Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-09-2018

(10-09-2018, 01:32 PM)irukandji Wrote: Well, to me, it was more like a few days. Eve only had one set of clothes.

It's a quite useless indicator. She had no wardrobe (and she may have changed clothes on days that were not shown).

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-09-2018

Where did the story indicate Eve had no wardrobe?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-09-2018

(10-09-2018, 02:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: Where did the story indicate Eve had no wardrobe?

I'm just kidding. She was found in the tunnel and had no luggage. Anyway, can it be true that she did not change clothes? She could not have participated in Monroe's birthday celebration with the same outfit she had when she slept in the tunnel?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-09-2018

LOL, I don't know. Maybe the creative team was trying to save money? Here's something along the same line. I recall at least three episodes in season six where it seemed to me that Rosalee was wearing the same maternity top (at least I think it was a maternity top). I believe some of those were back to back episodes which made me think the creative team was trying to tell us that at least two of the episodes together amounted to a day in the life, so to speak.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 10-10-2018

(10-09-2018, 02:27 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 02:07 PM)irukandji Wrote: Where did the story indicate Eve had no wardrobe?

I'm just kidding. She was found in the tunnel and had no luggage. Anyway, can it be true that she did not change clothes? She could not have participated in Monroe's birthday celebration with the same outfit she had when she slept in the tunnel?

(10-09-2018, 03:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: LOL, I don't know. Maybe the creative team was trying to save money? Here's something along the same line. I recall at least three episodes in season six where it seemed to me that Rosalee was wearing the same maternity top (at least I think it was a maternity top). I believe some of those were back to back episodes which made me think the creative team was trying to tell us that at least two of the episodes together amounted to a day in the life, so to speak.

She had no wardrobe because she lost all her stuff when HW got raided as they were led away from the HW compound. Now you may ask, did the raid from BC also steal her stuff? Probably not, but we never saw her go to her cell/room and walk out with what "N" said, any luggage. She diffidently only had the one wig she had when the raid took place, and it was the white one, or as Monroe called it, very blond.

She was stabbed at the North Precinct raid and was recovering in the fome just before BC raided the fome and they all escaped into the tunnels. When they found her, it was days after the bodies clean up. After that was over, we never saw her go back to the HW compound in her weakened state.

As to create a time line span, by using clothing to determine time lapse, "N" you are on point. Thats the job of the wardrobe department on a set Clothing is one of the least expense of a TV show's production cost. Thats is why what these characters wear is so important to pick up on. I tried to explain this idiosyncrasy to determine time laps way back when another contributor was making up the show's time line that made no sense and I tried to explain on how media, Movies, TV Shows, theater uses the characters clothing to determine some sort of time lapse.

I think I used it to determine the time lapse of the day after Nick slept on the couch. The same day, Nick went to see Henrietta and to the evening Juliette walked out of the house and Nick, to only come back to betray him, in more ways than one. This contributor was claiming it took days or weeks, I insisted it was the same day, based on what Juliette was wearing.

In this S6 situation, a character's wardrobe is used to show the character's destitute. It gives the viewers some sort of retribution to the Eve/Juliette character negative karma for her past behavior.

Think about the life she had when the show premiered with the pilot episode. You can make the claim, she was on top of her world. She was a professional, working as a Vet, had a nice home with a great looking guy that worshiped the ground she walked on and wanted to marry her.

Now, she is reduced down to a Hex/assassin with no employer, no home, no salary and no life partner, just a lonely leather clad killer with just the clothes on her back. Remember, Trubel got recalled from HW, for additional work, but not Eve. No matter what some viewers wish to create, say or claim "writers intent". Yea, the writers intent was very clear. They sent us a message about Eve/Juliette that was plain to see. Karma is a bitch!

Sure, the show does slowly bring her back up to some kind of stature but by the show's end, she was no where close to what she was/had in the beginning of the series.

This is what I call, "A Teachable Moment". This is what a fact based opinion looks like compared to fantasized based opines!

Plus, does it bring any insight to the idiotic question?
Quote:"Where did the story indicate Eve had no wardrobe

RE: Hexenbiestdom - rpmaluki - 10-10-2018

Eve was in the tunnels in S06E04. She was found in episode 5 (likely 24hrs had passed). She was recovered by S06E06 (time lapse unknown but likely another day). Episode 7 was the weekend away. She moved out S06E08 and was attacked (time lapse also unknown). At the very least, she was in the tunnels for about a week, at most, a fortnight. If you go by Sean's mayoral plot, it could be more (depending on when Sean would be sworn in as mayor) because they also made a point of giving us a date for Zerstörer (March 24) and it was an episode/a short period between her attack and going into mirror-verse. I think she was there about a week or so.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-10-2018

A week, including the time she was in the tunnel, is reasonable.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - eric - 10-10-2018

(10-09-2018, 03:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: LOL, I don't know. Maybe the creative team was trying to save money? Here's something along the same line. I recall at least three episodes in season six where it seemed to me that Rosalee was wearing the same maternity top (at least I think it was a maternity top). I believe some of those were back to back episodes which made me think the creative team was trying to tell us that at least two of the episodes together amounted to a day in the life, so to speak.
My guess is that most moms to be have favorite clothes they ware more than once. Sometimes I see TV shows and wonder how many normal persons could have so many clothes that they never ware the same outfit twiceBig Grin.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-10-2018

Happens on television, happens in cartoons-ja, ja-.
There are also situations of the days that are also omitted,how to brush your teeth, body and shopping...

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-10-2018

A week (excluded the time in the tunnel) seems more reasonable than a few days. As "brandon" points out, much is going on that is not a part of the show. In this case, there are two issues: When Eve was literally dragged out of the tunnel in episode 5, she did not only have a fever. She was in shock and seemed to have had some sort of breakdown. I doubt she was fully recovered the next day. The other thing is Diana. She seemed very skeptical of Nick in episode 4. It was given the impression that she fully accepted him later. This even though she lived with Renard part of the time and Nick was barely present. They must have spent some time together (and Adalind had of course a serious talk with her daughter).

Eve's clothes can’t tell anything about the timeline, since she most likely didn’t have a wardrobe. She had other clothes in episode 7 (Monroe's birthday), but where did they come from? She may have received money from Nick or borrowed clothes from Rosalee. Who knows? What we do know is what "dicappatore" points out: the clothes tell us something about Eve’s new life situation.