Grimm Forum
‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Shows (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Shows)
+---- Forum: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Agents-of-S-H-I-E-L-D)
+---- Thread: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC (/Thread-%E2%80%98Marvel%E2%80%99s-Agents-Of-S-H-I-E-L-D-%E2%80%99-Moving-To-Summer-On-ABC)

‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - WispyWillow - 05-15-2018

http://deadline.com/2018/05/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-moving-summer-2019-abc-1202391470/

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - Hell Rell - 05-15-2018

This makes a lot of sense. It means that it will premiere after the release of Avengers 4 which is probably necessary.

AoS will actually make it into Phase 4. I never expected that would happen.

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - irukandji - 05-25-2018

I watched the season finale last night on demand. I was surprised to see Fitz die, but then after all of the carnage, it doesn't make sense all of the agents would live to see season six. I was wondering if Coulson will return for season 6. He left alone and yet was on Tahiti with May. Could that have been an implanted memory?

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - Hell Rell - 05-26-2018

I can't say I was sure but I thought Fitz would die if anyone were to go. I was thinking that ever since he was frozen by Enoch to wake up in 74 years. There was an extra Fitz out there so I figured this one was expendable. It also gives them an excuse to go cosmic next year in their search for him.

The major differences between this Fitz and the one that died will be him not having any idea what happened in the future with Kasius and Sinara and how they saved the world once they returned to the present. A big plus is that Fitz didn't torture Daisy.

The Coulson and May being in Tahiti part was real. They didn't get the word on renewal until close to the finale so I believe it was written as a possible series finale and they thought that was a great shot to end it on.

On the other hand, some things were left for next season such as the letter Coulson left for Daisy. There has to be more to it. I almost expected him to write her a recommendation to join the Avengers.

Speaking of which, Thanos hasn't finished his attack during this episode. It was all over the news in the previous episode. It's too bad he went nuts because Graviton really could've been a huge asset in that battle.

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - GrimmForum - 05-30-2018

Death isn't forever in that universe, so maybe we'll see Fitz again. Those are some interesting observations Hell Rell. Following up on your other post about Infinity War, something is going to happen in the next movie that will bring characters back, so who knows, maybe Fitz could come back under the same circumstances.

We did see that the infinity stones are capable of bringing life back, in the case of Vision. Or as dicappatore mentioned, maybe a time sequence change.

But of the original characters, Fitz was the most dispensable.

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - Hell Rell - 05-30-2018

The events of Avengers aren't needed for Fitz to come back. The Fitz that we saw die will stay dead. The Fitz we see next year will be the one we saw frozen in 5x05. Enoch has been guarding him in space and was waiting to wake him up far into the future.

To help explain, the other agents ended up in the future by going through the monolith. Their bodies in the present were physically transported through time. However, Fitz's body didn't get transported so he needed to be frozen. Therefore, his physical body remained in the present. Technically, there were two of Fitz in the universe. The one that traveled back to the present and the one that was already frozen. We already know it's possible to have two of the same character in the universe since Yo-Yo met her future self.

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - GrimmForum - 05-30-2018

I see, that makes sense. But wouldn't Fitz have to stay frozen so not to alter the existing timeline where Fitz is unfrozen in the future to assist the Shield Agents?

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - FaceInTheCrowd - 05-30-2018

They've already rewritten the existing timeline so that the Earth isn't destroyed, so that future already isn't going to happen...I think.

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - GrimmForum - 06-02-2018

That makes sense, thanks for clarifying! Maybe that's why Fritz was never sent to the future with the rest of the gang. So with the way the episode ended up, does it mean Yo-Yo and Simmons aren't invincible?

RE: ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Moving To Summer On ABC - Hell Rell - 06-02-2018

That's what it means. The future was changed so they can die at any time now like Fitz did.

I'll try to make more sense of the timeline. They returned from the future after Fitz was frozen. That means everything until then remained the same. It could even be said that the timeline was still the same until Coulson gave Daisy the Centipede serum because the shot of her going towards the battle with Graviton was exactly the same as the one they saw in he future. Fitz deciding to save Mack and Polly knowing they didn't survive that day was the other change.

I think we can deduce exactly how Earth was going to be cracked apart now. In the loop, Coulson took the serum instead of giving it to Daisy. Talbot was going to absorb Daisy so he could use her powers to reach the Gravitonium under Earth's surface faster so he would be able to take on Thanos. She would've been absorbed without it because she couldn't heal herself using the serum. Also, those regenerative properties most likely let her use her powers to their fullest without any drawbacks.

Daisy was blamed in the future but it was really Talbot who quaked the planet apart. He did so using Daisy's powers and she was last seen minutes before it happened so everyone thought she was the one responsible. Daisy also told Kasius's father she was Quake, Destroyer of Worlds, in their interaction which is how she got that title in the future along with that being the name of the project.