Grimm Forum

Full Version: SNL 40th Anniversary Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wanted to create a thread for SNL fans (like myself Smile) both young and old to discuss last night's 3 and a 1/2 hour 40th Anniversary Show.

Personally, I was expecting way more new material and skits but I understand all the video montages and I actually enjoyed the layout of the show.

Highlights:
Celebrity Jeopardy
-Being that this is probably my favorite SNL sketch of all-time I was delighted to see Will Ferrell dawn the mustache and return the podium as Alex Trebek. Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery was hilarious as it always was and I especially enjoyed Alec Baldwin as Tony Bennett. I didn't like how many different celebrity impersonations they tried to fit in the sketch but it was understandable given how many people were there and the time constraints.

Bradley Cooper and Betty White making-out
-Can you imagine how many girls and middle aged women wished they were 93 years old when Betty White and Bradley Cooper lip-locked at the end of the Californians skit? That being said, apart from this unlikely make-out session, the skit wasn't really that funny.

Jerry Seinfeld's Q&A Session
-Just a lot of hilarious dialogue including Jerry interacting with Seinfeld creator Larry David and Michael Douglas asking why he's only hosted the show once. Tim Meadows making fun of Robert Downey Jr. was funny and John Goodman defending his number of times hosting title was also laughable.

Paul McCartney's performance of Maybe I'm Amazed
-A lot of people didn't like this but I thought it was spectacular especially when you compare it to Miley Cyrus and Kanye West later on in the show.

What were some of your guys favorite moments? What would you have liked to see them do differently? Smile