Grimm Forum

Full Version: 2x21 "The Waking Dead"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Air Date:

5/14/13 10 PM

[Source]

Press Release

Spoiler :
Quote:"GRIMM"

(X) "THE WAKING DEAD"

05/14/2013 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Tuesday) : ZOMBIES DESCEND ON PORTLAND – JAMES FRAIN AND SHOHREH AGHDASHLOO GUEST STAR --Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) discover a new kind of strange when they investigate suspects being found dead - for the second time. In Europe, Adalind (Claire Coffee) finds herself in the middle of a feud between Frau Pech and Stefania (guest star Shohreh Aghdashloo ) while working over the details of her pending transaction. Meanwhile, determined to remember every last detail to get things started once more, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) insists Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) share with her Nick’s darkest secret - the world of Grimms and Wesen. Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

Source

Quote:Hank and Nick encounter zombies; Adalind is caught in a feud between Stefania and Frau Pech; Juliette asks Monroe to reveal Nick's darkest secret.
Source

Promos

Photos

Spoiler :
[Image: 7161ed.jpg]
[Image: 35cr9eb.jpg]
[Image: 2zdvc41.jpg]
[Image: 25pkbhy.jpg]
[Image: 33aball.jpg]
[Image: 1zpo5jq.jpg]
[Image: cnif6.jpg]
Zombies!! Big Grin

And finally Juliette is in!
Sweet I am a fan of zambonies (zombies)
Looks like a game-changer of an episode! A bunch of zombies are going to be very hard to hide from the "Muggles".

Sighted a Haitian Vodou-inspired Wesen (?) or being. Seems to be Baron Samedi, maybe? Very interesting to see them use something from a living religion rather than a myth, although there were hints of that in the Volcanalis episode (the titular Volcanalis is classified as a "demon" and there were references to Satan being a Wesen (!) so they've already shown Christian religion as up for grabs, so to speak, for the show's creatures.)
Not only that. But up until now a lot of the Grimm monsters have been unique or "sort of unique". But Zombies??!! Everyone has done Zombies.

IMDB has a list of the "Top 100 Zombie Films and TV shows". And I don't think it even includes all the TV shows that just had a Zombie episode (although it does have the Zombie episode of Community). Did Angel or Buffy ever fight Zombies. How about "Supernatural"? Didn't 007 fight Zombies?

It might have been an interesting conversation in the writers room.

"We can't do zombies. Everyone has done Zombies.
"We have to zombies. It's required. Everyone has to do Zombies".

Oh and there is a Grimm word for Muggles. We learned it in the sheep episode. There was even a word for Hank. But we'll have to see how the population of Portland reacts. I wonder if there is going to be a reporter that starts following around Nick?
The word for humans are Kehrseite(reverse side). People like Hank called Kehrseite-Schlich-Kennen(to know the reverse side).

If it is a Haitian Voodoo inspired epsiode, that would be cool. It could explain how the somebody dies in the final. It can be like this: There's a Houngan that turns all people in zombies. The gang tries to stop him. They do it, but one person is trapped between life and death. Thereby Person X becomes a zombie astrale. This zombies may be enclosed on bottles.(sounds like Djinn Wink )And in this moment have a plot for the next season, namely "how do we get Person X back to life?" or just out of the bottle
Oh no! I bet Juliette ends up in the bottle.
Ah, thanks for telling me about the name for the Grimm version of "Muggles", guys. Smile

Also, I've posted the promo photos above!

Seems like Adalind might have bit off more than she could chew this time around.
This all looks real good, I can't wait for Tuesday's episode. Zombies are always great, and Juliette learning more about Wesen is going to make the show a lot more interesting in Season 3.
It's on today!!!
Pages: 1 2