Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-04-2018

Juliette's growing distrust of Nick resulting from his continuing concealment of his secret life as a grimm was a running theme in S01. If not for Adalind's cat scratch spell that compelled Nick to finally try to tell her all, she probably would have been ready to dump him by the end of the season.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 10:35 AM)dicappatore Wrote: A stretch? Given to the extend to what some rubber contributors stretch their far out made up crap. My stretch is minor compared to theirs. May I refer you to S1E22, Woman in Black. Nick takes Juliette to the trailer to show her the many books with drawings of various Wesen. You remember them drawings of various hybrid beings called Wesen?

Now, such an intelligent, loyal, trustworthy woman, as Juliette, would at least give the guy she is living with a chance. He is a murder investigator. He must possess some smarts to get to that position. In addition She is living with the guy and is bitching he is secretive. You would think, given all these factors, the guy deserved the benefit of the doubt?.

I would have expected the woman that is sharing a bed with me at least give me a min or two of her precious time. A few minutes do what she has asked him to do for a whole flocking season. Maybe, just maybe , if she was more interested in listening than ridiculing him, she would have had the patience to take in what he had to say and the follow up he would have told her about that weird DNA she found and possibly connected the dots.

Maybe, just maybe, if she respected him as he respected her, she wouldn't have walked out on him before he finished one or two sentences, and could have followed it up by including her in his new world as she been asking .

Instead she walks out on him as the beginning of her well established trend of things to come. Just one more incident of the "Darling Juliette" is accustomed of doing to the hero of the show, Nick, as she does repetitively later on.

You might think its a stretch but can you point out on what part of my summation is improvised, created or twisted time line?

You're veering way off course. You took one instance of Juliette seeing two different types of DNA and extrapolating that to her complete mistrust of Nick. She actually had science on her side in this scenario and she knew nothing about Grimms or wesen because Nick made no attempt to explain it to her at the time.

Juliette actually did give him some time. He took her to the trailer and to go see Monroe. She actually hadn't walked away yet.

Besides, Juliette doesn't watch the show. There are some things you need to see to believe. We know the truth but anyone stating they see monsters and that the woman who brought her cat to you was actually a witch and that the scratch, which she's probably had before from other pets, was going to instantly cause her harm or kill her would be seen as absolutely nuts. That's why Nick took her to Monroe so she could see a wesen with her own eyes. Some stories in a book just isn't going to cut it. The books are most likely to help support what you've already seen. Remember that Nick actually saw wesen before Marie told him about his heritage. Do you think he would've believed her otherwise? Josh loved his father wholeheartedly and even he thought his father was crazy.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 12:24 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Juliette's growing distrust of Nick resulting from his continuing concealment of his secret life as a grimm was a running theme in S01. If not for Adalind's cat scratch spell that compelled Nick to finally try to tell her all, she probably would have been ready to dump him by the end of the season.

Yea I did reference S1, E22. Does it matter for what reason he kept it secretive so long. Monroe is the one that kept warning him not to disclose the Wesen world to her. He was taking advice from someone that had more experience of the matter than he did.

But I have to question your logic. As for me, i like the motto, "better late than later". I guess your logic keeping secrets longer is better for the relationship. This the typical spin placed on the argument. The point I was trying to make is even with the excuse of Monroe advising to keep it secretive, it was still wrong.

The argument I made, is when he did try to disclose his world on the episode that followed the hybrid DNA episode 21, she totally rejected his attempt to bring her in the fold while the DNA mystery was still fresh in her mind. Yet you seem to overlook her rejection to his attempt to include her as a non issue. It takes two to tango. I blame both. Typically, you only blame Nick. Communication is a two way street.

I do agree on one point. They should have broken up. Only difference, I wished Nick would dump her. The writers finally caught up to my idea of getting this Juliette character out of his relationship. Too bad it took 3 more seasons to kill her off and not kept her dead.

(08-04-2018, 01:36 PM)dicappatore Wrote: I guess your logic keeping secrets longer is better for the relationship.

The reverse, actually.

The night Juliette came upon him in the trailer reading one of the books with a flashlight, Nick should have said something like, "Aunt Marie told me this incredible story, but some things that have been happening lately seem to fit it," then brought her 100% up to speed on what he knew at that point. The two of them could have run a long extension cord out from the house and spent that entire night going through those centuries old books and realized that something really f***ed up was going on. Juliette could have learned with him and made her own fully informed decisions about their life together. Instead, Nick did the typical super hero thing and tried to "protect" people around him by having a "secret identity."

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 08-04-2018

I do not think it was a superhero action.
I think that policeman- judge, agent of CIA- ever tells everything about his work to his couple.
The topic "Wesen" it was not so easy.
Also Monroe warns him that not everyone accepts him so - remember the guy pursued by those guys " cats".

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 12:53 PM)brandon Wrote: I do not think Nick thought where would be something strange just because Juliette acted different, more passion.

But doesn't that make Nick even more of a drooling moron than ever then? At this point in the series, there's no indication Nick and Juliette's love life needs a jump start and so, Juliette must suddenly act wild and crazy for a quickie. A change in their romantic practices combined with a quickie seems a contradiction in terms to me and not a benefit to either of them. The other big red flag is that this supposed wild and crazy attempt occurs on the day of good friend Monroe's wedding and Juliette had already told Nick she was going to have her hair fixed.

