Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-28-2018

My guess is that Adalind believed that BC was too powerful for Nick to be able to fight, but that he would fight them anyway and end up getting killed and BC would take her and the kids anyway. So giving in to Bonaparte's demand was her way of trying to save Nick.

If that doesn't make sense to you, keep in mind that no plan of Adalind's was ever very well thought out and all of them eventually backfired on her. So the fact that Nick didn't end up getting killed by BC as a result of this one represented an unprecedented level of success for her.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Henry of green - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 03:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: So then it could be theoried that Adalind didn't believe Nick could protect her from Bonaparte.

(10-28-2018, 02:46 PM)Henry of green Wrote: You are clearly incredibly bias agianst Adalind as usual she didn’t chose Renards side she chose to try and protect her daughter, would you prefer she just left Diania to be controlled by BC and Renard.

No, I would prefer she go to Nick and ask for his help. After all, what I've been reading is that she's loyal to Nick.

How exactly could she go for his help BC and Renard had Diania Boneparte threatened her children and Diania was literally begging her mommy to come to the mansion all this happens in the same day and she made a emotional descsion to go to her daughter. She leaves Nicks a letter stating she thinks she’s protecting her children and him. Is it the perfect decision no but it’s the one she feels will protect them all including Nick.

You can certainly say she chose her daughter over Nick, as any mother should however to say she chose Renards side over Nicks is utter nonsense considering she’s one of the main reasons Renard never became proper Mayor and you know it.

(10-28-2018, 03:26 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: My guess is that Adalind believed that BC was too powerful for Nick to be able to fight, but that he would fight them anyway and end up getting killed and BC would take her and the kids anyway. So giving in to Bonaparte's demand was her way of trying to save Nick.

If that doesn't make sense to you, keep in mind that no plan of Adalind's was ever very well thought out and all of them eventually backfired on her. So the fact that Nick didn't end up getting killed by BC as a result of this one represented an unprecedented level of success for her.

I agree face she even states this to Nick in the letter by saying I have to protect you the show put that line there for a reason.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 03:31 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: No, I would prefer she go to Nick and ask for his help. After all, what I've been reading is that she's loyal to Nick.

How exactly could she go for his help BC and Renard had Diania Boneparte threatened her children and Diania was literally begging her mommy to come to the mansion all this happens in the same day and she made a emotional descsion to go to her daughter. She leaves Nicks a letter stating she thinks she’s protecting her children and him. Is it the perfect decision no but it’s the one she feels will protect them all including Nick.

You can certainly say she chose her daughter over Nick, as any mother should however to say she chose Renards side over Nicks is utter nonsense considering she’s one of the main reasons Renard never became proper Mayor and you know it.

I don't think Adalind went to BC, thinking it was a way to protect Nick. She knows Nick and knows he isn't going to stand by and let it all happen. I think she felt he was going to die and that was going to happen whether she stayed with him or went to BC.

My thought behind this is that Adalind was thinking of herself and her children. She took Kelly to BC to protect him. She knew she was important to them so she went as well.

If Nick had died, Adalind would simply have stayed with Renard.

(10-28-2018, 03:38 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:31 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: No, I would prefer she go to Nick and ask for his help. After all, what I've been reading is that she's loyal to Nick.

I don't think Adalind went to BC, thinking it was a way to protect Nick. She knows Nick and knows he isn't going to stand by and let it all happen. I think she felt he was going to die and that was going to happen whether she stayed with him or went to BC.

My thought behind this is that Adalind was thinking of herself and her children. She went to BC to protect them. She knew she was important to them so she went as well.

If Nick had died, Adalind would simply have stayed with Renard.

You can think what you want but your once agian ignoring the show as she states she was protecting nick as well end of story nothing further to debate.

How would she have stayed with Renard she had that option and rusfused it outright.

Claire coffee also give numerous interviews claim she was protecting her children and they were her main priority but she was also trying to protect Nick and all she wanted was to return to him and rise a family. She also stated Adalind wanted absolutely nothing to do with BC but felt like she didn’t have an option as they had Diania.

(10-28-2018, 03:47 PM)Henry of green Wrote: You can think what you want but your once agian ignoring the show as she states she was protecting nick as well end of story nothing further to debate.

How would she have stayed with Renard she had that option and rusfused it outright.

Claire coffee also give numerous interviews claim she was protecting he but she was also trying to protect Nick.

Where would Adalind go if Nick had died?

(10-28-2018, 03:50 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 03:47 PM)Henry of green Wrote: You can think what you want but your once agian ignoring the show as she states she was protecting nick as well end of story nothing further to debate.

Claire coffee also give numerous interviews claiming she was protecting he but she was also trying to protect Nick.

She would take her children away from BC the first chance she got as they wouldn’t be safe with BC, infact I could even see her going running back to the Royals over BC as Boneparte really seemed to creep her out. I think if push came to shove she would eventually be forced to use Diania’s powers to help escape BC. Diana would certainly chose her mommy over Renard if forced to do so.

Coffee evens states herself one of the main reasons Adalind goes to the mansion is to protect Diania from the influence of BC as she wants Diania to know right from wrong.

(10-28-2018, 03:58 PM)Henry of green Wrote:

Claire coffee also give numerous interviews claiming she was protecting he but she was also trying to protect Nick.

