Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-10-2018

I don't think anyone is stating you have to go along with anyone else's opinion. I'm certainly not. I do, however, think a week is reasonable and includes her time in the tunnels.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - rpmaluki - 10-10-2018

Sometimes there's no passage of time between episodes (eps 3 and 4) and sometimes you can have more than one day like in episode 7. The more time she's in the tunnels, the longer her stay. Her discovery, recovery has to be a handful of days then add the weekend of the birthday celebration and then add another handful of days before deciding to finally move out. In the deleted scene from Ep 5 showing Nick's frustration at the new living arrangement likely took place a day or so after she was found and Nick just seems to be in a hurry for her to lodge elsewhere. At this stage Adalind thought her staying longer would help her since she was destitute and needed time to recover from whatever the stick did to her. Ep 6 is a mystery but we know they all eventually settled with her being around. I don't know how long it took but after the weekend passed, she grew uncomfortable about seeing how close and at ease those two were around one another before it was enough for her that she spoke up and moved out. That's probably why I said a week or so, basically anything from seven days upwards with the weekend cushioned somewhere in between. For me, this is a minimum, based on Nick's activities more so than hers or even her change of clothes since we don't know how, when she came about her new clothes but I assume she got them from the storage where Nick placed some of her belongings.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-10-2018

(10-10-2018, 01:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think anyone is stating you have to go along with anyone else's opinion. I'm certainly not. I do, however, think a week is reasonable and includes her time in the tunnels.
What? I just commented on the debate that has taken place and added some arguments regarding a reasonable timeline. I have never claimed that someone has said I must have the same view as others.

(10-10-2018, 02:08 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Sometimes there's no passage of time between episodes (eps 3 and 4) and sometimes you can have more than one day like in episode 7. The more time she's in the tunnels, the longer her stay. Her discovery, recovery has to be a handful of days then add the weekend of the birthday celebration and then add another handful of days before deciding to finally move out. In the deleted scene from Ep 5 showing Nick's frustration at the new living arrangement likely took place a day or so after she was found and Nick just seems to be in a hurry for her to lodge elsewhere. At this stage Adalind thought her staying longer would help her since she was destitute and needed time to recover from whatever the stick did to her. Ep 6 is a mystery but we know they all eventually settled with her being around. I don't know how long it took but after the weekend passed, she grew uncomfortable about seeing how close and at ease those two were around one another before it was enough for her that she spoke up and moved out. That's probably why I said a week or so, basically anything from seven days upwards with the weekend cushioned somewhere in between. For me, this is a minimum, based on Nick's activities more so than hers or even her change of clothes since we don't know how, when she came about her new clothes but I assume she got them from the storage where Nick placed some of her belongings.

Nick's storage- of course! I totally forgot. Thank you for a useful contribution!

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 10-10-2018

(10-10-2018, 02:19 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 01:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think anyone is stating you have to go along with anyone else's opinion. I'm certainly not. I do, however, think a week is reasonable and includes her time in the tunnels.
What? I just commented on the debate that has taken place and added some arguments regarding a reasonable timeline. I have never claimed that someone has said I must have the same view as others.

(10-10-2018, 02:08 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Sometimes there's no passage of time between episodes (eps 3 and 4) and sometimes you can have more than one day like in episode 7. The more time she's in the tunnels, the longer her stay. Her discovery, recovery has to be a handful of days then add the weekend of the birthday celebration and then add another handful of days before deciding to finally move out. In the deleted scene from Ep 5 showing Nick's frustration at the new living arrangement likely took place a day or so after she was found and Nick just seems to be in a hurry for her to lodge elsewhere. At this stage Adalind thought her staying longer would help her since she was destitute and needed time to recover from whatever the stick did to her. Ep 6 is a mystery but we know they all eventually settled with her being around. I don't know how long it took but after the weekend passed, she grew uncomfortable about seeing how close and at ease those two were around one another before it was enough for her that she spoke up and moved out. That's probably why I said a week or so, basically anything from seven days upwards with the weekend cushioned somewhere in between. For me, this is a minimum, based on Nick's activities more so than hers or even her change of clothes since we don't know how, when she came about her new clothes but I assume she got them from the storage where Nick placed some of her belongings.

