Grimm Forum

Full Version: Why is the Juliette character still on the show?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Honestly, for the first few seasons it seems like every scene she was in felt like I was watching a Lifetime Movie. The writers clearly did not know what to do with her character. They still don't. Does she really need to be in so many scenes that the "wife" has no business being in. They gave her (a veterinarian) a gun to go save Monroe!

She is a terrible actress. There is no doubt about this. She has massacred so many scenes with her terrible deliveries that I can barely pay attention to the scenes she is in. Am I the only one who is sickened by her?

Kill her. Please. I know she has a contract, but maybe they can kill her anyway, and she can come back as a ghost or in Nick's memories for brief moments until her contract is up.

Why is she still on the show?

Nick should hook up with some hot chick. The audience for this show does NOTA want to see some Lifetime Love Story or this actress struggling to keep up with real actors. She drags down every scene she is in.
Just out of curiosity, how far are you into the show?
How far into the show he is is not the problem. He thinks he speaks for everyone. He is not attracted to her so no one is. He does not like her delivery so no one does. etc. I do not normally attack the people who post and am not attacking him now. But stating something simple. I doubt you will change his mind.

I will tell you this Mr Magnetic, you are not alone in your dislike for her but she also has fans. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I for one do not think you could change the main cast and not kill the show. No matter how little the actor seems to give there is a synergy between them and they add up to more than the sum of the parts.
The first few seasons of the Juliette character being the quiet home body. She was not an action type chick. She was the damsel in distress. Over the season she has empowered herself. If not for this progression Her being a hexenbiest would not have the impact it does.
I am thinking he missed a lot but is watching the current. He mentioned just handing her a gun to help with Monroe. He does not know Nick trained her and found she was a natural shot.

You are right he is missing much of the progression. But his first post, literally his first post ever, it read posts 1 when I first looked at it, is basically a rant and shows a lot of anger. I did my best to show there were two sides without going into much detail.
I have never been a fan of this character, but I have learned to tolerate her. Now that she has the Hexenbiest 'thing' she is more interesting. I never thought her and Nick had much chemistry. At least it looks like the character Trubel is gone, at least for while - which doesn't break my hear either.
I wondered the same thing at the beginning. I was begging for a dramatic demise of the character.
There didn't seem to be any sort of energy between her and Grimm.
So I thought maybe it had more to do with Grimm failing to connect with his co-characters.
She lacks a bit of personality but the show is running long enough for her to develop.
Its kind of exciting seeing her turn into a beast and get all those powers.
I'm trying to like the actress and have appreciated her softened physical appearance.
Juliet needs to stay now.
That's what I think.
I personally am more excited about her scenes now that she is a Hexenbiest than I am for the rest of the show. I just hope Nick and her will team up, that combination may seem unstoppable.
(02-13-2015, 06:43 PM)magneticfields Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, for the first few seasons it seems like every scene she was in felt like I was watching a Lifetime Movie. The writers clearly did not know what to do with her character. They still don't. Does she really need to be in so many scenes that the "wife" has no business being in. They gave her (a veterinarian) a gun to go save Monroe!

She is a terrible actress. There is no doubt about this. She has massacred so many scenes with her terrible deliveries that I can barely pay attention to the scenes she is in. Am I the only one who is sickened by her?

Kill her. Please. I know she has a contract, but maybe they can kill her anyway, and she can come back as a ghost or in Nick's memories for brief moments until her contract is up.

Why is she still on the show?

Nick should hook up with some hot chick. The audience for this show does NOTA want to see some Lifetime Love Story or this actress struggling to keep up with real actors. She drags down every scene she is in.

I'm sorry you can't enjoy her. I Heart Juliette, and I think the actress has done a great job without always being given great material to work with. I also think the hexenbiest story line is really interesting and a nice development for the character.

Just judging the character on her own merits, Juliette has put up with a LOT in this relationship and she's still giving Nick love and support, and has gotten in touch with her inner butt-kicker, too.

I also find her incredibly beautiful, although it's a fairly abstract subject for me as a heterosexual woman. Different tastes, I suppose.
I am actually liking Juliette more now. At first she was just the girlfriend who could never find out the truth. Now she knows and has turned into a hexenbiest. Great job Grimm writers! This is how you grow a character.
Pages: 1 2