Grimm Forum

Full Version: What's the Last Movie you've seen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's the last movie you've seen?

For me, just recently watched World War Z. I thought it was an entertaining flick. 7/10 from me Smile

This weekend we watched a French movie, absolutely great, but I'm not sure if it made its way to American cinemas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbyLWzBLLf8

Serial (Bad) Weddings (in English)/ Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au bon Dieu?(in French)/ Monsieur Claude und seine Töchter (in German)

It's about tolerance and mixed marriages, exactly the problem Monroe's parents had Tongue. Really, really funny!
Do movies we intend to see count? First on my list will be "A Most Wanted Man" because I'm a big fan of John le Carre, the author. Also looking forward to seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman's performance, which by all accounts is award-worthy.

Second one is "Hercules", because I just love Dwayne Johnson. Smile
The Forgotten
Boyhood - interesting concept...I guess. Ethan Hawk is always good, I think. But I haven't given the movie another thought since I left the cinema.

Monika
I don't know if you mean last movie watched or last movie saw in the theatre, but I watched the The Butler this week at home. It was well-done and thought-provoking because it delved into four different ways racial (in)equality was addressed from the 1920's and 2008.

The directing was great--especially since there was a first-person narrative--and the actors' performances were really good. I highly recommend it.
Went to see Hunger Games Mockingjay, Pt. 1 Tuesday with the fam. There was a whole passel of us and we all enjoyed it.

Wishes for a happy Thanksgiving Day to you and yours going out to all of the Grimm community!
Last movie in the theaters? Guardian's of the Galaxy. Last movie I actually watched, had to think, thanks to massive sales this summer, I have a backlog of DVDs and have mostly been watching tv series. Guess it was either the Bourne movies or Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (hey, what can I say, movies for $5? Why not)
I think the last movie I saw in the theatre was the last X-men movie.

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy at home.

I guess i do watch a lot of Comic book stuff.
I watched Saving Mr. Banks this week. Due to trailers and friends' comments, I anticipated a Disney flick with a twist, however, I was quite astounded by how dark Mary Poppins author PL Travers (a pseudonym) really was.

I wiki'd her after the movie and found that she had many volatile relationships but never married and didn't care for men in general, adopted 1/2 of a set of identical twins but rejected the other due to an astrologer's suggestion, and "died alone and unloved just as she lived" according to her adopted child's children. She was not well-liked by most anyone.

An interesting note about the twins...they both died of alcoholism, married a woman named Frances, and named one of their daughters Kate. Interesting example of identical twin phenomena.

I've begun to read the book Mary Poppins, and the original character is QUITE different than the one portrayed in the 1963 movie.

The movie Saving Mr. Banks was pretty good.
Pages: 1 2 3