Nick's storage- of course! I totally forgot. Thank you for a useful contribution!

Here is more food for thought. She could have had a bank account from the time she was employed with HW. Once she was up and about, after her collapse in the tunnel, she could have also gotten some cash of her own and did some minimal shopping. Like brandon said, a 1 hour show, more closer to 40 min, minus commercial time, the show won't have the time span to show us all the mundane everyday running around that are part of life.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - rpmaluki - 10-10-2018

(10-10-2018, 02:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

Here is more food for thought. She could have had a bank account from the time she was employed with HW. Once she was up and about, after her collapse in the tunnel, she could have also gotten some cash of her own and did some minimal shopping. Like brandon said, a 1 hour show, more closer to 40 min, minus commercial time, the show won't have the time span to show us all the mundane everyday running around that are part of life.
So true. Shows are basically a series of moments strung together for maximum effect, and they only capture a fraction of what should constitute real day to day living that's how characters zoom across town in a matter of minute (a commercial break), realism would stretch the show beyond the 40 minutes of actual airtime.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-10-2018

I misunderstood then. The tone of your post and the capitalized word seemed to suggest that you felt you had to go along with my thought of Eve being in the fome for a few days. No offense intended.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-10-2018

(10-10-2018, 02:39 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(10-10-2018, 02:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

So true. Shows are basically a series of moments strung together for maximum effect, and they only capture a fraction of what should constitute real day to day living that's how characters zoom across town in a matter of minute (a commercial break), realism would stretch the show beyond the 40 minutes of actual airtime.

Yes. I think we all agree about that. How often did you see Nick eating or having a day off? The bank account is also a reasonable theory.

(10-10-2018, 02:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I misunderstood then. The tone of your post and the capitalized word seemed to suggest that you felt you had to go along with my thought of Eve being in the fome for a few days. No offense intended.
It's OK. I have removed the capitalized word. I have no idea what's wrong with the tone (but English is not my native language...).

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-10-2018

Trubel had a bundle of cash as "Lauren Cole," not to mention an actual apartment. If all of that was stuff HW provided her to maintain a "cover," there's no reason why Eve couldn't have had access to it as well. Her hiding out in the tunnel could have just been the result of the stick's influence, concerns about her having "nowhere else to go" could have been more about them worrying about her being alone.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - rpmaluki - 10-11-2018

(10-10-2018, 08:12 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Trubel had a bundle of cash as "Lauren Cole," not to mention an actual apartment. If all of that was stuff HW provided her to maintain a "cover," there's no reason why Eve couldn't have had access to it as well. Her hiding out in the tunnel could have just been the result of the stick's influence, concerns about her having "nowhere else to go" could have been more about them worrying about her being alone.
I think this covered her stay at the loft. She needed a place to stay after the stick affected her physically. However, it doesn't explain why she ends up at the spice shop if she had a similar set up as Trubel when she was under HW. Perhaps she did have an apartment somewhere and a bank account but when HW didn't call her back, that likely meant HW turned her out since they were the ones footing the bill for their operative's missions and lifestyles. At the end she still had nowhere else to go aside from dealing with the Z threat looming.

It won't always be the case obviously, at the end of the show she was taking back control of her life, absolving Nick of any responsibility he felt, so I feel she'll take steps in gaining back her independence, primarily making a living so she doesn't have to rely on friends like she was in pretty much all of S6.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-11-2018

(10-10-2018, 08:12 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Trubel had a bundle of cash as "Lauren Cole," not to mention an actual apartment. If all of that was stuff HW provided her to maintain a "cover," there's no reason why Eve couldn't have had access to it as well. Her hiding out in the tunnel could have just been the result of the stick's influence, concerns about her having "nowhere else to go" could have been more about them worrying about her being alone.

Do you think the stick's influence caused Eve to quit HW?