Grimm Forum

Full Version: Royal Bastards??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, All. I'm just popping into the forum to ask a question that has been bugging me. If Royal blood is so important, why did the Royals try to murder Sean and his mother, but are obsessed with finding and assumedly keeping Diana? Isn't she as much of a "Royal bastard" as he?? If you have discussed this, I apologize. I'd love a link.

Mahalo.
(01-15-2015, 03:51 AM)Enyo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, All. I'm just popping into the forum to ask a question that has been bugging me. If Royal blood is so important, why did the Royals try to murder Sean and his mother, but are obsessed with finding and assumedly keeping Diana? Isn't she as much of a "Royal bastard" as he?? If you have discussed this, I apologize. I'd love a link.

Mahalo.
Welcome to the group, Enyo. It was Prince Eric's mother who tried to have Renard and his mother murdered, so it seems to have been a personal vendetta. But there is also something very special about Diana. We don't know everything yet, but it is generally accepted that she has unusual abilities. Even as an infant, we've seen her power. Kelly has gone on record as believing that she is destined to be great; either for good or evil. We'll certainly see more about this in coming episodes, but those are some of the reasons she is regarded as important, different from other Royal bastards.

There may be a thread regarding this topic, but I don't know for certain.

I visited Hawaii many years ago and fell in love with our beautiful 50th state, as I'm sure all vistors do! Mahalo.
Sean's mother is not a royal. She is a hexienbiest. and Sean is a bastard hybrid. I think the two of them could be dangerous to the royals. Although the only reason they might still be alive is because Sean's father may have a soft spot for the two of them.

SpeakEasy has already pointed out why Diana is important. I think she also might be the King's only grandchild. Nobody knows for sure if Sean or his half brother is the dad. Also during the pregnancy, Adalind regained her powers. That's supposedly some really powerful mojo.
(01-15-2015, 11:40 AM)Lou Wrote: [ -> ]Sean's mother is not a royal. She is a hexienbiest. and Sean is a bastard hybrid.

Yes. Both Diana and Sean have a Hexenbiest mother and Royal father. That's why I'm confused.

(01-15-2015, 07:17 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the group, Enyo. It was Prince Eric's mother who tried to have Renard and his mother murdered, so it seems to have been a personal vendetta. But there is also something very special about Diana. We don't know everything yet, but it is generally accepted that she has unusual abilities. Even as an infant, we've seen her power. Kelly has gone on record as believing that she is destined to be great; either for good or evil. We'll certainly see more about this in coming episodes, but those are some of the reasons she is regarded as important, different from other Royal bastards.

Thank you, and that makes a lot of sense!! Smile
Some one early on pointed out it was prince Eric's mother who tried to have him killed. Do yourself a favor and read some greek/roman mythology. Hera hates almost all of Zueses sons. They are all evidence of his unfaithfulness. We tend to create gods in our own likeness and give them very human motivations.
(01-23-2015, 08:07 PM)Samsarilian Wrote: [ -> ]Some one early on pointed out it was prince Eric's mother who tried to have him killed. Do yourself a favor and read some greek/roman mythology. Hera hates almost all of Zueses sons. They are all evidence of his unfaithfulness. We tend to create gods in our own likeness and give them very human motivations.

I took Greco-Roman studies in college found the mythology to be very dry (much to the shock of all the other intellectuals in my class), but I do remember Hera being jealous a lot. Still, the Royal men don't seem accept Sean. You never see a female Royal, so I'm assuming the way they feel isn't really important anyway.