Grimm Forum
S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt (/Thread-S3E12-The-Wild-Hunt)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - GrimmForum - 01-24-2014

Season 3 Episode 12
The Wild Hunt

[Image: ZFmvkePl.jpg]

Air Date: January 24, 2014
Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) investigate a cop killer who scalps his victims. Meanwhile, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) begins to communicate with Nick's mom via email and Adalind (Claire Coffee) finds herself much closer to delivering her baby than she previously thought. Elsewhere, Monroe's (Silas Weir Mitchell) parents (guest stars Dee Wallace and Chris Mulkey) decide to surprise him and Rosalee (Bree Turner) with an early arrival to Portland after learning some exciting news.

What did you all think of tonight's episode?

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - NorCalZombie - 01-24-2014

Ahh! To me this episode was kind of lacking. Seemed to drag along. The best parts, I feel, were the scenes with Monroe. And how can they just leave us hanging there. A month wait for a conclusion, the payoff better be worth it. Lol

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - grimmfreak - 01-24-2014

I loved this episode, best cliffhanger yet. Monroe's parents are perfectly horrid and I hope this new wessen lives up to his billing when he and nick face off

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - pale boy - 01-25-2014

Rosalee and Monroe: How is it that a show about monsters manages to get down all the little relationship cues down so right? Wink Character interactions are the best on this show. Also: doorbell rings unexpectedly? Must be Nick. Tongue

There was some movement on the Adalind/Royals/Resistance front too. The scalping storyline was nasty. In a good way. Since I watch Dracula right after this Grimm, one prepared me for the other, heh. It's going to be so great having Hannibal on in February after this show! And when I realized that the guy's scalp coat was oh-so-very "it puts the lotion on its skin", that actually made me laugh at how coincidental and Silence of the Lambs it was. (For those who aren't commercial watchers, NBC has been playing ads for Hannibal which starts up again on 28 February.)

Anyway, as a fan of more "old school" horror (as opposed to just senseless schlock-fest torture gorn like Saw and Hostel) I'm glad to see that Grimm is one of the shows bringing that back and making it gross and creepy again. Adalind's baby was the most horrifying thing I've seen in a while -- made even worse by the fact that, yes, babies really can press up against the skin like that. Not so extremely, but enough to uncomfortably remind anyone watching of Alien.

They've brought back a little more of the "Hank has varied interests" angle, which I liked. (I seem to remember him having an interest in antiques or artifacts way back in that Goldilocks-type episode.) It was cool seeing him recognize all those different languages. Little details ftw.

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - speakeasy - 01-25-2014

What fun, we get to wait a few weeks for the conclusion to this episode. But I enjoyed it, although I am one who winces at the spectacle of scalping and babies pressing to get out the wrong way. Always had an aversion to gore, but I love Grimm so dang much; a paradoxical perversity on my part. Big Grin

Monroe's parents are great and a good example of the older generation holding on to out-dated ideas of propriety and to old prejudices. But the happy couple'll bring 'em around. Laughed out loud when Monroe answered the door and said "crap" when Nick was standing there. Exclamation

This is a scary time for Adalind. So happy to see Stefania back; deliciously evil and btw, that little baby took on a skeletonish look in one scene so it doesn't auger well for its being a nice little wesen.

About to stage a protest march if we don't see more of Renard. But the bigger story is moving right along and we are finding out more about the Resistance, Viktor, etc., happy to see.

Bit of an overkill this time on the episode easter egg.

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - Abc10 - 01-25-2014

It was a great ep, as always, but I was so looking forward to see a good Grimm vs Blutbaden fight but then it turned out to be a cliffhanger! :'(

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - hot schade - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 09:34 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Always had an aversion to gore, but I love Grimm so dang much; a paradoxical perversity on my part. Big Grin

LOL! I always loved the gore, that is something i love about Grimm is that they are not worried about going there with the gore!Tongue I have to say that I was worried they were going to show the scalping and then the little girl in me would go and hide herself in the guy right beside me....sucks that im single Tongue

I really liked this eppy, we haven't been getting too much rosalee and monroe, so it was nice to see more of them in this one, and i admit i cringed at the spoiler of monroe's family, but they were good fun! and man are they annoying LOL! so, i really enjoyed that. and the ending LOL! nick really needs to call before he comes over, didn't he learn anything from season 1 LOL!

