Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-18-2018

BC/HW was, above all else, a dud as an audience booster. With S06 renewed for only half a season, if they had any hope of getting the network to order another 13 episodes it was essential to bury it as early in the season as they could and avoid ever mentioning it again.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 10-18-2018

BC/HW were basically the Dorne of Grimm. They probably realized they were a mistake and were met with a lukewarm response from the audience and got rid of them as quickly as possible.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Henry of green - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 08:30 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: BC/HW were basically the Dorne of Grimm. They probably realized they were a mistake and were met with a lukewarm response from the audience and got rid of them as quickly as possible.

Hell Rell, I agree with you about Dorne, the GOT writers took a perfectly good story from the books and ruined it completely on the show. I personally I didn’t mind the Bc /Hw arc however could it have been executed better certainly but I thought the initial idea of a wesen uprising and the two competing groups was a pretty solid one, however it was poorly executed in the end by the writers.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 07:14 AM)eric Wrote: BC was both an organization and a freedom movement/idea. Those things do not just stop when a few leaders die. If anything, newer, more radical leaders arise to take control. At the meeting Monroe went to there were a lot of wessen who wanted to be free. Would they stop wanting to be free because a few heroes were killed by the oppressors? I think not. The War of Yankee Aggression is still being fought, the Middle East is full of groups that continue even with the very violent deaths of the founders, etc etc etc. Does anyone think all those wessen are wimps who would just fold up and go away at the first set back? Maybe Diana and Kelly were on their way to "reason" with a new batch of idealists.

Yea but as most Wesen growing up, they had one common fear, the boggy-man "Grimms", hence why HW wanted to recruit Grimms, why the Royals wanted to control Grimms. The fluke of a weaponized Hexenbiest was just an anomaly for the Portland HW cell and not a HW norm.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 02:57 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 08:30 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: BC/HW were basically the Dorne of Grimm. They probably realized they were a mistake and were met with a lukewarm response from the audience and got rid of them as quickly as possible.

Hell Rell, I agree with you about Dorne, the GOT writers took a perfectly good story from the books and ruined it completely on the show. I personally I didn’t mind the Bc /Hw arc however could it have been executed better certainly but I thought the initial idea of a wesen uprising and the two competing groups was a pretty solid one, however it was poorly executed in the end by the writers.

I did use a bit of hyperbole there. As bad as I thought BC and HW were, they still weren't as terrible as Dorne.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 10-19-2018

(10-18-2018, 07:18 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 02:57 PM)Henry of green Wrote:

I did use a bit of hyperbole there. As bad as I thought BC and HW were, they still weren't as terrible as Dorne.

Here is more hyperbolic injection. BC?HW arc might have not been as popular but it did serve a big purpose. It created a broke and homeless Julieve, Evette or Julievette. Sorry I couldn't hold back on my creativity on combining Eve and Juliette. OK, just one more, Eviulette.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-19-2018

The BC storyline was not a bad idea and actually the potential for a wesen uprising would have made a great deal of sense for Grimm. It should have started in season 1 and could have easily paralleled Nick's adventures. Season 5 was too late and there were too many loopholes with the storyline to make it effective.

HW, on the other hand? That was a terrible arc, period.

The actual Dorne of Grimm consisted of arcs that didn't really have anything to do with Nick being a grimm; the royals, Diana, the keys, etc.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 10-20-2018

(10-19-2018, 11:23 PM)irukandji Wrote:

The BC storyline was not a bad idea and actually the potential for a wesen uprising would have made a great deal of sense for Grimm. It should have started in season 1 and could have easily paralleled Nick's adventures. Season 5 was too late and there were too many loopholes with the storyline to make it effective.

HW, on the other hand? That was a terrible arc, period.

The actual Dorne of Grimm consisted of arcs that didn't really have anything to do with Nick being a grimm; the royals, Diana, the keys, etc.

Fair enough. I think the keys had potential but fell rather flat because they didn't have a concise plan for what they were from the start. They didn't even need all of them at the end. I originally thought they were a good idea for a series long arc that would come up occasionally whenever one was found and then come into the forefront when all of them were recovered in the final season.

