Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-13-2018

The issue - at least this time - is not paternity, but whether it was an oversight on the part of the writers to not depict Nick, given his past history with Adalind, demanding a paternity test before accepting Adalind's second baby as his. Considering how little time and effort would have been required (just a couple of lines of dialog in which Nick demands the test and then later receives the result of one), I would agree that it should have been done.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Henry of green - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 08:57 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's time for some brutal honesty. Anyone arguing Nick isn't the father simply doesn't want him to be the father which goes completely against the narrative without even mentioning what was said behind the scenes. The show didn't give them the answer they wanted to hear but they certainly answered them.

I remember this debate from earlier this year being debunked and we're being baited into getting into another argument. This is our fault for engaging in the debate even if it's just to shed the truth and shut the nonsense about Nick not being the father down. Even doing that is somehow giving validity to the idea. It doesn't matter to them that we saw every single man Adalind has slept with during the duration of the show because of its importance to the narrative nor does it matter that we saw Nick is the only man she had sex with from the time she gave birth to Diana to the time she conceived Kelly. Remember how short that period of time was in season 3. Nothing we say will change it.

It's not worth debating. There's no speculation to be done about a question that has long been answered. Speculating is a waste of time when you don't accept the answer. In this case, the answer was given right away and was never contradicted. Those are the facts.

Hell Rell, excellent point couldn’t have put it better my self.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 06:30 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The suppression potion only had temporary effects, and both Grimm's and wesen don't usually have their powers as infants anyway (Diana being the exception).

Adalind mentioned something about her mother concocting(?) the suppression potion. If these humans are born with a hexenbiest spirit, what would be the necessity for suppressing it?

The person the potion was devised for was said to be having some unspecified problem, except that this was resolved without using it. Maybe some hexenbiest version of PMS?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 08-13-2018

what you're saying.

It's not in the book, specifically.

My mother's aunt told me about this when my mother was going through a very tough time.

She didn't end up doing it, but there is a way.
Forever dreaming web).4×19

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 02:34 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 08:57 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's time for some brutal honesty. Anyone arguing Nick isn't the father simply doesn't want him to be the father which goes completely against the narrative without even mentioning what was said behind the scenes. The show didn't give them the answer they wanted to hear but they certainly answered them.

I remember this debate from earlier this year being debunked and we're being baited into getting into another argument. This is our fault for engaging in the debate even if it's just to shed the truth and shut the nonsense about Nick not being the father down. Even doing that is somehow giving validity to the idea. It doesn't matter to them that we saw every single man Adalind has slept with during the duration of the show because of its importance to the narrative nor does it matter that we saw Nick is the only man she had sex with from the time she gave birth to Diana to the time she conceived Kelly. Remember how short that period of time was in season 3. Nothing we say will change it.

It's not worth debating. There's no speculation to be done about a question that has long been answered. Speculating is a waste of time when you don't accept the answer. In this case, the answer was given right away and was never contradicted. Those are the facts.

Hell Rell, excellent point couldn’t have put it better my self.

Whats next from the peanut gallery? Let me put on my "peanut Gallery Hat" and take a guess. They will be questioning whom was Nicks real mom. Was it really Aunt Marie that gave him birth? Was Nicks father messin around with Aunt Marie? Was she his real mother? Did Mama Kelly decide when Nick turned 12, she had enough of Burkhardt Senior philandering ways when he took off with his latest conquest, her best friend, after he dumped Aunt Marie?

His new conquest could have just been accidentally killed in Mama Kelly's place? As a woman scorned, she finally had enough of putting up the charade of raising another woman's son? A great reason for her to not make any efforts to contact him for all those years?

Hey it might sound a bit far-fetched, so be it. There is more collaborating evidence than some of these way out far-fetched conclusions. to prove otherwise. Also, according to some statistic I read somewhere, men cheat on their wives or girlfriends with their sisters and best friends only second to co-workers.

OK, this sounds ridiculous. I took my "Peanut Gallery Hat" off!

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-13-2018

(08-13-2018, 03:49 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The person the potion was devised for was said to be having some unspecified problem, except that this was resolved without using it. Maybe some hexenbiest version of PMS?

This raises a question. Henrietta didn't seem to think Juliette was out of control. In reality, neither did Adalind. She just prepared the potion because Nick seemed to believe Juliette was out of control.

What kind of issue would a hexenbiest be experiencing for another hexenbiest to decide a suppression potion is in order? It's not as though they can run down to the nearest drug store and pick up the ingredients.

Adalind suggested and prepared the potion because Juliette was out to kill her, and Nick thought (foolishly, it turned out) that he could get Juliette to take it.

Adalind never offered her opinion on Juliette's state of mind, but we never saw Adalind openly threaten someone in a police station in full view of numerous LEOs, did we? I'd guess that Adalind would have said that was a bit over the top, at least.

Henrietta didn't seem to think Juliette was out of control, but she was acting as Juliette's mentor and may have been the one keeping her reined in. Since we never heard from Henrietta's ghost after "Sean the Ripper" killed her, we have no way of knowing if she would have thought Juliette was off the rails once deprived of her guidance.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 08-14-2018

Juliette did not accept what it was and that's why your hate.
Adalind believed that would take it because did not like becoming a "Hexenbiest".

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-14-2018

(08-13-2018, 09:37 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Adalind suggested and prepared the potion because Juliette was out to kill her, and Nick thought (foolishly, it turned out) that he could get Juliette to take it.

Adalind never offered her opinion on Juliette's state of mind, but we never saw Adalind openly threaten someone in a police station in full view of numerous LEOs, did we? I'd guess that Adalind would have said that was a bit over the top, at least.

Henrietta didn't seem to think Juliette was out of control, but she was acting as Juliette's mentor and may have been the one keeping her reined in. Since we never heard from Henrietta's ghost after "Sean the Ripper" killed her, we have no way of knowing if she would have thought Juliette was off the rails once deprived of her guidance.

Adalind tried to murder Marie while Nick was in the room, so would over the top actions really bother her? I'd say probably not. She also, in a way, took Juliette's part with regard to wrecking the bar when she said something to the effect that who among hexenbiests hasn't wrecked a bar (paraphrasing).

I think Adalind's biggest issue with Juliette was fear for herself and baby.