Grimm Forum
Did the Grimm writers make Nick to reliant on others - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did the Grimm writers make Nick to reliant on others (/Thread-Did-the-Grimm-writers-make-Nick-to-reliant-on-others)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Did the Grimm writers make Nick to reliant on others - dicappatore - 04-16-2018

(04-16-2018, 10:30 AM)eric Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 10:03 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 06:29 AM)eric Wrote: I would rather listen to a band with many musicians rather than just one(a few exceptions apply). Same with Grimm, the more people helping the Grimm to defeat the evil wessen and royals the better. In real life we all depend on others to help us plan and move forward. When they got the books from Uncle Felix both Nick and Truble saw many new wessen, that info could be of help in the future. Monroe provided information about the wessen world and different types of wessen, Rosalee had great spell and potions books-that apparently she had read and remembered. If Nick did not have his crew, who all knew more about some subjects than him, the show would have been a lot less interesting and probably would not have lasted as long as it did.

Given the success of Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Agents of Shields, just to name a few, how can anyone disagree with eric. My complaint wasn't with the gang or Juliette and how he dependent on them.

If some took the time to read my whole post with objectivity, stop for a few minutes and wake up to the fact that the show was more about Nick, instead of just focusing on what I wrote about Juliette. One would see that my complaint of Season 2 wasn't so much about Juliette and her treatment of Nick.

My main complaint was how he, Nick, lacked the backbone of standing up for himself, to her as a man, instead of a cuckold Grimm.
Not having seen any of the above shows(work schedule is a mess), do those shows have a supporting cast or not? I remember the Superman series on TV, the main character had to carry all the action himself. I also remember that the actor was so type cast he couldn't find any more work and killed himself.

Well IMO, Arrow and Flash definitely have a supporting characters. AoS and LoT, to me, seem more like they are all more of a support group for each other. Less of a central character and more of a shared central figures.

RE: Did the Grimm writers make Nick to reliant on others - brandon - 04-20-2018

I think so,the just started as a "GRIMM"and he did not have anyone to help him with the books.

RE: Did the Grimm writers make Nick to reliant on others - brandon - 04-27-2018

If it were not for Rosalee, Nick would have killed Adalind-literally-.
Sean said he had underestimated the "GRIMM",but he did not know who Nick's friends were

RE: Did the Grimm writers make Nick to reliant on others - Zansy - 04-27-2018

Why wouldn't they make him reliant on others? He's a Grimm, not a robot. Needing to rely on his friends to help him makes him relatable. If he always knew what to do and when to do it, it'd get dull very, very quickly.
But I say that as someone who cannot cope with watching shows that focus solely on their protagonist. I like team efforts.