Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-04-2018

(10-04-2018, 04:10 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:38 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I tried in a polite and humorous tone to stop the discussion from being a quarrel and at the same time summarize my position. The statement must be seen in context with the whole paragraph. (This is obviously unnecessary, but anyway…):
“You have convinced me, Nick should have told her in the pilot episode (just kidding ....)” =HUMOR illustrating that I disagree.
“We obviously consider this very different. That's ok, it's just fiction” = Meant in a serious way.
“Your defense of Juliatte's behavior when she became a hexenbiest on the other hand .....” = Some teasing, illustrating that I strongly disagree with your views regarding this question.

You might have tried but it didn't come off as humorous or polite, especially when you add that there was some teasing involved as well.

Quote:Have you seen the show?

Is this yet another example of politeness?

(10-04-2018, 03:38 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Nick moved to the loft with Adalind and Kelly because it was too dangerous to stay in the house with a newborn baby.
Adalind actually dies for Nick, but everything is reversed when Nick defeats “the destroyer” (6x13). If you do not believe me, just google “adalind die for nick” and it’s the first youtube-clip that pops up.

When I was talking about Adalind giving her life for Nick I wasn't talking about Adalind being killed by the Big Z. You'd actually have to lump all of the scoobies in on that one then, because they were all killed by the Big Z. Not the same as giving their lives for Nick.

Also, it was Monroe who suggests that Nick move (see, I did watch the show).

The politeness part was thrown out of the window after the "(sigh) I assumed you realized".

I know everyone died, but Adalind was killed while trying to take the ax from Z while Nick fought for his life.

I also know it was Monroe suggesting they should move. How does that change anything?

Of course you have seen the series. I’m sorry, that was over the line.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-04-2018

(10-04-2018, 04:58 PM)N_grimm Wrote: The politeness part was thrown out of the window after the "(sigh) I assumed you realized".

I apologize for that snark. I should have deleted it the moment I wrote it

(10-04-2018, 04:58 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I know everyone died, but Adalind was killed while trying to take the ax from Z while Nick fought for his life.

I just don't see how this makes Adalind any more special than Hank, Eve, or the rest. All of them died fighting the Big Z. I mean, really, what else were they going to do?

Juliette's actions were much more personal in that she showed true courage. She was not going to gain a thing from being the final ingredient in the potion. She did it entirely for Nick.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-04-2018

Nick's friends fought for good without expecting anything.
Juliette is not special about it.
juliette happened to be a " Hexenbiest " and could not appreciate.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - rpmaluki - 10-04-2018

(10-04-2018, 04:45 PM)eric Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:53 PM)brandon Wrote: I do not consider Juliette selfish after the change.
She simply could not see the good side when turned " Hexenbiest ".
Had she learned about any upside to being a hex? Were there any hex's she had any reason to trust--Renard's mom made the potion with the side effect. Could she expect that Nick, who she loved, wouldn't kill her? Did she get any real support from anyone in the gang? If it was me, I'd probably be a little testy. Plus, as far as we know, the time from seeing herself in the mirror to Truble shooting her was a few weeks at most. For all we know she might have calmed down with more time.

I think it was likely a handful of months not weeks, judging by Adalind's pregnancy. Adalind was barely showing when they fought and Juliette "died" around the time of Kelly's birth.

Juliette was allowed to be angry (who wouldn't be), unfortunately her actions from that anger can't be easily brushed aside due to the destruction they wrought. Some can excuse it but not everybody will.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 10-05-2018

(10-04-2018, 04:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 03:53 PM)brandon Wrote: I do not consider Juliette selfish after the change.
Had she learned about any upside to being a hex? Were there any hex's she had any reason to trust--Renard's mom made the potion with the side effect. Could she expect that Nick, who she loved, wouldn't kill her? Did she get any real support from anyone in the gang? If it was me, I'd probably be a little testy. Plus, as far as we know, the time from seeing herself in the mirror to Truble shooting her was a few weeks at most. For all we know she might have calmed down with more time.

At last. Thank you, eric.

I guess some with selective memory keep forgetting this is the same gang that got her memory to stop going down the shitz hole and prevented her from becoming a vegetable. This was the same gang that gave her her memories of Nick back with the cleansing ritual. Yea she should be a bit testy with the side effects of getting Nick's Grimm back. Side effects she was willing to accept when SHE decided to help Nick. Being testy and to full betrayal is a whole other story. Just more and more excuses for the evil one.

Both of you should re-watch those episodes. More than a few weeks went by from when she started to realize something was at foot from the time she helped them rescue Monroe to the time she was shot by Trubel. It might have taken a few weeks from the time she realized what she was to the time she walked out of the house.

