a Grimm in her. Why do yout think Frau Pech's hexenbiest spirit be attracted to Adalind then? It seems it would detect the Grimm blood within her and be repelled.
That is really the $64,000 dollar (old tv show) question. Guess we are to believe that the Grimm blood is not a problem taking another hexen spirit, only the first spirit. Like blood types I'm the universal donor but I can only have my blood type, meaning a Grimm's blood is only effective on one hexen at a time. So Nick's blood could have kill Frau Pech hexen if it was still in her body but not going into another body. Meaning I have no idea. Undecided
(01-24-2016, 01:53 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]

That is really the $64,000 dollar (old tv show) question. Guess we are to believe that the Grimm blood is not a problem taking another hexen spirit, only the first spirit. Like blood types I'm the universal donor but I can only have my blood type, meaning a Grimm's blood is only effective on one hexen at a time. So Nick's blood could have kill Frau Pech hexen if it was still in her body but not going into another body. Meaning I have no idea. Undecided

I am just thinking loud here since I am reading this rich debate for a while.

It was being said then Nick couldn't kill Adelaind hexanbiest anymore because Adelaind already had a grimm blood in her. The same was said about Juliette. Nick couldn't make her return to normal because Nick's blood wouldn't work to kill the hexan-spirit in Juliette.

Maybe Frau Pech's hexenbiest spirit sensed the grimm blood in Adelaind and knew Adelaind was imune from grimm blood. This is an advantage ... isn't it?

I think the question is why once "infected" by grimm blood an hexanbiest is imune about this blood? Does grimm blood work as some kind of virus against the hexanbieste spirit?
(01-24-2016, 07:15 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]

It was being said then Nick couldn't kill Adelaind hexanbiest anymore because Adelaind already had a grimm blood in her. The same was said about Juliette. Nick couldn't make her return to normal because Nick's blood wouldn't work to kill the hexan-spirit in Juliette.

Maybe Frau Pech's hexenbiest spirit sensed the grimm blood in Adelaind and knew Adelaind was imune from grimm blood. This is an advantage ... isn't it?

I think the question is why once "infected" by grimm blood an hexanbiest is imune about this blood? Does grimm blood work as some kind of virus against the hexanbieste spirit?

I was wondering if maybe Frau Pech's hexenbiest spirit was either naturally immune to Grimm blood or if Frau Pech developed some kind of potion to protect her own hexenbiest spirit from Grimm blood. She's a woman of the old world and I'm thinking she would have a broader knowledge base than her American counterparts. She might have even had the knowledge to cure Juliette's hexenbiest problem.
(01-24-2016, 07:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2016, 07:15 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]

I was wondering if maybe Frau Pech's hexenbiest spirit was either naturally immune to Grimm blood or if Frau Pech developed some kind of potion to protect her own hexenbiest spirit from Grimm blood. She's a woman of the old world and I'm thinking she would have a broader knowledge base than her American counterparts. She might have even had the knowledge to cure Juliette's hexenbiest problem.
Wouldn't we then have to assume that the hexen spirit has knowledge as two but equal persons living in the same body? If that were the case wouldn't Adalind know what the hexen spirit of Frau Pech knew? This will required so thinking. I agree that once a hexen spirit has been killed by Grimm blood the body is now immune to Grimm blood.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33