Grimm Forum

Full Version: ABC - Next Season - OUAT and SHIELD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ABC's fall lineup includes a spin off of Once Upon A Time. and a take off on Marvel's SHIELD.

How does Once Upon A Time do compared to Grimm? I stopped watching OUAT at the end of the first season. I guess its better than i thought.
I like Once, but season 2 was pretty bad. Just don't get Pale Boy and I started on all the bad of S2.

Shield! Yay, hopefully.
I am so excited for S.H.I.E.L.D! The show's by Joss Whedon and Company.

Here's the press release from ABC:

Spoiler :
Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel’s feature films, as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange and the unknown around the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson’s team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage; Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen), expert pilot and martial artist; Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker), brilliant engineer; and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge), genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” Marvel’s first television series, is from executive producers Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”), Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, who co-wrote the pilot (“Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”). Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”) and Jeph Loeb (“Smallville,” “Lost,” “Heroes”) also serve as executive producers. “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

I'm a fan of Marvel and Joss Whedon so, this show sounds like a great fit for me.

As for OUAT, I was able to get through most of the episodes in both seasons. I agree that the first season is better than the second, but overall I thought it was entertaining. I did LOL at that scene with that Dragon guy floating and getting tased...
I like Marvel and Joss Whedon too, but I'm not a fan of the super soldier genre (does it have a good name?). GI Joe, Captain America, The A Team, Mission Impossible. But it could be good. I will definitely check it out.
(05-14-2013, 01:25 PM)the-epic-prince Wrote: [ -> ]I like Once, but season 2 was pretty bad. Just don't get Pale Boy and I started on all the bad of S2.

Shield! Yay, hopefully.

Lol, yeah, well there's so much bad in Season 2 of Once that we can't help but rag on it.

I've been hate-watching most of S2. The first one was good. Cheesy in parts but a lot of fun too. S2 is ... a definite sophomore slump to put it nicely. I don't know what happened there, but it was painful. Here's hoping the third season makes more sense.

S.H.I.E.L.D. looks very promising and I'm excited to see Whedon back in his element. He's very good at the long-form stories that television provides and I'm hoping that the resurgence in his career finally gives him some well-deserved (and needed) clout.
(05-15-2013, 12:06 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]I like Marvel and Joss Whedon too, but I'm not a fan of the super soldier genre (does it have a good name?). GI Joe, Captain America, The A Team, Mission Impossible. But it could be good. I will definitely check it out.

Have you seen the recent Avenger movie?
Yes.

Quote:Have you seen the recent Avenger movie?
Did you not like it? I think S.H.I.E.L.D will be similar to it.

(05-15-2013, 01:20 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

Sure, i liked it. Maybe I'm cutting straws but The avengers are super heroes. Shield, they are just really good soldiers. I just keep thinking A Team and GI Joe. But Joss is really good at the character development and back story and season long story arcs. And it sounds like he has a good team so I'll def check it out.

(05-15-2013, 01:22 AM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]Did you not like it? I think S.H.I.E.L.D will be similar to it.

(05-15-2013, 01:20 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.