how did that wesen know that nick was a grimm before he even met him?? he must of gotten that photo from somewhere, i wonder if he is actually a hired gun, or maybe just another hitman that the royals sent after him and kinda forgot about. that pic was from season one, and that story was from season one, so he's been on nick's trail for a while. making his coat, making sure he was ready for nick, I wonder if he was the one who killed that grimm that monroe mentioned in the demon feur eppy. (i think i spelled that wrong LOL).

adalind and that baby, LOL! it keeps getting worse and she keeps rubbing that demonic blood concotion on her belly, what was she expecting?? that she was going to give birth to rainbows and sunshine.TongueConfused and what will that baby be, if it's sean's then isn't it like 1/3 human, does that baby inherit the hexenbeist in adalind after she looses her powers, or is that a mute point with all the demonic juju that she's been rubbing.

Quote:Not so extremely, but enough to uncomfortably remind anyone watching of Alien.

i know, that is what i was thinking as well, i was thinking that baby wants out and it doesn't care how it's going to do it, even if it has to do it Aliens style LOL!

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - speakeasy - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 02:51 PM)hot schade Wrote:
Quote: I really liked this eppy, we haven't been getting too much rosalee and monroe, so it was nice to see more of them in this one, and i admit i cringed at the spoiler of monroe's family, but they were good fun! and man are they annoying LOL! so, i really enjoyed that. and the ending LOL! nick really needs to call before he comes over, didn't he learn anything from season 1 LOL!

Yeppers. For a sharp Grimm, he's pretty thick about phoning ahead! Smile

adalind and that baby, LOL! it keeps getting worse and she keeps rubbing that demonic blood concotion on her belly, what was she expecting?? that she was going to give birth to rainbows and sunshine.TongueConfused and what will that baby be, if it's sean's then isn't it like 1/3 human, does that baby inherit the hexenbeist in adalind after she looses her powers, or is that a mute point with all the demonic juju that she's been rubbing.

Ha-ha. Someone should tell her to use cocoa butter if she's worried about stretch marks. Still-beating-hexenbiest-heart preparation in a jar is baaaaad mojo, mon! Big Grin

Quote:Not so extremely, but enough to uncomfortably remind anyone watching of Alien.

Quote: i know, that is what i was thinking as well, i was thinking that baby wants out and it doesn't care how it's going to do it, even if it has to do it Aliens style LOL!
[/quote]

Right, pale boy and hot schade. Knew that looked familiar.

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - NorCalZombie - 01-25-2014

(01-25-2014, 02:51 PM)hot schade Wrote: how did that wesen know that nick was a grimm before he even met him?? he must of gotten that photo from somewhere, i wonder if he is actually a hired gun, or maybe just another hitman that the royals sent after him and kinda forgot about. that pic was from season one, and that story was from season one, so he's been on nick's trail for a while. making his coat, making sure he was ready for nick, I wonder if he was the one who killed that grimm that monroe mentioned in the demon feur eppy. (i think i spelled that wrong LOL).

I personally think he doesn't know he's a Grimm. He was/is hunting his way to Nick, and wanting Nick to be his final scalp. Like he views Nick as a viable and worthy adversary.

RE: S3E12 - The Wild Hunt - Gretel Hanselsister - 01-26-2014

This was a cool episode, I’m not happy about four grimmless weekends to come.

Did anyone think the wrong way, as Monroe and Rosalee were talking about their “first time”, she with her brother and he with his mother? Because I did Blush Big Grin

Did they have to put that scalp-scene right behind that cute cukoo-clock scene with the “will-you-marry-me” tone? Angry

So Gregor Danilov, head of the Verrat, should find out if Adalind’s child is Sean’s. I bet he will try to get a blood sample or something from Sean. On the other side, Sean is worried in some way Victor could do something to Adalind and let Meisner prevent it. This is going to be interesting.

Adalinds baby: is it in her womb or directly under her skin? Confused The head once looked like a normal baby’s head and once as a scull. Is it already able to woge inside? Creeeepy!

Kelly Burkhardt mails with Juliette, I’m glad to hear she’s alive. Her email-address is cool: “bheadr…” Big Grin

[Image: kellymailswsfq.jpg]

What did Rosalee do to the poor Bratwurst (= fried sausage)?! Isn’t it supposed to be fried and not to be cooked? Tongue

Our new Wesen, the “Wildesheer”, German “Wilde Jagd”, is exactly the episode title “Wild Hunt”
[Image: s3e12wildejagddesb9.jpg]
And I agree with @"hot schade", he’s getting ready for Nick, I believe someone hired him to kill a very dangerous Grimm.