Grimm Forum

Full Version: Magic Spells and Potions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(10-05-2015, 04:39 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2015, 03:45 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]Just a correction... When I asked why Elizabeth didn't tell about the side effect, I not trusting her... I am quetioning her interrests... I am distrusting her...

One of my theories is that Elizabeth knew Juliette would became a hexanbeist and let it happend... The main objective would be create a situation to attract Kelly to Portland... somehow putting Nick in danger... This way Elizabeth would be able to take Diana.

Elizabeth did tell them that there might be side effects to the potion. Juliette confirms that to Renard and asks him to get a hold of his mother.

You are right... But Elizabeth said something like: there are side effects, but I don't know what those side effects are.

What I am questioning is that maybe she knew the side effects and planned to use those side effects to bring Kelly and Diana to Portland.

I make about Elizabeth the same question you make about Adelaind: Both of them are hexanbiests... the scoobie simply followed there instructions about the potions they were creating and did they (the scoobie) simply trust them? Why?

(10-05-2015, 04:48 PM)Lin S. Wrote: [ -> ]I will exclude you from that "we" then. It was the Scooby's who were putting to much trust in Elizabeth. They didn't ask to see the fine print in the deal.

And yes I think that Elizabeth is capable of thinking that far ahead with regard to Juliette and Kelly. She put pieces in jeapardy and then let them play out their parts. I think Elizabeth would have easily gotten Diana from King Frederick's hands.

The question is who prevented this from happening?? Who saw this all coming? I think Renard knows his mother too well and is protecting Diana from Elizabeth and Frederick.

I think Meisner is how Diana's sees her father. The perfect daddy who always saves her in time.

Did someone really prevent Elizabeth to get to Diana? I have read some posts in the forum arguing that maybe Meisner was working for Elizabeth in that helicopter. We must wait the begging of next seasson to see.

(10-06-2015, 08:22 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]The blood thing is in the first 4 episodes. Like you I heard twins somewhere must be when Monroe and Rosalee are working on it.

Elizabeth did say the potion to work had be Grimm's blood and Adalind would have to have lost her powers and under gone the what ever. Monroe said yes it was Nick's blood, Elizabeth said she hoped Adalind understands the link it has created between her and Nick guess we may see more of that. Wonder if that link has some effect on the baby?

Will keep watch and try and catch the twin thing also. We have been posting on Grimm blood being a potion from what Elizabeth says looks like we got that right.

What out to much hair.

The grimm blood again. This disccussion started because irukandji posted that Adelaind became Juliette so deep that the transformation went down to her DNA.

If the grimm blood can kill the hexanbiest spirti, does it mean it can change the hexanbiest DNA to change just the hexanbiest part of the DNA?

Maybe all fo those DNA changes are created by the grimm blood. Is it the key?
(10-06-2015, 09:34 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2015, 04:39 PM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2015, 03:45 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]Just a correction... When I asked why Elizabeth didn't tell about the side effect, I not trusting her... I am quetioning her interrests... I am distrusting her...

One of my theories is that Elizabeth knew Juliette would became a hexanbeist and let it happend... The main objective would be create a situation to attract Kelly to Portland... somehow putting Nick in danger... This way Elizabeth would be able to take Diana.

Elizabeth did tell them that there might be side effects to the potion. Juliette confirms that to Renard and asks him to get a hold of his mother.

You are right... But Elizabeth said something like: there are side effects, but I don't know what those side effects are.

What I am questioning is that maybe she knew the side effects and planned to use those side effects to bring Kelly and Diana to Portland.

I make about Elizabeth the same question you make about Adelaind: Both of them are hexanbiests... the scoobie simply followed there instructions about the potions they were creating and did they (the scoobie) simply trust them? Why?

(10-05-2015, 04:48 PM)Lin S. Wrote: [ -> ]I will exclude you from that "we" then. It was the Scooby's who were putting to much trust in Elizabeth. They didn't ask to see the fine print in the deal.

And yes I think that Elizabeth is capable of thinking that far ahead with regard to Juliette and Kelly. She put pieces in jeapardy and then let them play out their parts. I think Elizabeth would have easily gotten Diana from King Frederick's hands.

The question is who prevented this from happening?? Who saw this all coming? I think Renard knows his mother too well and is protecting Diana from Elizabeth and Frederick.

I think Meisner is how Diana's sees her father. The perfect daddy who always saves her in time.

