Grimm Forum

Full Version: Constantine General Discussion thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This'll be the general discussion thread for Constantine.

Trailer:

Comic-Con Panel:
Spoiler :
Premiere Date:

October 24, 2014

[source]

NBC, you are making Fridays fun for TV. Smile
Anyone else watching? I enjoyed the premiere and will be watching next week.

I will say I've not read the source material, so have no expectations or background on the characters or possible story lines.
I liked it and will give it a couple more episodes to see how it progresses. I felt like there was a lot going on and I felt kind of like I was a little bit out of the loop having never read any of the Hellblazer comics before but we shall see how it goes.
The show was ok for me. I'm not familiar with the comic books just the Reeves movie so I didn't have any expectations about source material. I will definitely give it another week, but its definitely not a show I absolutely have to see like Grimm or Supernatural.
So this week we were introduced to Zed. I already find her more interesting than Liv. I hope she's given a bit more background/personality and that they don't lean to heavily on the tension between her and Constantine. I do wonder about her name. Is it a nickname or a given name? Either way it's a bit odd for an American, I'd expect Zee rather than Zed, but eh, what do I know.

And the freak of the week was creepy. Previously helpful spirits being subverted into killers? *Shudder*.

Not so sure labeling Gypsy/Romany magic as dark was a good choice.
Wanted to share this as I found it interesting.

What do you think?
Finally got around to watching the first two episodes on Hulu. Afraid I was not impressed. I don't think this show is going to last long. I'll be surprised if it isn't cancelled before a single season is completed.
(11-05-2014, 05:07 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got around to watching the first two episodes on Hulu. Afraid I was not impressed. I don't think this show is going to last long. I'll be surprised if it isn't cancelled before a single season is completed.

Sad I hope you are wrong, I like the premise and I'm really looking forward to having Matt Ryan on my tv screen for a while yet. However, you aren't the only one I know who's not feeling it and unless things pick up, you could be right. I'll keep watching for now. The bits and pieces I've seen from the next episode have me anticipating a fun ride.
I have to agree with wfmyers1207 on this one, whilst I like the main characters demeanour, there is something profoundly empty about the show that leaves me cold and unmoved by problems or victims being shown. I tend to find if I can't empathise with someone on the show I just can't engage with it, so unless they somehow change this for me I think this goes the quick cancellation route.
Pages: 1 2