Grimm Forum
When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? (/Thread-When-Juliette-helped-Nick-get-his-Grimm-back-did-it-also-meet-her-need-to-hunt-Wesen)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - dicappatore - 01-19-2019

Giving credit to FaceinTheCrowd for this one. Whom else thinks Julette's reasoning to help Nick get his Grimm back was twofold. With his Grimm back he would be happy and she wold get her fill of the addiction she developed in hunting down evil Wesen?

RE: When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - Hell Rell - 01-19-2019

Juliette seemed to have two reasons based on the events of 4x05. She realized that Monroe and Rosalee we're in dire need of his help which is just one example of all the people that would be harmed if he's not a Grimm. The other reason was based on the conversation Bud had with Trubel which meant that Nick was now more vulnerable not being a Grimm. His life wouldn't be any safer and wesen who had a grudge against him would now not be afraid to target him. It's a good thing Trubel was around and she proved to be enough of a deterrent for some wesen who were planning on going after Nick.

I don't think Juliette had an addiction. I just think she liked being included and wanted to help where she could but she didn't appear to have an overwhelming need to do it.

RE: When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - brandon - 01-21-2019

I do not see that there was any addiction in her, Juliette decided to help her friends and saw that Nick was more in danger not being a "GRIMM".
Even if had that change later,-"Hexenbiest"- had to accept it. Real life is not fair.

RE: When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - eric - 01-21-2019

(01-19-2019, 04:29 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Juliette seemed to have two reasons based on the events of 4x05. She realized that Monroe and Rosalee we're in dire need of his help which is just one example of all the people that would be harmed if he's not a Grimm. The other reason was based on the conversation Bud had with Trubel which meant that Nick was now more vulnerable not being a Grimm. His life wouldn't be any safer and wesen who had a grudge against him would now not be afraid to target him. It's a good thing Trubel was around and she proved to be enough of a deterrent for some wesen who were planning on going after Nick.

I don't think Juliette had an addiction. I just think she liked being included and wanted to help where she could but she didn't appear to have an overwhelming need to do it.
I am not sure why saving some friends and protecting the one you love would be considered an addiction. If Juliette had not done that and just left all of them in peril it would have meant she suffered from severe emotional detachment and was willing for three persons she loved die. Unknown side effects were not her fault.

RE: When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - dicappatore - 01-21-2019

(01-21-2019, 02:06 PM)eric Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 04:29 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Juliette seemed to have two reasons based on the events of 4x05. She realized that Monroe and Rosalee we're in dire need of his help which is just one example of all the people that would be harmed if he's not a Grimm. The other reason was based on the conversation Bud had with Trubel which meant that Nick was now more vulnerable not being a Grimm. His life wouldn't be any safer and wesen who had a grudge against him would now not be afraid to target him. It's a good thing Trubel was around and she proved to be enough of a deterrent for some wesen who were planning on going after Nick.

I am not sure why saving some friends and protecting the one you love would be considered an addiction. If Juliette had not done that and just left all of them in peril it would have meant she suffered from severe emotional detachment and was willing for three persons she loved die. Unknown side effects were not her fault.

Ok, maybe in the description I stated "addiction" might be too strong of a word. As I posted on the original thread, my question was more geared to her wanting to be part of that world her man and her, now best friends, Rosalee & Monroe and not losing it.

Let me clarify it as such;
How much of Juliette's motivation to get Nick his Grimm back. also included her not wanting to loose her involvement to hunt down bad Wesen

RE: When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - eric - 01-22-2019

(01-21-2019, 02:46 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

Ok, maybe in the description I stated "addiction" might be too strong of a word. As I posted on the original thread, my question was more geared to her wanting to be part of that world her man and her, now best friends, Rosalee & Monroe and not losing it.

How much of Juliette's motivation to get Nick his Grimm back. also included her not wanting to loose her involvement to hunt down bad Wesen
Okay, so now wanting to stop killers is a bad thing? The gang was not shown hunting down good wessen, only those who were a threat to humans and law abiding wessen. If a bunch of rattlesnakes show up on your front lawn, do you ignore them or try to stop them from biting all the toddlers in the neighborhood?

RE: When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - brandon - 01-22-2019

but I do not consider it an addiction, it would be more of a moral duty.

When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - dicappatore - 01-22-2019

(01-22-2019, 09:01 AM)eric Wrote:

Okay,The gang was not shown hunting down good wessen, only those who were a threat to humans and law abiding wessen. If a bunch of rattlesnakes show up on your front lawn, do you ignore them or try to stop them from biting all the toddlers in the neighborhood?