Did someone really prevent Elizabeth to get to Diana? I have read some posts in the forum arguing that maybe Meisner was working for Elizabeth in that helicopter. We must wait the begging of next seasson to see.

(10-06-2015, 08:22 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: [ -> ]The blood thing is in the first 4 episodes. Like you I heard twins somewhere must be when Monroe and Rosalee are working on it.

Elizabeth did say the potion to work had be Grimm's blood and Adalind would have to have lost her powers and under gone the what ever. Monroe said yes it was Nick's blood, Elizabeth said she hoped Adalind understands the link it has created between her and Nick guess we may see more of that. Wonder if that link has some effect on the baby?

Will keep watch and try and catch the twin thing also. We have been posting on Grimm blood being a potion from what Elizabeth says looks like we got that right.

What out to much hair.

The grimm blood again. This disccussion started because irukandji posted that Adelaind became Juliette so deep that the transformation went down to her DNA.

If the grimm blood can kill the hexanbiest spirti, does it mean it can change the hexanbiest DNA to change just the hexanbiest part of the DNA?

'll add a second question could the link with Adalind have caused it? Elizabeth said Adalind created a link in ways she may not even understand. Think Harry Potter and the Dark Lord. Just saying?
(10-06-2015, 09:34 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]The grimm blood again. This disccussion started because irukandji posted that Adelaind became Juliette so deep that the transformation went down to her DNA.

I was thinking about the episode where Nick kisses Adalind (ugh). She bites him and his blood drives the hexenbiest spirit from her. As a result, Adalind is just like the rest of us. That was a cool storyline, but it raises a lot of questions in my mind.

According to what we see, once Nick's blood touches Adalind, this wisp of hexenbiest smoke leaves her and she is human. I'm not a scientist by any means, but where is this wisp of smoke residing that this little bit of blood causes an immediate reaction? Just from a logical perspective, one would expect that she would naturally swallow the blood, it would make it's way through her digestive system and maybe a small bit of it would end up in her bloodstream. That's assuming her gastric system didn't break it all down, and sent it the way of other useless materials her body couldn't benefit from.

Once it got into her bloodstream, I could see a reaction, if there was enough there to react to. But that still raises the question. Just what is this little wisp of smoke and why would it react to some blood in her mouth?
Hello Forum:

This discussion has moved into the area of “Genetic Alteration.” Per Wikipedia “Grimm is an American police procedural fantasy television drama series. It debuted in the U.S. on NBC on October 28, 2011. The show has been described as "a cop drama—with a twist... a dark and fantastical project about a world in which characters inspired by Grimms' Fairy Tales exist", although the stories and characters inspiring the show are also drawn from other sources.”

Since Grimm blends real world of (primarily) Portland with fantasy world of Grimm’s Fairytales the TV series is genetically altered. Some of the Grimm Fairytale genes have been introduced into real world characters.

The University of Nebraska provides a brief description of real world genetic engineering:
http://agbiosafety.unl.edu/basic_genetics.shtml
For Grimm purposes, the real world version of genetic alteration would not produce the viewership that the fantasy version produces. So when Nick kissed Adalind, she bit him and swallowed some Grimm blood. That blue wispy spirit thing leaves her and she is no longer a Hexenbiest. So perhaps the blue wispy spirit was the Hexenbiest genetic code leaving her.

The process Adalind endured in Austria to regain her Hexenbiest powers was rather gross. The mutilation of Frau Pech’s corpse was particularly graphic. Why such an ordeal to undo what seemed relatively simple? It seems that the burial of Frau Pech’s hands, feet, eyeballs and beating heart in the poppy field worked and Adalind regained Hexenbiest. Were those green wispy spirit hands the Hexenbiest genetic code returning?

Why was it so simple for Juliette to be genetically altered into a Hexenbiest? Where was the wispy spirit thing? Maybe the writers left that scene out?

New Guy
(10-13-2015, 07:46 AM)New Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Forum:

This discussion has moved into the area of “Genetic Alteration.” Per Wikipedia “Grimm is an American police procedural fantasy television drama series. It debuted in the U.S. on NBC on October 28, 2011. The show has been described as "a cop drama—with a twist... a dark and fantastical project about a world in which characters inspired by Grimms' Fairy Tales exist", although the stories and characters inspiring the show are also drawn from other sources.”

Since Grimm blends real world of (primarily) Portland with fantasy world of Grimm’s Fairytales the TV series is genetically altered. Some of the Grimm Fairytale genes have been introduced into real world characters.

