Grimm Forum

Full Version: What TV Shows to talk about this Fall?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the fall tv season coming upon us, I was curious to know what shows the community here had interest in talking about.

I wanted to add new discussion categories for TV Shows, and wanted to know what shows the community here wanted to discuss. So far, we've got Arrow and Agents of SHIELD.

Any Others?

------------------

Edit: I am adding a poll to this. Since I'm only limited to 10 choices, I'll be adding and removing choices as we move along and I get a better idea of which shows are getting more votes. You can select multiple choices on this poll.
How about the Flash, I managed to catch the first episode and must say it looks awesome, I do have a special place in my heart for the Scarlet Speedster, and along with Arrow, I can imagine many fun cross over plots and returning villains, bouncing between Central City and Starling City, with team ups and angsty falling's out over some trivial matter or perhaps something, oh so pretty!Big Grin Felicity Smoak anyoneTongue I'm not a teenager anymore and she makes me feel angsty, they really need to be giving me those bromide pills.Rolleyes

Great subject BTW Smile
What about Penny Dreadful? I so fell in love with this show and I could imagine others would so too.
I don't know about the others but among us three most active Germans (Gretel, our little *missing* witch Wunderlich and me) Vikings is pretty much a topic.
And, of course, Sleepy Hollow, or how I call it, after a Grimm-co-executive went off to Fox ... Okay, Jose is now on another show and we have to find out how season 2 will turn out but I am pretty sure with Damian still in charge it will stay the way of season 1.
Helix is also a little favourite of mine. I mean, hello? That's sort of a bastard child of Highlander and Re-Genesis - love Big Grin
I think the other shows on my watch/favourite list aren't really mystery/scifi ... okay, besides Hemlock Grove, but I don't know if anybody here is watching.
In addition to Arrow and Agents of SHIELD which already have sub forums I'd say Elementary, The Flash, Gotham, and Constantine are I few we could discuss... Also Agent Carter when it comes on midseason.
Penny dreadful is interesting, unfortunately Sleepy Hollow left me cold, I should have loved it it combination of the fantasy with the clash of modern and pre-independence America, but it did not seem to have the same heart as Grimm and lost me in the first 5 episodes, though I may revisit it and give it another go, in the long pause before the fall season. Of course there is Elementary, as a resident Sherlock Holmes enthusiast, I wanted to hate it but have found much to enjoy and engage me, I must say the modern interpretations of this classic literary work have really found the quintessential core of a lot of the supporting characters and really brought them to the fore in interesting ways, really provide Holmes with an engaging tapestry of people to work with, it is never only the villains that make a hero, it is the people they choose as their companions that really fills out the canvas. Also as a lover of all things Police procedural Backstrom looks very interesting, who doesn't love a grizzled world hating (and clearly self loathing) detective that somehow manages to trawl the seething darkness that is at the core of humanity to find the bad guyBig Grin. And then we have Constantine the would be dance partner to Grimm, like my previous mention pretty much exactly the same but with the devilTongue Oh and he's British and not bloody Ted 'Theodore' Logan... sorry loved the comic so had real issues with the movie adaptationSad. Then we have Forever an interesting concept of the New York City chief medical examiner who for some reason cannot die, Highlander with a scalpel methinks, but could get really old fast the cynic in me suggests. Then there is Galavant, the less said about this the better and finally the pièce de résistance Gotham, I am so hoping this is good, Gotham has always been my favorite comic book city, peopled with such wonderful and horrible characters and so visually alive that if Fox manage to tarnish it I swear the little boy that lives inside my head will burst into tears. These are the ones I have managed to garner information on so far.Big Grin
A lot of interesting feedback, this is really great! I've added a poll above to help us get a better idea of everything. Since I'm only limited to adding 10 choices on the poll, I'll be adding and removing choices as we move along and get a better idea of which shows are getting the most votes. You can select multiple choices on this poll.
Thanks GrimmForum for the poll, nice touch to a great topic Big Grin

Is it me or does the new season of shows seem so far away Sad

I just found out 'Community' getting sixth season on Yahoo Heart
(06-30-2014, 04:25 PM)Starfury Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks GrimmForum for the poll, nice touch to a great topic Big Grin

You're welcome, and that's awesome to hear that Community was renewed! Six Seasons and a Movie! Smile

Sorta surprsied that it's renewed by Yahoo!.
(06-30-2014, 04:53 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2014, 04:25 PM)Starfury Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks GrimmForum for the poll, nice touch to a great topic Big Grin

You're welcome, and that's awesome to hear that Community was renewed! Six Seasons and a Movie! Smile

Looks to me like Yahoo is making a play for the market Netflix and Amazon Prime are carving into the TV market. They are coming around to the newer way of thinking about distributing content, and along with the other things they have to offer Yahoo finance, Yahoo sport etc, something like a play into this new media space seems like an interesting choice to promote and enhance their brand. And using an already established product with an internet savvy audience seems to make an ideal synergistic combination.
(06-30-2014, 05:17 PM)Starfury Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2014, 04:53 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: [ -> ]

Looks to me like Yahoo is making a play for the market Netflix and Amazon Prime are carving into the TV market. They are coming around to the newer way of thinking about distributing content, and along with the other things they have to offer Yahoo finance, Yahoo sport etc, something like a play into this new media space seems like an interesting choice to promote and enhance their brand. And using an already established product with an internet savvy audience seems to make an ideal synergistic combination.

yeah, i noticed walmart is trying to enter into the online content market as well Huh
Pages: 1 2