Grimm Forum
Grimm (2011- 2017) - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Grimm (2011- 2017) (/Thread-Grimm-2011-2017)

Pages: 1 2 3

Grimm (2011- 2017) - WispyWillow - 03-31-2018

Grimm commemoration (Oct 28 2011 - Mar 31 2017)

[Image: 20120121-grimm4.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkys_V_9pmv3PxM4vugPQ...Ua20L9Smbg]

bud - "bravery isn't in our nature"

nick - "Even after you knew what I was, you still came to my house, fixed my
door, brought me pie and a quilt, and that took guts."

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/v...74&t=14628

2011 reviews
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/grimm-tv-review-252273
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/arts/television/grimm-on-nbc-and-once-upon-a-time-on-abc-review.html
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2011/10/27/grimm-pilot-review

finale trailer
https://youtu.be/Rl46xFvV6S8

RE: Grimm (2011- 2017) - eric - 04-01-2018

Interesting first views of the show. Once Upon a Time has lasted longer, but I quit watching after a few episodes-time jumps back and forth made no sense to me. If you had asked the reviewers, I am sure most would have given it 2-3 seasons.

RE: Grimm (2011- 2017) - syscrash - 04-01-2018

What I think is funny is how people complain about the characters on Grimm going from good to bad and bad to good. So many comments complain about how the characters should never bee forgiven. Compare this with Once upon a time. On that show almost every character has gone from Evil to good or from good to evil. Many have betrayed family and friends. They have even caused the death of family and friends. Even if a few episodes later the writers find a way to resurrect them. Even with old this you do not get the same condemnation for the once upon a time characters that you get about the Grimm characters.

RE: Grimm (2011- 2017) - rpmaluki - 04-01-2018

Once Upon a Time and Grimm were nothing alike in premise or execution. The former hinged on the whole "true love" precept around fairy tales while Grimm was...well grimm, for the most past. Any kind of betrayal on OUAT was practically guaranteed to be reversed, it was simply a question of when, nothing was ever written to stick and I stopped watching that show after they killed Baelfire/Neal (who I felt got in the way of writers hooking Emma up with Hook so they got rid of him), the whole reason for Mr Gold's entire arc in S1 and S2, basically why the show ever came to existence. I quit OUAT after two seasons (despite liking some characters), I stuck with Grimm until the very end and miss it terribly (despite disliking some characters).

RE: Grimm (2011- 2017) - dicappatore - 04-01-2018

(04-01-2018, 11:27 AM)syscrash Wrote: What I think is funny is how people complain about the characters on Grimm going from good to bad and bad to good. So many comments complain about how the characters should never bee forgiven. Compare this with Once upon a time. On that show almost every character has gone from Evil to good or from good to evil. Many have betrayed family and friends. They have even caused the death of family and friends. Even if a few episodes later the writers find a way to resurrect them. Even with old this you do not get the same condemnation for the once upon a time characters that you get about the Grimm characters.

You seem to confuse the meaning of atonement which what 2 of the characters in Grimm lacked, such as Sean and Juliette. as for OUaT. I watched it for a few seasons and it got boring and to me. The evil queen was much hotter looking woman than the fair princes, especially when she got the short hair cut look. The Rumple guy so flocking annoying, I was hoping the next scene someone would kill him. Then I saw why the Emma character actress left House. She got to star on her own series.

RE: Grimm (2011- 2017) - Hell Rell - 04-01-2018

(04-01-2018, 12:31 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Once Upon a Time and Grimm were nothing alike in premise or execution. The former hinged on the whole "true love" precept around fairy tales while Grimm was...well grimm, for the most past. Any kind of betrayal on OUAT was practically guaranteed to be reversed, it was simply a question of when, nothing was ever written to stick and I stopped watching that show after they killed Baelfire/Neal (who I felt got in the way of writers hooking Emma up with Hook so they got rid of him), the whole reason for Mr Gold's entire arc in S1 and S2, basically why the show ever came to existence. I quit OUAT after two seasons (despite liking some characters), I stuck with Grimm until the very end and miss it terribly (despite disliking some characters).

I really liked OUaT for the first few seasons although season 1 was clearly superior to anything that came after it. Only the first half of season and the second half of season 3 even came close.

I was a fan but I would never deny OUaT was way too forgiving even for a fairy tale show. If anything, the characters on that show were even more despicable than the ones on Grimm. Regina is a mass murderer and a rapist, not to mention her tearing families apart for 28 years and robbing people of their identities, and Rumplestiltskin ruined countless lives for centuries but the audience was expected to get angry at anyone who didn't give them several chances. In the case of Regina, characters seemed to be demonized and they didn't see how wonderful she is now.

I liked young Baelfire and was indifferent to Neal but it was clear they screwed up with him. He was absolutely a victim of shipping because it was clear he died to clear the way for Hook. Hook was an awful character and the increase of his importance to show helped doom it. There was nothing interesting about him and he was just kept on the show to be Emma's true love which made absolutely no sense.

(04-01-2018, 06:03 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Then I saw why the Emma character actress left House. She got to star on her own series.

Actually, she was written out of the show. It wasn't until a year later she got cast as the star of OUAT. She first became a recurring character on HIMYM. She was the only member of the original cast that was essentially let go. It caused quite the stir when it happened because it came out of nowhere.

Things turned out for the best though. Other than getting cast for House, getting let go from House was the best thing to happen for her career. She probably would've been on the sinking ship that was House had she not been let go and she wouldn't have been available to get cast as the lead in OUAT. She might have left House but she was probably making more money from House than she did for the first season of OUAT even as the star.

