Grimm Forum

Full Version: Dead Guy Ale on Show?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I the only one that notices every time one of the characters is drinking a beer on the show, it's usually Dead Guy Ale?

And would any actual Portlanders chime in on how popular that beer is in the city? I like it, but I don't like it enough to drink every day.
Someone else pointed it out, too. But I can't remember where I heard that. Maybe it was in the Oregonian review.
Could it be that Dead Guy Ale is the ( deep announcer's voice) Official Beer of Grimm.
I've never heard of it. Is it available just in Oregon? Are they paying Grimm for product placement? Maybe they made a deal that if they dropped off a few cases each week Nick and Hank would drink it on screen? Well, now I'm going to go look for it in the stores. Around here ( No. Cal. ), we can buy Mirror Pond Ale in the supermarkets. It's made in Bend, Oregon. Its really good with a rich full hoppy flavor.
(05-16-2013, 04:28 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of it. Is it available just in Oregon?

I've seen it sold in liquor stores from Montana to Texas. It's probably the most popular Oregon beer to my knowledge.
I've noticed the Dead Guy Ale too. Rogue brewery is what I'd say, is our most popular premium beer in Oregon. You see members of the Rogue Nation proudly putting Rogue Brewery bumper stickers on their car. Mirror Pond (Dechutes Brewery) is pretty good, just had a few last night. The largest breweries in Oregon are:

1) Widmer Brothers
2) Dechutes Brewery
3) Full Sail
4) BridgePort Brewing
5) Rogue Ales
6) Ninkasi Brewing

My favorite of those six is Ninkasi, and I usually drink their beer whenever it's on tap.

If you're in Portland, you can find the largest beer selection at Fred Meyer. And in Portland, we have the most breweries (52) of any city in the World. Source

If anyone is familiar with Voodoo Doughnuts (popular local destination), there was this scene in one of the episodes where Nick brought in a Pink doughnut box and I'm pretty sure they were suppose to be Voodoo doughnuts even though they never mentioned it.

Spoiler :
Example of beer selection at Fred Meyer

[Image: fyMctoIl.jpg]
I love this show for actually having local details. I don't live in Portland -- never visited, either, to my dismay -- but I really like it when the creators of a work show attention to setting. Makes the story seem much more alive.

And it also sometimes comes with perks, like the introduction of new alcohol, ha ha.
I'm gonna go to the store today and see if i can find some Dead Guy Ale. or at least some Mirror Pond. And every time I see an Apple product, or someone wogas, or a zombie gets killed I'll take a drink. WoooHooooooooooo. Thank Grimm its Tuesday!
(05-21-2013, 05:59 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]I'm gonna go to the store today and see if i can find some Dead Guy Ale.
Lou, I keep waiting to hear about whether you liked DGA or not. Update?
I couldn't find any dead guy ale so i didn't think about it again.
But thanks for asking. HA!
And although i started off with the drinking game by half way through I got so into the show I totally forgot.

Smile
(05-21-2013, 01:10 AM)pale boy Wrote: [ -> ]And it also sometimes comes with perks, like the introduction of new alcohol, ha ha.

And did you know the Willamette Valley here is famous for its wines? More new drinks for you! Wink lol

@HellJacket - so what do you think of Dead Guy Ale?

@Lou - I'm not sure how accurate this site is, but maybe this will help you find Dead Guy Ale http://www.beermenus.com/beers/rogue-dead-guy
(05-24-2013, 09:30 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]@HellJacket - so what do you think of Dead Guy Ale?

I like it, but when I'm at the store and in the mood for something like Dead Guy Ale, Arrogant Bastard ale is usually beside it, which is what I generally reach for.