The University of Nebraska provides a brief description of real world genetic engineering:
For Grimm purposes, the real world version of genetic alteration would not produce the viewership that the fantasy version produces. So when Nick kissed Adalind, she bit him and swallowed some Grimm blood. That blue wispy spirit thing leaves her and she is no longer a Hexenbiest. So perhaps the blue wispy spirit was the Hexenbiest genetic code leaving her.

The process Adalind endured in Austria to regain her Hexenbiest powers was rather gross. The mutilation of Frau Pech’s corpse was particularly graphic. Why such an ordeal to undo what seemed relatively simple? It seems that the burial of Frau Pech’s hands, feet, eyeballs and beating heart in the poppy field worked and Adalind regained Hexenbiest. Were those green wispy spirit hands the Hexenbiest genetic code returning?

Why was it so simple for Juliette to be genetically altered into a Hexenbiest? Where was the wispy spirit thing? Maybe the writers left that scene out?

New Guy
Both things may be related to Grimm blood. When Nick ask Henrietta about his blood curing Juliette she said no because his blood was in Adalind. I think the hat and the Grimm blood is what cause the hexen, likely somewhere in Juliette family was a hexen unknown to Juliette. So the hexen gene was there waiting to become active the two (hat blood) did the trick. But it's only my 2 cents.

New Guy
The reason losing Hexenbiest and regaining Hexenbiest were different is because they were magic. Losing was easy because they were in a simple fight. Getting it back was hard because she had to struggle since the prize was go great. The parents accidently offend the witch, the child to banished to the dragon's lair, to release her the knight has to fight the dragon to the death. No great pain, no great gain. A good lesson for the kids being told the story.
(10-14-2015, 08:53 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]

New Guy
The reason losing Hexenbiest and regaining Hexenbiest were different is because they were magic. Losing was easy because they were in a simple fight. Getting it back was hard because she had to struggle since the prize was go great. The parents accidently offend the witch, the child to banished to the dragon's lair, to release her the knight has to fight the dragon to the death. No great pain, no great gain. A good lesson for the kids being told the story.

In your story the funny part is that it works for the end of the season 4 with Juliette being the Dragon, the Knight being Nick and the Child being Diana.
(10-14-2015, 08:53 AM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]

New Guy

I watched the mini series, Merline a few weeks ago. At the end of the story, Merlin meets up with Nimueh, his true love. They are both old, but Merlin states he has one more spell left, and turns them both young again. At that point he says, 'there's no more magic left'.

What is magic? Is it an illusion, like the tricks the magicians use today? Is it the wispy smoke that leaves Adalind after Nick robs her of her powers? Can it change the DNA of a person, as in Juliette's case?
I will try to mix grimm and religion to talk about magic. But I am not talking about a specific religion since my focus is not to debate if God exists or not or things like that.
As far as I know all religious or most of them are based in the idea that the human being is not only a material being, but that we have a spiritual dimension and that this dimension is connected to a superior being. Many call this superior being as God... Others call it as an energy or something... My point is that religion say human being has a spiritual dimension and because of that dimension we can alter nature using our spiritual dimension.

As many fairly tales came from middle ages where church was strong, I think the magic in those stories came from this dimension. The church, for example... Used to say witch's (in grimm, the hexanbiests) used to connect with devil to develop their powers. That is way the witch's were burned in middle ages.

I want to say that using middle ages ideas, magic is a spiritual connection between hexanbiest and some spiritual energy that allow them to alter nature.

When Nick blood "killed" hexanbiest side in Adelaind it just broke the connection. Maybe It doesn't mean that Adelaind DNA was changed.... The same way when Nick lost his grimm powers. Apparently his DNA was still the same, but his eyes were some kind of sick.

How can we explain spiritual dimension using DNA? I have no idea. Maybe some mind power...

Well, I am just writing ideas. Maybe it can help someone to develop a better theory.
Magic is real. It is not slight of hand, not smoke and mirrors, not something that can be explained by science. When people told the original Grimm/fairy tales, they knew witches were real and had real power outside of the natural world, that things existed which could only be explained by magic. Elizabeth bringing her son back from the dead using a two headed snake. Being able to change from a wolf/fox/bird/another human using spells and potions. When a child believes in Santa Claus he believes in magic, flying around the world in one night with presents for all good children. I know that I have written how Wessen could have evolved by a genetic mistake but where is the magic in that? Without magic Grimm is no longer the fantasy show that I love and hope to see on the air for another 5 years. It may get dark, but read some of the original Grimm tales, not the Disney versions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33