Grimm Forum

Full Version: grimm id
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to this site, so the question may have already been answered. How do Grimms know who else is a Grimm. Mom knew there was a Grimm in Portland who had offed 2 reapers, did not know it was nick. In The Inheritance, a Grimm from Philly knew Nick's name, address, phone number and job title. Nick did not know Trouble was a Grimm, even when they were in physical contact. That is an question I would have asked Mom about the first day I saw her!
Near as I can tell, they don't know unless someone tells them. Kelly heard about Nick through the Resistance, but as you say she didn't know it was him.

Truble didn't know Nick was a Grimm and ditto for him. Monroe had to tell him what she was and Truble didn't even know such people existed other than herself.
Good question. And you know what, I don't think anyone has asked that before. I don't think it has occurred to me either.

I'm pretty sure that the (short) answer to "how do Grimms know who else is a Grimm?", is "they don't".

We are never told how the old man in Inheritance knew about Nick. We have discussed this and speculated it. It might have been that the old guy knew Nick's name from a connection in "The Council" or "The Resistance". but why he would have connections with either of those organizations is unclear.
I think they have to reveal themselves.
From what I gather Nick's reputation has spread. His contact with wesen has gone from "Youre a Grimm" to "Youre that Grimm". So Rolex knowing he needed to seek out a Grimm Nick would be the best bet. I am sure other Grimm don't have a fan club. Bud is the president and town crier.
Thanks for all the repiles. I guess it could be revolved like the question "How do they know you are a Grimm".
(03-15-2015, 05:56 PM)eric Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for all the repiles. I guess it could be revolved like the question "How do they know you are a Grimm".

If they are wesen they see it in the grimms eyes when the wesen woges. If they are royals they watch the children of certain families. If people start to disappear around the kid it is safe to assume he got his gift of sight...

I was kind of wandering the same thing about grimms knowing grimms because the wesen counsel has just declared a war on Grimms. Grimms are after all not under the counsel but they have put a contract out on one. If I were another Grimm and found that out I would start wandering how long before I am on the hit list. Their excuses would mean nothing to me. They overstepped their bounds, it is time to rein them in.

I would kind of wander if this behavior of the counsels is not why Grimms have a rep for taking heads now and asking questions later. Or how branding G in some wesen came about. If I had a group who was ordering deaths and not following their own rules hiding among a group I could see I might delay asking questions too, if my name could be the next one on that hit list.
(03-15-2015, 11:03 PM)Samsarilian Wrote: [ -> ]Grimms are after all not under the counsel but they have put a contract out on one. If I were another Grimm and found that out I would start wandering how long before I am on the hit list. Their excuses would mean nothing to me. They overstepped their bounds, it is time to rein them in.

I would kind of wander if this behavior of the counsels is not why Grimms have a rep for taking heads now and asking questions later. Or how branding G in some wesen came about. If I had a group who was ordering deaths and not following their own rules hiding among a group I could see I might delay asking questions too, if my name could be the next one on that hit list.

My guess is the Nick is the first Grimm that the Wesson Council has ever had any dealings with at all. This is basically just supposition, but her is my thinking:
First off, how would the Wesson Council ever learn a Grimm's identity. Judging by books in the trailer and other statements made by the show, typically, and historically, Wessons don't survive a meeting with a Grimm. Everything we have seen so far is that Nick is an atypical Grimm.

Oh, and don't we have some statements that THIS Wesson council is somewhat compromised or corrupt?
Historically Grimm have had some contact with Royals. (Specifically, I'm thinking of the Verrat -Grimm partnership during the Spanish Civil War. But I don't think there is much if any information exchange between Royals, Verrats, and the Wesson Council.
We know that there is some cooperation between Grimms and the Resistance. But judging by Kelly's experience that information is very compartmentalized.
Finally, if Nick's experience with Wesson assassins is typical, then sending a Wesson (or two or three) to assassinate a grimm is a bad idea.
(03-16-2015, 11:56 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2015, 11:03 PM)Samsarilian Wrote: [ -> ]Grimms are after all not under the counsel but they have put a contract out on one. If I were another Grimm and found that out I would start wandering how long before I am on the hit list. Their excuses would mean nothing to me. They overstepped their bounds, it is time to rein them in.

My guess is the Nick is the first Grimm that the Wesson Council has ever had any dealings with at all. This is basically just supposition, but her is my thinking:
First off, how would the Wesson Council ever learn a Grimm's identity. Judging by books in the trailer and other statements made by the show, typically, and historically, Wessons don't survive a meeting with a Grimm. Everything we have seen so far is that Nick is an atypical Grimm.

Oh, and don't we have some statements that THIS Wesson council is somewhat compromised or corrupt?
Historically Grimm have had some contact with Royals. (Specifically, I'm thinking of the Verrat -Grimm partnership during the Spanish Civil War. But I don't think there is much if any information exchange between Royals, Verrats, and the Wesson Council.
We know that there is some cooperation between Grimms and the Resistance. But judging by Kelly's experience that information is very compartmentalized.
Finally, if Nick's experience with Wesson assassins is typical, then sending a Wesson (or two or three) to assassinate a grimm is a bad idea.

Season 3 eposode 6, Stories We Tell Our Young, there has been at least one counsel that was held in the distant past between Royals, Grimms and The wessen counsel on the mater of child possession. I can not remember what the psudo wesen was called. But Nick found a reference to it in his books dating to the 1920s where the grimm felt it was a disease but still called the counsel. It turned out to be a parasitic disease and it was the one major time Nick interfered in Counsel business. So the counsel has had dealings with Grimms in the past where there was cooperation, even if grudgingly given, for centuries. It seems to me that the counsel liked killing normal kids even after they had the Science to prove what the disease was, and that is the reason they put the hit on Nick. Might seem that way to other Grimms if they heard the story as well. Since we know that Grimms like having children and some of them turn out 'normal' that is one more reason that they would not like the counsel overstepping their bounds. Grimms are not under Wesen Councel control or jurisdiction except where there is a previous agreement and those agreements would be subject to revision when new information comes to light.