Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-26-2022

The first time Rosalee contacted the council, she told Monroe that her father had had an "uneasy alliance" with them, and both she and Monroe seemed very reluctant about making the call. I don't think she was afraid the council wouldn't be interested, but rather that once she called them she'd never be able to go back to avoiding them again.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 01-26-2022

Yet Rosalee accepted the responsibility. Her reluctance at that point becomes a moot point.

Not sure how much of a choice Rosalee had once Alexander started knocking on their door whenever he was in town.

The wesen council isn't going to murder her if she says she's reluctant to take on the role of contact.

They decided to kill Nick because he wouldn't look the other way when their bounty hunter came to Portland. If the whole basis of their power in the wesen community was fear of what they would do if not obeyed, they'd have to do something nasty to anyone who refused their "requests."

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 01-26-2022

(01-26-2022, 09:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: Why wouldn't the council care about Rosalee or what she has to say?
As usual, I guess you missed the part of how Rasalee not only took over her father's spice shop but also the Council's eyes and ears and his direct line to the Council. 

I guess you also must have missed the many calls/reports she made to the council, prior to their demise.  The rest of us didn't. 

You sure you were watching the TV Show Grimm???  Or just listening to its great musical score, while.....? (Click link below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6MuFaVzE24

The difference between Rosalee and Nick here is that Nick was a Grimm, and from what we saw of the episodes, he was looked upon as the enemy. Rosalee was a wesen, and a member of the family who had served the wesen council. Aside from that, Nick didn't fear them.

I would have to continue to disagree with Rosalee not contacting the council about Juliette. I don't believe Rosalee would have to see Juliette woge in public before she could contact them. Her word should be good enough to let them know of the danger Juliette posed.

For that matter, I wonder why Rosalee never contacted them about Adalind, and furthermore, Diana.

It sounds to me as if you think the council cared about protecting the public from dangerous wesen. They never did.

None of the people you cite were an imminent threat to expose the existence of wesen. And there was a grimm there to deal with them.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 01-27-2022

And you're acting as though Nick should have been petrified with fright because the wesen council sent a bounty hunter to Portland. They're a council, and there are at least 15 of them according to the picture in wiki. So are 16 wesen, which includes DeGroot, really needed to enforce the one and only law that they ever enforce? I don't know, perhaps it makes sense to you, but to me that seems a little on the redundant side.

The truth is we don't know what they did or how many laws they enforced. I would find them an odd bunch if they're not interested in a rogue hexenbiest who's causing trouble in Portland, especially when part of the trouble involves one of their own contacts. I assumed there was some special quality about Rosalee's family that enabled them to be contacts, and so if any one of them was targeted, the wesen council would do something about it.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-27-2022

Nick was never frightened by the council. At best, they were an occasionally useful last resort when he ran into a wesen he couldn't arrest but wasn't willing to take action against outside the law, at worst they were troublemakers who interfered with cases he believed he could handle on his own. It was the wesen who feared the council.

The council enforced the law called Gesetzbuch Ehrenkodex, which forbade wesen from woging in public (except for a loophole that allowed it if witnesses were going to believe it was fake). They were also willing to send someone to steal wesen artifacts (like mummies) that would expose the existence of wesen to the general public. If there were any other laws they were supposed to enforce, they slacked on them, because they never showed up for any other reason. As for coming to the aid of their contacts, they couldn't even defend themselves in their own meeting room.

My guess is that after BC went down, if a new council tried to reform it would have a hard row to hoe convincing the wesen community that it would be better at protecting them than the last council, which had turned out to be pretty useless in a real crisis.