Grimm Forum

Full Version: Magic Spells and Potions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I was going to put this in the Elizabeth thread, but it fits better here.

When Nick visits Henrietta, she tells him that Juliette's condition is permanent. Nick disagrees and says he can save Juliette with his blood. Henrietta tells him that his blood is in Adalind and because of *what Adalind did to Juliette*, the blood of a Grimm can't save her now.

The only thing I can think of is that Adalind put some kind of failsafe into the potion because she figured the scooby gang would break Nick's spell. She does seem to confirm this in a way. When Renard tells her later that Juliette is a hexenbiest. Adalind replies that if that's true, it means someone helped Nick become a Grimm again.

But I'm not so sure Adalind is entirely to blame for this. She knew becoming a hexenbiest was an effect. However, she goes to Henrietta and demands to know how Juliette became so good so fast.

What did Adalind do to Juliette? Why is Juliette more powerful than Adalind thought? I know there aren't answers to these questions, but I thought they would be fun to ask.
(10-05-2015, 06:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to put this in the Elizabeth thread, but it fits better here.

When Nick visits Henrietta, she tells him that Juliette's condition is permanent. Nick disagrees and says he can save Juliette with his blood. Henrietta tells him that his blood is in Adalind and because of *what Adalind did to Juliette*, the blood of a Grimm can't save her now.

The only thing I can think of is that Adalind put some kind of failsafe into the potion because she figured the scooby gang would break Nick's spell. She does seem to confirm this in a way. When Renard tells her later that Juliette is a hexenbiest. Adalind replies that if that's true, it means someone helped Nick become a Grimm again.

But I'm not so sure Adalind is entirely to blame for this. She knew becoming a hexenbiest was an effect. However, she goes to Henrietta and demands to know how Juliette became so good so fast.

What did Adalind do to Juliette? Why is Juliette more powerful than Adalind thought? I know there aren't answers to these questions, but I thought they would be fun to ask.
It keeps coming back to a Grimm's blood. Grimm's blood is in Adalind to get her powers back she did the what ever (I know just can't spell it Big Grin). Juliette also took some of Nick's blood to break the Sean and her thing.

Something Elizabeth didn't know or if she did we don't know it. Grimm's blood is a potion in and of itself. This may or may not be the reason Juliette is so powerful. As you say question not answers
(10-05-2015, 06:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to put this in the Elizabeth thread, but it fits better here.

I don't think it was a conscious effort on the part of Adalind. I don't believe she knew it would turn Juliette into a Hexenbeast because of her reaction To Juliette kicking her behind when she went to Nick's house to confront them.
(10-05-2015, 06:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind replies that if that's true, it means someone helped Nick become a Grimm again.

I think this sentence is a important one. I am understanding that Adelaind is afirming with all letters that for Nick recover his powers back, Juliette had to became hexanbiest.

The question is: Why?

Did Adelaind make the potion this way?

Does it have do to with Nick's blood?

Is it part of the spell?

I will bet my two cents in the last one (just because the consequencies of that is fun... Big Grin)): the original spell when created centuries ago was created in a way that the reverse process would create a new hexanbiest. If I not wrong, this spell was called "twins something" (Elizabeth told this - Could someone with the DVDs please confirm this?).

Meybe the twin thing means connecting a grimm with a hexanbiest and this is the origin of Juliette tranformation.

Now the consequence (if this is correct). Elizabeth aperently knew a lot about this magic. She was able to revert it. There is no way she didn't know the consequence over Juliette (if this is included in the original spell).

Now the question: Why didn't Elizabeth tell this to them?
(10-05-2015, 10:53 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2015, 06:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: [ -> ]Adalind replies that if that's true, it means someone helped Nick become a Grimm again.

I think this sentence is a important one. I am understanding that Adelaind is afirming with all letters that for Nick recover his powers back, Juliette had to became hexanbiest.

Is it part of the spell?

I will bet my two cents in the last one (just because the consequencies of that is fun... Big Grin)): the original spell when created centuries ago was created in a way that the reverse process would create a new hexanbiest. If I not wrong, this spell was called "twins something" (Elizabeth told this - Could someone with the DVDs please confirm this?).

Meybe the twin thing means connecting a grimm with a hexanbiest and this is the origin of Juliette tranformation.

Now the consequence (if this is correct). Elizabeth aperently knew a lot about this magic. She was able to revert it. There is no way she didn't know the consequence over Juliette (if this is included in the original spell).

Let me come at this from the other direction. What if Nick becoming a Grimm would mean that he could see everyone's inner nature including Juliette. That regaining Grimm powers means Nick can now see Juliette as a hexenbiest which has always been there but never had a reason to come out until she had these hormonal changes when she thought she was pregnant. (Believe me pregnancy can make your bitch come out.)

