Grimm Forum
How would you get rid of Juliette? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: How would you get rid of Juliette? (/Thread-How-would-you-get-rid-of-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

How would you get rid of Juliette? - Belle - 05-08-2014

Thought of this question after seeing an online petition to have the Juliette character killed off. Now, I'm not even suggesting that Juliette needs to be killed off, but since she and Nick have basically zero chemistry and she's been stringing him along after turning down his proposal I'm left wondering what the best way to either get rid of her or get her away from Nick would be.
So...If it was up to you, how would you get rid of Juliette?

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - Monroe's Gal - 05-08-2014

(05-08-2014, 02:57 PM)Belle Wrote: Thought of this question after seeing an online petition to have the Juliette character killed off. Now, I'm not even suggesting that Juliette needs to be killed off, but since she and Nick have basically zero chemistry and she's been stringing him along after turning down his proposal I'm left wondering what the best way to either get rid of her or get her away from Nick would be.
So...If it was up to you, how would you get rid of Juliette?

Wow, I LOVE this question! I am really going to think about this before I suggest a solution. (Nothing personal, Juliette.)

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - wfmyers1207 - 05-08-2014

Hmm, now this is an interesting question. The season finale teaser seems to hint that something may happen between Nick and Juliette but it doesn't really give you any idea what. So, perhaps the writers are thinking in this direction as well.

I truly believe the character needs to go, she contributes nothing to the show at all. Just a piece of set dressing.

I think they sorta have to kill off Juliette if they intend to get rid of the character. Just having her and Nick break up would be rather lame and anti-climatic.

Of course she and Truble could realize they're lesbians.Big Grin

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - pale boy - 05-08-2014

:[[[

I ... wouldn't. Wouldn't kill her off. Couldn't. Don't want this to turn in an impassioned defense of Juliette -- as that'd be more appropriate in a separate thread -- but not having a horse in the "kill Juliette race" (I don't want her to leave), I can only offer a positive hypothetical to the initial post here:

Down in a blaze of glory, only to return from the dead changed for the awesome.

(Have I mentioned lately that I've always been a huge fan of a certain blue-haired goddess from Angel?)

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - grimmfreak - 05-08-2014

(05-08-2014, 06:49 PM)pale boy Wrote: :[[[

I ... wouldn't. Wouldn't kill her off. Couldn't. Don't want this to turn in an impassioned defense of Juliette -- as that'd be more appropriate in a separate thread -- but not having a horse in the "kill Juliette race" (I don't want her to leave), I can only offer a positive hypothetical to the initial post here:

Down in a blaze of glory, only to return from the dead changed for the awesome.

(Have I mentioned lately that I've always been a huge fan of a certain blue-haired goddess from Angel?)
Yeah, I loved that character... I too like Juliette as she is but such a twist would be interesting... I liked Fred as she was too but she was better post death.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 05-19-2014

I'm not in favor of killing Juliette, but I do think she needs to be written out of the main story line for a while. She's a vet, after all, and I'm sure she could very easily move from Portland to another city and set up another practice, or join an existing one. That way at some point in the future, Nick might need to come to her city she relocated to.

Right now, I predict the story line might be that Juliette sees the deGrimmed Nick as a chance to live their lives as she envisioned it prior to learning of his Grimm life, and that when Nick is presented with the opportunity of regaining his Grimm status, she gives him the ultimatum of having her or being a Grimm.

Yes, I'm ignoring the whole "by the way, Nick, we found a dead FBI agent as well as your Captain on the verge of death in your house" situation.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - Belle - 05-19-2014

Hmm...I think I would still kill her off. Nick had more chemistry with Juliette when she was Adalind than I've ever seen between them. I have to believe Juliette giving him grief for being a grimm is going to backfire, now that he's been stripped of his powers.

My money is on Nick getting his powers back quickly, Wu joining them in their adventures and then...I'm hoping something crazy happens where Nick has to kill Juliette for the greater good. Maybe something like a Wesen lays eggs inside her and she need to be "put down" before they hatch. Now that would make for some must see TV.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 05-19-2014

(05-19-2014, 07:40 AM)Belle Wrote: Hmm...I think I would still kill her off. Nick had more chemistry with Juliette when she was Adalind than I've ever seen between them. I have to believe Juliette giving him grief for being a grimm is going to backfire, now that he's been stripped of his powers.

My money is on Nick getting his powers back quickly, Wu joining them in their adventures and then...I'm hoping something crazy happens where Nick has to kill Juliette for the greater good. Maybe something like a Wesen lays eggs inside her and she need to be "put down" before they hatch. Now that would make for some must see TV.

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thought there was better chemistry. Bitsie Tulloch might be better suited for a dark-side character. And perhaps her 'session' with Nick, along with her maternal instincts, might make Adalind a candidate for the white hat gang. Well, assuming she can survive her meeting with Victor.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - TVer2014 - 05-31-2014

I totally agree! It would be so much nicer for Juliette to not be with Nick anymore. Adalind has SO much more chemistry with Nick than Juliette has. I'm not sure I'm in favor of bringing Adalind over to the "good guys" camp though; a lot of the viewing fun and spark between her and Nick comes from their adversarial roles.

RE: How would you get rid of Juliette? - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 06-01-2014

I would take her on a boat,
I would shove her in a moat.
I would put her in a box,
I would bind it with chains and locks.