Grimm Forum
Are female Grimm's more agressive than their male counterparts? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Are female Grimm's more agressive than their male counterparts? (/Thread-Are-female-Grimm-s-more-agressive-than-their-male-counterparts)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Are female Grimm's more agressive than their male counterparts? - Starfury - 07-26-2014

I wonder if Nick loosing his mother and father at what may have been the time he was going to start exhibiting his Grimm powers may have somehow blocked/suppressed the emergence of his powers, putting up a psychological barrier that was only finally taken down when he fell in love with and had decided to marry Julliette. This could explain the late emergence of his powers, I know we have little data to base the information off of but it still seems uncharacteristically late. Perhaps I am reading too much into the events that played out in the initial episode, but almost literally after deciding to ask Julliette to marry him he starts seeing Wesen, and the real coincidence or even a red herring was Marie turning up at the same time to announce she was dying.

RE: Are female Grimm's more agressive than their male counterparts? - Samsarilian - 03-01-2015

(07-26-2014, 11:59 AM)Starfury Wrote: I wonder if Nick loosing his mother and father at what may have been the time he was going to start exhibiting his Grimm powers may have somehow blocked/suppressed the emergence of his powers, putting up a psychological barrier that was only finally taken down when he fell in love with and had decided to marry Julliette. This could explain the late emergence of his powers, I know we have little data to base the information off of but it still seems uncharacteristically late. Perhaps I am reading too much into the events that played out in the initial episode, but almost literally after deciding to ask Julliette to marry him he starts seeing Wesen, and the real coincidence or even a red herring was Marie turning up at the same time to announce she was dying.

This would seem most likely if Aunt Mari had not said it comes later to males. I say this because they are now giving us the 4th, 5th etc type of cone explanation. That I more believe would be an alternative type of rod since he sees woges in old black and white films.

Sorry if I seem to be digging into a lot of old stuff that others are finished with.

RE: Are female Grimm's more agressive than their male counterparts? - wfmyers1207 - 03-02-2015

Naw, we aren't all finished with it, just get distracted by other topics and new reveals.

I thought the 4th and 5th cone thing was interesting when the show brought it up. Could be that Grimms see into the ultraviolet and/or infrared. Still haven't quite figured out how that would allow them to see a partial woge when others can't though. Dodgy

I mean, back in my military days we used devices that allow you to see into infrared or very low light, but they didn't let you see things that others couldn't see in normal light. Through an infrared scope a tank is still a tank and anyone else would see the same thing in the visual spectrum.

RE: Are female Grimm's more agressive than their male counterparts? - Samsarilian - 03-02-2015

(03-02-2015, 10:19 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Naw, we aren't all finished with it, just get distracted by other topics and new reveals.

I thought the 4th and 5th cone thing was interesting when the show brought it up. Could be that Grimms see into the ultraviolet and/or infrared. Still haven't quite figured out how that would allow them to see a partial woge when others can't though. Dodgy

I mean, back in my military days we used devices that allow you to see into infrared or very low light, but they didn't let you see things that others couldn't see in normal light. Through an infrared scope a tank is still a tank and anyone else would see the same thing in the visual spectrum.

well, that is two holes in their theory. I pointed out it seems to have more to do with the rods than the cones if it can be seen in black and white, and you are pointing out that even in other spectrums shape remains the same.

RE: Are female Grimm's more agressive than their male counterparts? - busyizzy - 03-02-2015

(03-02-2015, 12:41 PM)Samsarilian Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 10:19 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Naw, we aren't all finished with it, just get distracted by other topics and new reveals.

well, that is two holes in their theory. I pointed out it seems to have more to do with the rods than the cones if it can be seen in black and white, and you are pointing out that even in other spectrums shape remains the same.

Well, it would still work if the first/partial woge was only an aura. If I remember correctly, Monroe explained Wesen (I think it was to Juliette) as having a sort of beast spirit inside that could come out in part or in full. Many healers see auras, different colors or textures outlining a body. I have no problem with a partial woge being more of an aura-like woge and a full woge being a physical change. Then...a different way of seeing (as explained by rod or cone) could make sense. I just think the writers were very literal in "seeing things differently" meant it HAD to be something to do with the eye.