I don't get your reply. Isn't that what I was saying? When did I say it was a bad thing to kill "Bad" Wesen. Remember, this took place before she went evil. This was the "good Juliette". This is the Juliette I preferred that we saw in the beginning of S3.

If Juliette did not agree to do the deed to get Nick his Grimm back, they would probably have to move to another city. Not too safe for an Ex-Grimm to be around Wesen he put away and killed. He would be just another cop in another city and she would go back to being a mundane Vet with the occasional excitement of a cat scratch.

This is why I posed this question. I never had any issues with Nick & Company to kill and put away criminal Wesen, why would I object to Juliette helping him to do the same.

I don't know what you are trying to say with your comment:

Quote: so now wanting to stop killers is a bad thing?

My question still stands, How much of her motivation to do what she had to do the get the Grimm back into Nick was motivated by getting her, back into hunting bad Wesen, as a good thing, not a bad thing.

(01-22-2019, 10:26 AM)brandon Wrote: but I do not consider it an addiction, it would be more of a moral duty.

Moral duty as a motivator? Sure, that is one type of motivation. The point I am trying to make is. It was not just in her interest to help Nick get his Grimm back, she had some skin in the game for herself.

RE: When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - eric - 01-23-2019

(01-22-2019, 09:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(01-22-2019, 09:01 AM)eric Wrote:

Okay,The gang was not shown hunting down good wessen, only those who were a threat to humans and law abiding wessen. If a bunch of rattlesnakes show up on your front lawn, do you ignore them or try to stop them from biting all the toddlers in the neighborhood?

I don't get your reply. Isn't that what I was saying? When did I say it was a bad thing to kill "Bad" Wesen. Remember, this took place before she went evil. This was the "good Juliette". This is the Juliette I preferred that we saw in the beginning of S3.

If Juliette did not agree to do the deed to get Nick his Grimm back, they would probably have to move to another city. Not too safe for an Ex-Grimm to be around Wesen he put away and killed. He would be just another cop in another city and she would go back to being a mundane Vet with the occasional excitement of a cat scratch.

This is why I posed this question. I never had any issues with Nick & Company to kill and put away criminal Wesen, why would I object to Juliette helping him to do the same.

I don't know what you are trying to say with your comment:

Quote: so now wanting to stop killers is a bad thing?

My question still stands, How much of her motivation to do what she had to do the get the Grimm back into Nick was motivated by getting her, back into hunting bad Wesen, as a good thing, not a bad thing.

(01-22-2019, 10:26 AM)brandon Wrote: but I do not consider it an addiction, it would be more of a moral duty.

Moral duty as a motivator? Sure, that is one type of motivation. The point I am trying to make is. It was not just in her interest to help Nick get his Grimm back, she had some skin in the game for herself.
I may be wrong, but you seem to be saying that "having some skin in the game" in hunting down killers is a bad, less noble or shameful motivation. Why? Does anyone have a single motive in anything they do? Wanting to save some friends, protect her boyfriend, and along with the satisfaction and thrill of helping to serve and protect the innocent may be seen as an unworthy combination of motives, less pure combined with more noble motivations, but if fewer killers are out there, I seen no problem with having several reasons to do an action.

When Juliette helped Nick get his Grimm back did it also meet her need to hunt Wesen? - dicappatore - 01-23-2019

(01-23-2019, 08:50 AM)eric Wrote: I may be wrong, but you seem to be saying that "having some skin in the game" in hunting down killers is a bad, less noble or shameful motivation. Why? Does anyone have a single motive in anything they do? Wanting to save some friends, protect her boyfriend, and along with the satisfaction and thrill of helping to serve and protect the innocent may be seen as an unworthy combination of motives, less pure combined with more noble motivations, but if fewer killers are out there, I seen no problem with having several reasons to do an action.

Your emphasis is completely off from my intentions. My bias against Juliette is well known but this thread is not pointed at the evil Juliette or the killer Juliette or the good Juliette. I am not the one saying;

Quote:having some skin in the game" in hunting down killers is a bad, less noble or shameful motivation.
It is a lot more simple.

I am trying to explore all the controversy of who's fault it was that turned Juliette into a Hex. Some blame Nick, some others blame her. I'm from the camp, since no one forced her or tricked her into getting Nick his Grimm back, they were both to blame with more emphasis on Juliette,

When I apply the term, she had also some skin in the game, I was referring to her motivation to go along with the plan and continue to be involved in a more exciting life of a scoobie, instead of just becoming a mundane Vet living with a cop. Giving more weight in why she chose to get Nick his Grimm back.