I agree about Diana and her role in the series. She did seem like a huge distraction. Seasons 3 and 4 had her as a primary concern and the keys were forgotten about for the entirety of season 4 and the first half of season 5. Diana pretty much replaced the keys as the most coveted thing in the world for the royals.

I compared BC to Dorne because they both came into their series in season 5 and probably seemed like a good idea. They both had this new exotic feel to it because we hadn't seen anything like them previously. It's too bad they both felt really disjointed right from the start and felt like they never should've been introduced in the first place because it felt like they were from a different show whenever they were on screen.

The same goes for HW even though it had familiar characters. Now that I think about it, HW feels more like the Winterfell arc in the later seasons.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-20-2018

(10-20-2018, 08:25 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I agree about Diana and her role in the series. She did seem like a huge distraction. Seasons 3 and 4 had her as a primary concern and the keys were forgotten about for the entirety of season 4 and the first half of season 5. Diana pretty much replaced the keys as the most coveted thing in the world for the royals.

In looking back at the series, it seems Diana ended up being created as a "give Adalind something to do" rather than a "she has a destiny for good or for evil" plotline.

(10-20-2018, 08:25 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I compared BC to Dorne because they both came into their series in season 5 and probably seemed like a good idea. They both had this new exotic feel to it because we hadn't seen anything like them previously. It's too bad they both felt really disjointed right from the start and felt like they never should've been introduced in the first place because it felt like they were from a different show whenever they were on screen.

The same goes for HW even though it had familiar characters. Now that I think about it, HW feels more like the Winterfell arc in the later seasons.

I could tolerate Trubel and Eve in HW. After all, they were regular characters who possessed qualities that an organization like HW might be interested in. The biggest blunder with regard to HW in my opinion was putting Meisner in charge of it all.

I liked the BC concept, mainly because they didn't try to stick some royal in charge but instead brought in new actors and situations. I agree with you that it felt like a different show whenever they were on screen. But I also believe that stems from improper development. The series relied on the viewers to fill in the massive gaps that would have naturally been filled, had the organization begun in season 1, when the series was in its infancy.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Henry of green - 10-24-2018

(08-12-2018, 03:49 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 02:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: That really doesn't do anything to resolve the paternity issue with Nick though, does it?

Aside from that, if Adalind has no reason to lie to Henrietta, why wouldn't she have reason to believe Henrietta when Henrietta told her she was going to have a baby?

Nobody on the show ever questioned the paternity of either of Adalind's babies, which always was a head scratcher for me.

The way they played the scene between Adalind and Henrietta, Adalind didn't believe she could be pregnant at first because she hadn't had sex with anyone since Diana. Then she remembered Nick. I would've thought she'd remember that, but maybe Nick was as clueless about women in bed as he was out of it.

It’s pretty obvious to anyone the reason Adalind didn’t believe she was pregnant is beacuse she didn’t believe she could get pregnant while sleeping with Nick in Juliette’s body. Adalind even told Nick in 4x19 she didn’t believe anything like this could have happened. Also the episode before the Henrietta scene in 4x14 Adalind clearly remembers sleeping with Nick as she calls their afternoon together a real whooper, so clearly Nicks not that clueless in bed. Adalind clearly is not forgetting she slept with Nick while talking to Henrietta as her conversation with Juliette only happened the day before her conversation with Henrietta. Adalinds just basically in denial because she didn’t believe she could get pregnant that way. Also within seconds of her denial she has a flashback to Nick and her sleeping togther and knows right away he’s the father.

Adalinds exact worlds only 24 hours before talking to Henrietta.

Thanks for that one-night stand with Nick, by the way.
It was a real Whopper.

She clearly didn’t forget she slept with Nick she just didn’t think it would get her pregnant.

Adalind 4x19 - This was a big shock to me, too.
It never even occurred to me that something like this could It happened

Adalind admits to Nick she didn’t think it was possible to get pregnant this way so it was a big shock to her.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s04e19

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s04e13