Then more than a few more weeks went by from the time she kicked Adalind's ass. She slept in the car. The time she spent with Sean. The time she spent in jail from her bar hopping incident, gets bailed out and add in the time she spent living in the hotel with Kenneth and the time they had to wait for Kelly to show up at the house. Then you also have to add a few more days after his mother was killed, the house was cleaned up and the mansion invasion by the gang.

If both of you are claiming all this took place, the most in a few weeks? What can I say? More and more opinionated postings attempts to being passed on as factual.

Now I am the 1st to admit the TV show weekly episodes normally do not reflect the broadcast time line but do you two realize this took place during more than half of season 4? Juliette was asking about if she could be pregnant in S4, E8. A few weeks the most? Do either of you remember what episode she went to see Henrietta? Let me remind you, E12. What were you both watching? Dis you both miss out on episodes 9 through 21? Did you both not see 3/4 of S4? Or are you just making more excuses for Juliette, AGAIN?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-05-2018

(10-04-2018, 06:59 PM)brandon Wrote: Nick's friends fought for good without expecting anything.
Juliette is not special about it.
juliette happened to be a " Hexenbiest " and could not appreciate.

Well, let's just say the Nick's friends fought for Nick, which was for the good, part of the time. However, they often fought for causes which were not for the good. They, (including Juliette), all have pasts which include unsavory and criminl activities.

But that's not what I'm talking about. Juliette did something no other character could (or would) do in my opinion. She gave up herself for Nick.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-05-2018

As her business did not go as expected, she became a murderer.
Nick's group did what he did without expecting a reward and it is very true that they had their problems.
Juliette was the one who believed that they would not understand

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 05:32 AM)brandon Wrote: Nick's group did what he did without expecting a reward and it is very true that they had their problems.

They didn't expect a reward. But their actions are those of a group. It's far easier to decide things as a group than to make a decision as an individual. That's what I'm saying about Juliette. She had to make this decision herself. That took great courage and in the end, she still sacrificed herself.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - eric - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 01:23 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 04:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:

At last. Thank you, eric.

I guess some with selective memory keep forgetting this is the same gang that got her memory to stop going down the shitz hole and prevented her from becoming a vegetable. This was the same gang that gave her her memories of Nick back with the cleansing ritual. Yea she should be a bit testy with the side effects of getting Nick's Grimm back. Side effects she was willing to accept when SHE decided to help Nick. Being testy and to full betrayal is a whole other story. Just more and more excuses for the evil one.

Both of you should re-watch those episodes. More than a few weeks went by from when she started to realize something was at foot from the time she helped them rescue Monroe to the time she was shot by Trubel. It might have taken a few weeks from the time she realized what she was to the time she walked out of the house.

Then more than a few more weeks went by from the time she kicked Adalind's ass. She slept in the car. The time she spent with Sean. The time she spent in jail from her bar hopping incident, gets bailed out and add in the time she spent living in the hotel with Kenneth and the time they had to wait for Kelly to show up at the house. Then you also have to add a few more days after his mother was killed, the house was cleaned up and the mansion invasion by the gang.

If both of you are claiming all this took place, the most in a few weeks? What can I say? More and more opinionated postings attempts to being passed on as factual.

Now I am the 1st to admit the TV show weekly episodes normally do not reflect the broadcast time line but do you two realize this took place during more than half of season 4? Juliette was asking about if she could be pregnant in S4, E8. A few weeks the most? Do either of you remember what episode she went to see Henrietta? Let me remind you, E12. What were you both watching? Dis you both miss out on episodes 9 through 21? Did you both not see 3/4 of S4? Or are you just making more excuses for Juliette, AGAIN?
Time is a relative thing. We seem to agree there are a few weeks between her breaking the mirror to the end of season 4. The disagreement appears to be how many is "few". At my age time seems to fly by like a jet plane, for the younger set it is slower. Juliette was sweeping up the glass when she got the call that Rosalee was going to stay for a while. Monroe was freed after 2-3 days tops. IMO Juliette went to see Renard for help right after that. Most of the shows seemed to be spaced very closely together, even if it took us more than a few weeks to see what happened. Okay, so how long do you think in the show's real time lapsed from the mirror to the crossbow-10 days, 20 days, 60 days? My personal experience that is takes longer than 100 days to accept and adjust to to an extremely traumatic event and regain your composure. That is all I was trying to say, going from normal to hex would take some time for me to adjust to, maybe less time for for others. PS, I feel it detracts from the discussions on the forum to say someone's view is "full of shitz".

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-05-2018

For the same reason that she believed that Nick could kill her,he could have left her being a " Hexenbiest".i
It was she who let herself be carried away by "old prejudices".As if did not know Nick before the change.