Any guy who's been around women preparing for a wedding knows they are not going to ruin their "do" come hell or highwater, and certainly not for a wild and crazy quickie with their beloved.

As a thoughtful and caring partner, Nick should have seen the red flags and questioned Juliette's bizarre behavior on Monroe's wedding day.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 08-04-2018

If he had time for a shower because to believe that the other Juliette was not Juliette.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 02:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: [quote='brandon' pid='71662' dateline='1533325988']
I do not think Nick thought where would be something strange just because Juliette acted different, more passion.

(08-04-2018, 02:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: But doesn't that make Nick even more of a drooling moron than ever then? At this point in the series, there's no indication Nick and Juliette's love life needs a jump start and so, Juliette must suddenly act wild and crazy for a quickie.

Juliette mustn't but her wanting to do so wouldn't be discouraged by Nick.

(08-04-2018, 02:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: A change in their romantic practices combined with a quickie seems a contradiction in terms to me and not a benefit to either of them.

Obviously, Nick would disagree about it being a benefit to either one of them. He did like the idea of them doing it more often.

(08-04-2018, 02:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: The other big red flag is that this supposed wild and crazy attempt occurs on the day of good friend Monroe's wedding and Juliette had already told Nick she was going to have her hair fixed.

Any guy who's been around women preparing for a wedding knows they are not going to ruin their "do" come hell or highwater, and certainly not for a wild and crazy quickie with their beloved.

As a thoughtful and caring partner, Nick should have seen the red flags and questioned Juliette's bizarre behavior on Monroe's wedding day.

We should note the fact that this was written by men. Juliette being in that type of mood wouldn't necessarily wave red flags to Nick. He was probably more concerned about not ruining her mood.

When Nick moved in with Juliette he had an Elvis lamp that he got during a drunken binge trip to Mexico. I think that pretty much sums up any discussion about him being a drooling moron.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Henry of green - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 09:00 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 12:14 AM)irukandji Wrote: Let me put it this way then. Adalind wasn't trying to "pick up" Nick at his house. She didn't convince him she was rich and important, nor did she deceive him by putting on a lot of make up or enhancements to make her look better.

She broke into his house to violate him and take away his grimm powers. She changed herself into Juliette to do so and not once did she reveal herself as Adalind to him.

Wearing makeup, telling tall tales, using "enhancements" are not deceptions aimed at an end result of rape. Women and men go to bars for different reasons. I don't see how your example compares to what Adalind did. Her reactions are not typical of someone going to a bar and in my opinion, should not be compared to that type of activity.

I agree with you that these examples aren't really comparable. We all saw what happened. The methods Adalind used undoubtedly make this rape. We know why Adalind did it and it wasn't for a bad reason but the way she went about it still makes this a clear-cut rape.

The two easiest ways to identify rape is when someone has sex against their will and when someone can't give consent to the person they're having sex with at the time. This is most definitely the latter.

I'll stop here because know some posters have to be tired of the talk about sexual assault but it touches a nerve whenever this subject is brought up and there are some many denials. I've seen it happen way too often.

(08-04-2018, 07:00 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 06:47 AM)brandon Wrote: Juliette had the DNA test done to the supposed animal that attacked the horses.
Those hairs were from a Wesen in "Woge",that a serious part of an ape and another human.A mixture of two different species,a chimera, which was strange because there are usually such things.
A dog with wolf genes would be normal but this would be very weird

You point out an interesting piece of factual scene. To me, this had less to do than Juliette trying to prove the existing possibility of some type of unknown hybrid and more to do with her mistrust of Nick.

With her knowing this fact of this DNA inconsistency. You would expect for her to at least lend Nick an ear, later on in the show, when he was trying to open her up to his Wesen world. Instead, her superlative higher educated attitude just dismissed him as a lower educated insignificant other.

Hey, how's that for "writer's intent"?

That's quite the spin. How did you get to that conclusion? Juliette saw that there was DNA from two different species. That's a fact. I don't really see how this was used to show her mistrust of Nick. She didn't know he was a Grimm or about wesen and she did go to med school. Her higher education did matter in this case.

You are entitled to see it as full on Rape if you wish but I didn’t see what Adalind did to Nick as Rape. I saw it as desperate women being forced into sleeping with Nick to take his powers to get to see her kidnapped child again.

It was deeply wrong Yes Nick was tricked into consent by Adalind which I would class as a form sexual assault but still no one forced Nick to have sex or clouded his ability to give consent with drugs so I wouldn’t put it on the same level as full on rape.

However I agree fully Adalind raped Hank beacuse she took away his ability to say no by giving him the love spell, Nick on the other hand had the ability to say no so for me it’s different than Hank and Adalind.

Also your previous example of comparing what Jamie did to Cersei to what Adalind did to Nick is a pretty weak one considering no one was forcing Jamie to assault Cersei. Adalind on the other hand was being blackmailed by Viktor, yes Viktor knew excatly what Adalind had to do to get Nicks powers back as one of his first comments he made to her in season 4 was asking what it was like to shag a grimm and she responded I did what I had to to see my daughter I didn’t enjoy it. To put them on the same level of being as equally morally wrong is just plain wrong in my opinion.