Grimm Forum

Full Version: Quoting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear members,

here is something that caught my eye, recently posts get longer and longer because of big quote-boxes. I find it more difficult to read a thread, because I have to scroll a lot and threads get many pages in a short time. Perhaps that’s just me?

I’d like to suggest using the "new reply" button more often. The post will appear directly under the latest post anyway, so you can answer it without quoting.

When you want to stress that you answer a specific statement, the "reply" button is fine, and you can shorten the appearing quote to this statement.

Just my two cents Blush.
As a perpetrator of the overly long reply chain Sad you are right about the difficulty in reading the threads when this occurs, I tend to get lost in the conversation when the messages go back and forth so do not think of the wider reader. I shall endeavour to do better Idea
Thanks for saying that, Gretel. It really makes it easier to follow the postings when we either start a new reply or filter out all but the specific points we're responding to. Also, it somehow makes it easier for me to follow the newer posts more closely because I can separate them from the originals.

And thanks also to all the new posters to this forum! Your input is fun and interesting, and as always, I so enjoy reading the thoughts from the folks that have been around here since I've become a member, too! Smile
I have been guilty of that myself, and like Starfury, shall endeavor to do better!
Thank you!
Nobody is "guilty" here, and I do enjoy your vivid conversations, please go on Cool!
There's also the option to quote and simply shorten/snip the quote so you can reply to exactly the section you want to, instead of an entire post. Just highlight what you don't want and delete it (but leave the [quote] brackets in place so it still looks nice!) All you need is your mouse/trackpad and a delete button. Easy peasy. :3

Anywho, I love quoting and in some especially egregious cases, I also use multi-quotes. For this I have no shame. None at all. Wink But then again, I do tend to write massive posts in the first place ... So. Angel
Paleboy may you continue your long posting, and mutli-quoting until he cows come home Big Grin For myself I love the analysis and discussion you bring to the forum.
@pale boy:

Where's the Like!-Button when you need one. Exactly what I do. i don't see a problem with that.