She would take her children away from BC the first chance she got as they wouldn’t be safe with BC, infact I could even see her going running back to the Royals over BC as Boneparte really seemed to creep her out. I think if push came to shove she would eventually be forced to use Diania’s powers to help escape BC. Diana would certainly chose her mommy over Renard if forced to do so.

If this was the case, she would have done that in the first place.

(10-28-2018, 04:03 PM)irukandji Wrote:

She did do that she was only there for a week and in the end it was her using Diania to warn Nick which ultimately led to Bonepartes death, but she also told Diania she can’t just go around killing as she wanted Diania to use her powers for good not evil. Also Adalind knew Diania was powerful but she was still terrified of Boneparte hurting Diania as he was also super powerful I mean he literally turned her to stone.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 01:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 12:01 PM)N_grimm Wrote: “but sometimes ....” the debate becomes heated – that’s all I meant.
"You did, after all, admit that you went a bit over the top". Yes, I did that on my own initiative, and THEN you followed up with "best to zip it". Stupid of me to try.
Your not exactly "Moder Teresa of debates" yourself.

Never said I was and I don't think anyone here is the model of debate. But then I didn't ask a pointless baiting question either, did I? By the way, I only meant that if you found yourself trying to keep a decent tone (as you yourself pointed out), it's best to zip it, meaning to remain silent. It's you who turned it in to something more.

You seem to view yourself as the epitome of forum etiquette. Why not ask what I meant instead of simply assuming I was stating something different?

(10-28-2018, 12:01 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Let me take this opportunity to say something about YOUR debating technique: You claimed, for example, that Adalind killed Nick's aunt. When "everyone" pointed out that this was false, you just didn’t respond.

I've answered it before and I'll answer it now. She admitted it to Nick while in jail.

Well, let's talk about avoiding questions. You asked me why I watch Grimm. When I came back and asked you why you would ask a question that was none of your business, you chose to ignore the question.

Please do not hold yourself up as someone who responds to all points in a post. You chose to ignore questions. That is your right, just as it's mine to chose to ignore them.

(10-28-2018, 12:01 PM)N_grimm Wrote: You have stated that Juliette herself chose to become Eve, even though she was shot by Trouble, transformed into a weapon and only gradually got her personality back.

Date and post number please.

(10-28-2018, 12:01 PM)N_grimm Wrote: You totally ignored that I pointed this out. You claimed that Adalind only stayed with Nick because she had no one else to turn to. But you refuse to answer WHY she then did not betray Nick and accept Renard’s offer to become "first lady of the city" (she had both children with her at the time). Can’t you see that this way of debating can be seen as provocative? I'm not the only one who has pointed this out...In fact, recently, four people have called your claims nonsense (I was one of them).

I actually found several quotes where you mentioned Adalind not betraying Nick and accepting Renard's offer to become the first lady of the city. I do not, however, see where you posed a question to me about it.

Can you provide the post and date where you asked me to respond? Most of what I see are statements, not questions.

Here's the last quote you wrote about Adalind's opportunity to betray Nick, but she chose not to.

Quote:Adalind's feelings for Nick were tested in season 5 when she was forced to move in with Renard. She could have betrayed Nick but did not.

(10-28-2018, 12:01 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Can’t you see that this way of debating can be seen as provocative? I'm not the only one who has pointed this out...In fact, recently, four people have called your claims nonsense (I was one of them).

I'm wondering why you can't see that your entire statement is provocative.

Furthermore, I don't get why you continue to debate with me then. Most posters would say what I've been told when a certain poster continued to badger me....Ignore him.

You have an ignore button. Use it.

OK…Let's try to end this...(it's frustrating for everyone else and for both of us).

This is NOT about answering all questions, it’s about ignoring or twisting the storyline, and have no interest in adjusting course when others point this out. I only gave some examples. I could find others, almost every time you post something is the same technique. That’s the problem! Adalind did NOT kill Nick’s aunt. Again, this is the problem, you can’t just make stoff up!

If you don’t understand why it’s a problem to tell people to “zip it”, but claim it’s a problem to ask why you watch Grimm on a forum about Grimm, I don’t know what else to say. It’s ok to tell me to “zip it”, but not as a response to my post saying my previous post was over the top. I asked why you really watch Grimm because you only seem to sympathize with Juliette. Because you constantly make Nick & co look like the villains. Juliette was only a supporting figure. I do not expect you to answer that question, I never have.

You do not seem to separate Eve v. 2.1 from Juliette v.1.2. You recently (post 533) indicated that Juliette was responsible for saving the main cast of Grimm (when she was a “robot”) and it was the way you said it. In “which witch…” you asked someone if that was why Juliatte became Eve. It’s not about specific questions or posts, it’s about why I react to your arguments. You seem to ignore the storyline and its main plots completely (or to put it differently: you have a very different point of view). That’s is your right, I fully respect that, but it triggered a heated debate.

Our "debate relationship" (sorry, do not find a better expression) is probably not possible to repair after this, but I will try to calm down. I do not mean any harm and I do not want this fight to go on. Can we just agree to disagree? And I will try not to call your arguments nonsense. It’s all fiction and this has gone too far. When I became a member of this forum, I was convinced I NEVER would be part of an argument about Grimm. Around 2 months later ... How did THIS happen?

(10-28-2018, 04:07 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 04:03 PM)irukandji Wrote:

She did do that in the end it was her using Diania to warn Nick which ultimately led to Bonepartes death she also told Diania she can’t just go around killing as she wanted Diania to use her powers for good not evil.

How is that the same as taking her children away from BC the first chance she got?