Grimm Forum

Full Version: Join us for Season One Rewatch of Grimm through the Summer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Join us at Grimm Forum as we Rewatch Season One of Grimm through the summer!

Starting this Friday, May 31st, 2013, the Grimm Forum community will be rewatching two episodes from Season One every Friday.

This means we will be starting this friday with episodes 1x01 and 1x02

We're excited to be throwing this event, and we hope you join us as we rewatch and discuss the first season in-depth.

Tentative Schedule - Click Here for Calendar
May 31: 1x01 and 1x02
June 7: 1x03 and 1x04
June 14: 1x05 and 1x06
June 21: 1x07 and 1x08
June 28: 1x09 and 1x10
July 5: Holiday / Break
July 12: 1x11 and 1x12
July 19: 1x13 and 1x14
July 26: 1x15 and 1x16
July 2: 1x17 and 1x18
Aug 9: 1x19 and 1x20
Aug 16: 1x21 and 1x22

Where to Watch
  1. From Amazon - Your purchases will support Grimm Forum
    • On DVD - Purchase the Season 1 DVD Boxset at Amazon for $24.95
    • On Blu-ray - Purchase the Season 1 Blu-ray Boxsest at Amazon for $30.49
    • Amazon Prime - Subscribe to Amazon Prime for $79.99 a year to stream Season 1 episodes for Free (30-day Trial Available)
    • Instant Video - Purchase Single Episodes for $1.99 or $2.99 for HD. Full Season available for $24.99 or $29.99 for HD.

2. iTunes - $29.99 for Season 1, $1.99 SD / $2.99 HD per episode
  3. Public Library - Contact your local public library to reserve a copy of Season 1 DVDs - Cost Varies
  4. Video Rental Store - Contact your local video rental store - They may be selling used copies at a discount
Add Schedule to iCal or Google Calendar

For iCal, Download and Open this file: https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/gri.../basic.ics

For Google Calendar, Go to this page to subscribe with your google account: https://www.google.com/calendar/render?c...0gmail.com
I'll definitely be re-watching. :)

It's been a while since I've watched the first season, so it'll be like seeing it with fresh eyes in a way. Plus it'll help with the lack of Grimm that usually occurs in the summer.
Hey, fellow Grimmsters! The Grimm Season Re-watch starts in less than a week. It will give us all something to do while we wait till the fall when the show starts up again.

NBC doesn't stream old shows so you have to make up your mind how you want to do it. You have quite a few choices. One of them is you can buy the DVD. At Amazon it's $30. Buying the DVD is not only a good way for you to watch it, but next year you can give it to one of your friends and get them hooked on the show, too.

Another option is to get it at iTunes. It's $30 a season or $4 an episode. At Amazon you can also get it streaming to your computer for $4 an episode. Or, you can join Amazon Prime for $99/year and get all the episodes plus free shipping on your amazon orders.

You might also check your public library. My library has 10 copies scattered throughout the county. For 75¢ i have put a hold on one and I hope to have it in time for for the re-watch.

You might also check the neighborhood video rental store. Sometimes they will have used copies. Although, i just checked with mine and they want $32 for it.

if you're having trouble send me a PM and I'll help you navigate it.

And remember, when in Portland,
Don't go jogging in the woods with a red hoodie.
Don't cut across the park to visit Grandma.
and don't stop to pick up any porcelain figurines.
(05-24-2013, 11:40 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, fellow Grimmsters! The Grimm Season Re-watch starts in less than a week. It will give us all something to do while we wait till the fall when the show starts up again.

NBC doesn't stream old shows so you have to make up your mind how you want to do it. You have quite a few choices. One of them is you can buy the DVD. At Amazon it's $30. Buying the DVD is not only a good way for you to watch it, but next year you can give it to one of your friends and get them hooked on the show, too.

Another option is to get it at iTunes. It's $30 a season or $4 an episode. At Amazon you can also get it streaming to your computer for $4 an episode. Or, you can join Amazon Prime for $99/year and get all the episodes plus free shipping on your amazon orders.

You might also check your public library. My library has 10 copies scattered throughout the county. For 75¢ i have put a hold on one and I hope to have it in time for for the re-watch.

You might also check the neighborhood video rental store. Sometimes they will have used copies. Although, i just checked with mine and they want $32 for it.

if you're having trouble send me a PM and I'll help you navigate it.

And remember, when in Portland,
Don't go jogging in the woods with a red hoodie.
Don't cut across the park to visit Grandma.
and don't stop to pick up any porcelain figurines.

Will be joining you guys for re-watch Smile
@aguraakemi

I'm happy to hear that you'll be joining us Smile!
I own season one and this will be hard. because I'm going to want to watch more than two per night.
(05-25-2013, 09:54 AM)the-epic-prince Wrote: [ -> ]I own season one and this will be hard. because I'm going to want to watch more than two per night.

Out of curiosity, did you have any problems watching season 1 on your copy (I assume you got the DVD or Blu Ray)? I, as well as most everyone on the IMDB forum, had the most annoying errors watching the episodes when they first came out. I could not get through about a third of the episodes using my blu-ray copy.

Funny enough, I watched some of the troublesome episodes last night, and suddenly they work fine. *knocks on wood* I wonder if Lou should put a disclaimer in his post about buying the DVDs or Blu-Ray.
Not at all. the DVDs worked just fine.
(05-25-2013, 10:51 AM)HellJacket Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2013, 09:54 AM)the-epic-prince Wrote: [ -> ]I own season one and this will be hard. because I'm going to want to watch more than two per night.

Out of curiosity, did you have any problems watching season 1 on your copy (I assume you got the DVD or Blu Ray)? I, as well as most everyone on the IMDB forum, had the most annoying errors watching the episodes when they first came out. I could not get through about a third of the episodes using my blu-ray copy.

Funny enough, I watched some of the troublesome episodes last night, and suddenly they work fine. *knocks on wood* I wonder if Lou should put a disclaimer in his post about buying the DVDs or Blu-Ray.
(05-25-2013, 10:51 AM)HellJacket Wrote: [ -> ]

By any chance do you have a different player than you used to?
(05-25-2013, 05:42 PM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]By any chance do you have a different player than you used to?
Nope. I'm actually a very technically oriented person, and it makes absolutely no sense that the problem with my blu-ray (which was a very wide spread problem based on comments on IMDB and Amazon) should suddenly disappear. Defective software or discs don't work like that.

In fact, I can't even argue that a firmware update to my blu ray player fixed the issue since at no point during the intervening time period have I connected my blu ray player to the Internet.

I am a very skeptical person, but alas my only explanation is "magic."
Pages: 1 2