Aunt Marie had implied that since Nick was becoming a Grimm now he "can never see Juliette again". Meaning love is blind. He was looking at Juliette through love's eyes before, but now that he is a Grimm he can see her dark side. And that with time not only "could" Nick see her inner nature but he "would" have to see it. Grimm isn't something you can turn off and on, or use selectively.

What Nick has lost is his "fantasy" vision of his gf. "Juliette" was a metaphor, a pet name they gave each other when they first fell in love. What Nick sees now in his gf's place is a former bitch with suppressed hexenbiest powers (which used to mean she can make herself irrestible to men) which means a pregnant "fat" Adalind.

Why didn't Elizabeth tell Nick of this side effect? Maybe Elizabeth doesn't think losing Juliette is a bad thing for Nick. She is not a Scooby, Nick and Juliette's friend. She is the mother of his chief rival for Juliette's affection and control of the Portland Grimm/Wesen world. Elizabeth's interest may parallel at times, but not exactly match Nick's interests. We are putting too much trust in Elizabeth.
(10-05-2015, 02:15 PM)Lin S. Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it part of the spell?

Let me come at this from the other direction. What if Nick becoming a Grimm would mean that he could see everyone's inner nature including Juliette. That regaining Grimm powers means Nick can now see Juliette as a hexenbiest which has always been there but never had a reason to come out until she had these hormonal changes when she thought she was pregnant. (Believe me pregnancy can make your bitch come out.)

Aunt Marie had implied that since Nick was becoming a Grimm now he "can never see Juliette again". Meaning love is blind. He was looking at Juliette through love's eyes before, but now that he is a Grimm he can see her dark side. And that with time not only "could" Nick see her inner nature but he "would" have to see it. Grimm isn't something you can turn off and on, or use selectively.

What Nick has lost is his "fantasy" vision of his gf. "Juliette" was a metaphor, a pet name they gave each other when they first fell in love. What Nick sees now in his gf's place is a former bitch with suppressed hexenbiest powers (which used to mean she can make herself irrestible to men) which means a pregnant "fat" Adalind.

Why didn't Elizabeth tell Nick of this side effect? Maybe Elizabeth doesn't think losing Juliette is a bad thing for Nick. She is not a Scooby, Nick and Juliette's friend. She is the mother of his chief rival for Juliette's affection and control of the Portland Grimm/Wesen world. Elizabeth's interest may parallel at times, but not exactly match Nick's interests. We are putting too much trust in Elizabeth.

I liked your post.

Just a correction... When I asked why Elizabeth didn't tell about the side effect, I not trusting her... I am quetioning her interrests... I am distrusting her...

One of my theories is that Elizabeth knew Juliette would became a hexanbeist and let it happend... The main objective would be create a situation to attract Kelly to Portland... somehow putting Nick in danger... This way Elizabeth would be able to take Diana.
(10-05-2015, 03:45 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]Just a correction... When I asked why Elizabeth didn't tell about the side effect, I not trusting her... I am quetioning her interrests... I am distrusting her...

One of my theories is that Elizabeth knew Juliette would became a hexanbeist and let it happend... The main objective would be create a situation to attract Kelly to Portland... somehow putting Nick in danger... This way Elizabeth would be able to take Diana.

Elizabeth did tell them that there might be side effects to the potion. Juliette confirms that to Renard and asks him to get a hold of his mother.
(10-05-2015, 03:45 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2015, 02:15 PM)Lin S. Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it part of the spell?

I liked your post.

Just a correction... When I asked why Elizabeth didn't tell about the side effect, I not trusting her... I am quetioning her interrests... I am distrusting her...

I will exclude you from that "we" then. It was the Scooby's who were putting to much trust in Elizabeth. They didn't ask to see the fine print in the deal.

And yes I think that Elizabeth is capable of thinking that far ahead with regard to Juliette and Kelly. She put pieces in jeapardy and then let them play out their parts. I think Elizabeth would have easily gotten Diana from King Frederick's hands.

The question is who prevented this from happening?? Who saw this all coming? I think Renard knows his mother too well and is protecting Diana from Elizabeth and Frederick.

I think Meisner is how Diana's sees her father. The perfect daddy who always saves her in time.
I really hope the accelerated growth thing really takes root and Meisner and Diana are on the back burner for a while.

I honestly think the best villain for the show would be the resistance itself because they are so wholly focused on their objectives and a great plot development is that a now super-powered and resistance mentality imbued Diana is somehow put at odds with the Portland Crew.

Is it part of the spell?

The blood thing is in the first 4 episodes. Like you I heard twins somewhere must be when Monroe and Rosalee are working on it.

Elizabeth did say the potion to work had be Grimm's blood and Adalind would have to have lost her powers and under gone the what ever. Monroe said yes it was Nick's blood, Elizabeth said she hoped Adalind understands the link it has created between her and Nick guess we may see more of that. Wonder if that link has some effect on the baby?

Will keep watch and try and catch the twin thing also. We have been posting on Grimm blood being a potion from what Elizabeth says looks like we got that right.

What out to much hair.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33