RE: Grimm (2011- 2017) - rpmaluki - 04-01-2018

(04-01-2018, 06:41 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-01-2018, 12:31 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Once Upon a Time and Grimm were nothing alike in premise or execution. The former hinged on the whole "true love" precept around fairy tales while Grimm was...well grimm, for the most past. Any kind of betrayal on OUAT was practically guaranteed to be reversed, it was simply a question of when, nothing was ever written to stick and I stopped watching that show after they killed Baelfire/Neal (who I felt got in the way of writers hooking Emma up with Hook so they got rid of him), the whole reason for Mr Gold's entire arc in S1 and S2, basically why the show ever came to existence. I quit OUAT after two seasons (despite liking some characters), I stuck with Grimm until the very end and miss it terribly (despite disliking some characters).

I really liked OUaT for the first few seasons although season 1 was clearly superior to anything that came after it. Only the first half of season and the second half of season 3 even came close.

I was a fan but I would never deny OUaT was way too forgiving even for a fairy tale show. If anything, the characters on that show were even more despicable than the ones on Grimm. Regina is a mass murderer and a rapist, not to mention her tearing families apart for 28 years and robbing people of their identities, and Rumplestiltskin ruined countless lives for centuries but the audience was expected to get angry at anyone who didn't give them several chances. In the case of Regina, characters seemed to be demonized and they didn't see how wonderful she is now.

I liked young Baelfire and was indifferent to Neal but it was clear they screwed up with him. He was absolutely a victim of shipping because it was clear he died to clear the way for Hook. Hook was an awful character and the increase of his importance to show helped doom it. There was nothing interesting about him and he was just kept on the show to be Emma's true love which made absolutely no sense.

(04-01-2018, 06:03 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Then I saw why the Emma character actress left House. She got to star on her own series.

Actually, she was written out of the show. It wasn't until a year later she got cast as the star of OUAT. She first became a recurring character on HIMYM. She was the only member of the original cast that was essentially let go. It caused quite the stir when it happened because it came out of nowhere.

Things turned out for the best though. Other than getting cast for House, getting let go from House was the best thing to happen for her career. She probably would've been on the sinking ship that was House had she not been let go and she wouldn't have been available to get cast as the lead in OUAT. She might have left House but she was probably making more money from House than she did for the first season of OUAT even as the star.
You're absolutely correct about people being more forgiving on that show, both characters and viewers but that's due to the writers making light of the characters' misdeeds to serve a plot. To them, it didn't matter that Regina and Mr Gold were despicable characters, perhaps the one common thread between OUAT and (to an extent) Grimm, and even other shows (Arrow comes to mind) is how the popularity of certain characters has often changed the course of the show.

I know what you mean about Arrow. Oliver's own darkness leads him to team up with people such as Slade Wilson and Malcolm Merlyn.

The problem is these types of characters are usually the most interesting. Meryln, Wilson, Regina, and Rumple are probably the most interesting and maybe even best-acted characters from the shows. From an entertainment standpoint, keeping them around is probably the right call to make. Renard and Adalind may fit into this category as well. I know Adalind wasn't initially a regular and I tend to believe that Renard's role was tinkered with as well after the first season.

RE: Grimm (2011- 2017) - syscrash - 04-01-2018

And again you people prove my point about the difference between the people who watch and discuses OUaT and the people who discuses Grimm. Your comments only criticize the actions without any consideration of the reason or intent. Like GOT in OUaT the writers are making point. OUaT is written on a much deeper level then Grimm. It does not reach the level of GOT but it has a lot of meaning. Grimm also has a certain amount of subtext written but at a much shallower level the OUaT and GOT. But even as superficial it is you people still don't get it. You only see the events without seeing the writers intent. It is obvious why you only watched a few season of OUaT. What I also find funny, is in the later seasons of Grimm the writing became more about concepts. It is the later season that a lot seem not to like. I see that as people not getting the concepts. The Juliette becoming Eve concept is an obvious one that many do not get. I have heard everything from if Juliette is dead how can she be Eve. I have also heard the idea of Eve is a resurrected Juliette that was then brain washed. I have also heard the explanation of Eve is hiding behind being Eve to not accept responsibility. When in fact the Juliette to Eve is more a commentary on the difference between wesen and humans and what makes us us. I am sure I will get a lot of comments about how I am wrong and people parts of the show to an prove the point. I wonder if the more this type of criticism only proves my point of the lack of ability to get it.

I would suggest sticking with the first few season of Grimm, they stuck to a very simplistic method of story telling. That is why there is very little condemnation of what was going on. It was season two when the writers wrote in the Juliette with the memory lost, that people first started to show deeper thought was not something they where capable of. That who storyline was very interesting if you have the capacity to get it.

(04-01-2018, 08:50 PM)syscrash Wrote: And again you people prove my point about the difference between the people who watch and discuses OUaT and the people who discuses Grimm. Your comments only criticize the actions without any consideration of the reason or intent. Like GOT in OUaT the writers are making point. OUaT is written on a much deeper level then Grimm. It does not reach the level of GOT but it has a lot of meaning. Grimm also has a certain amount of subtext written but at a much shallower level the OUaT and GOT. But even as supfical it is you people still don't get it. You only see the events without seeing the writers intent. It is obvious why you only watched a few season of OUaT.

I try to look at intent as well. I watched six seasons of OUAT and all of GoT. I'm judging what I saw on the screen and the later seasons were far inferior to the earlier seasons. I think the writers' intent has utterly destroyed characters and therefore the show. You already know how I feel about their intents for characters such as Tyrion, Sansa, Littlefinger and others.

Speaking of GoT, I'll say this with complete sincerity. Over the last three seasons, Grimm wasn't any less complex than GoT. That show is as shallow as any I've watched. Agents of Shield comes to mind when I want to watch interesting characters who are complex while telling an interesting story.