Grimm Forum

Full Version: What the Keys protect the coins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the episode with the coins we know that the letter said there were 10 coins. Which means 7 are missing or (destroyed). If there are 7 royal families and the coins give power to rule. The Grimm's would tried to destroy them but failing that, they hide them hoping to get back later and destroy them. Knowing that might not happen they make the keys so if they couldn't some Grimm's later could, we know only the Grimm's can handle them without being effected. Each of the 7 are in a different location and the keys open the box with the coin. The map (which Monroe will figure out) show the 7 hiding places. Then the fun will start how to destroy to coins before the royals can stop like they did in the middle ages. Could be a lot of fighting and running needing the whole group to work together. What are your thoughts?
Holy mackerel, I forgot about the coins.
I can't remember, I know Kelly took the coins to Greece to destroy. but did she ever destroy them? or are they hidden?
Are they just missing? Are they now in play?

Meanwhile, i don't thing anyone on the show ever mentioned that the keys open a box with coins. I think all we know is that the keys keep something very powerful locked away. Could be the Ark of the Convenant or the Sorcerer's stone for all we know. Smile
Very Interesting idea here about the coins, if they were involved my only guess would be maybe they work different if you have all of them at once, but most likely not lol

Grimm's are affected by the coins as well, we see nick actually thinking about not putting them into that special box once he's back at the trailer, but he realizes they are starting to mess with him and puts them in right away, someone actually says this to him as well, probably kelly, that for some reason it takes awhile for the coins to affect a grimm

We know the Royals are not using them either as one of the side effects of the coins was the people welding them for power always died, most likely cause the coins had enough Mercury and Arsenic in them to kill almost anyone holding them to long and one of the things the coins do as we saw with hank and renard is you cant really just let them go

We also already know how to destroy the Coins, Kelly told Nick before she took them, similar to Lord of the Rings, they need to be brought to a Volcano or something where they were first created and destroyed in the same fire used to make them, Kelly said it was in Zakynthos

(05-20-2015, 09:34 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]I can't remember, I know Kelly took the coins to Greece to destroy. but did she ever destroy them? or are they hidden?

We were never told as i recall if kelly ever made it, the last time they are mentioned is in an email to nick (or Juliette as i don't recall if it came before or after she became a middle man) stating something came up forcing her to be unable to make it to Zakynthos, and that the coins were safe
Yeah, that was the last we heard about the coins. I thought Chavez was going to be involved in the coins plot (since "chavez" is Portuguese for "keys").
(10-30-2015, 10:25 PM)Livia Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that was the last we heard about the coins. I thought Chavez was going to be involved in the coins plot (since "chavez" is Portuguese for "keys").

If Chavez was the key to anything I missed it this episode! I'm hoping they come up with something resembling coherence for next week.
I suspect it's just going to be foreshadowing. She's the first member of this resistance group in the USA that we've seen.

If not the Key Plot, then maybe it was a reference to that wesen jail her group seemed to be running.

(I really want the Key Plot to come back, though!)
No idea about the coins, but I do think that the keys unlock a Wesen suppressant or something.