Grimm Forum

Full Version: Fringe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this is a show that I never saw before last month. I was at the Cincinnati Main Library, saw the DVDs on the shelf and thought what the heck!
Although I found the first season rather uneven it was still enjoyable.

Am now about halfway into season 3. So far this is the best season of the show in my opinion.

Anyone else out there a fan? Smile
When it was on the air my sister watched it and liked it a lot. But for various reasons i took a pass. Sometime last year some of us were talking about favorite TV shows and several people here recommended it. So, I semi - binged watched it over a couple of months. Although there were a lot of things I didn't like about the show, I did think it was kind of fun. But sometime during the second to last season I started to lose interest, and then I only watched a couple of episodes of the last season. The writers started taking the show in a different direction. So it became like a really different show. The last season had a really pretty new actress. I might have watched it a little bit for her. The show is on my list of "TV shows I should someday finish"

One interesting little fact I hadn't known, is that during the , I think it was the first and second season, the network it was on, (was that ABC?) would insert the observer into the background of other shows, promos and other things.. Spot the observer was a thing that Fringe Fans did.

One thing i liked about it, and how its similar to Grimm, so maybe why Fringe fans are Grimm fans (or visa versa), is that its a procedural with small mysteries every episode and a bigger season long story arc/ mystery. I also thought they did a good job of revealing a little more back story each week.
Yeah, the show did seem to move in a different direction at the end of S3. I thought they made a mistake getting rid of the Peter character, but it appears he comes back in S4. Will be interesting to see how the series ended.

I do enjoy the character of Walter. It many ways he is like many of us wish we were. Totally uninhibited and will just blurt out whatever is in his head. Of course, I don't think I would want brain tissue removed, I have so little to begin with!Tongue
Fringe did make a really big change. It went from police procedural with a case of the week. To the alternate reallity format with major drama. Do we see that same pattern with Grimm.