Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-03-2018

Just to be really pedantic about things, fertilization can take place as soon as a few minutes after sex to as long as five days after.

But it would have been a real hoot if Nick had ordered a DNA test to prove he was baby Kelly's father and the results had determined that Adalind wasn't the biological mother.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 07:51 PM)syscrash Wrote: The premise was that sex using deception is rape. You do not quantify the rape. So why are you quantifying the how. What does how she got into the house, or what she gained have to do with determining if it is rape. You say they are different. My example used a method that is actually done. Using surgery to look like someone else. Adalind used magic. The question is one of consent. You say because he thought it was Juliette he did not consent to Adalind. In my example if they say yes to the person they met in the bar. Only took wake an found out it was not who they thought it was. Did they consent.

Let me put it this way then. Adalind wasn't trying to "pick up" Nick at his house. She didn't convince him she was rich and important, nor did she deceive him by putting on a lot of make up or enhancements to make her look better.

She broke into his house to violate him and take away his grimm powers. She changed herself into Juliette to do so and not once did she reveal herself as Adalind to him.

Wearing makeup, telling tall tales, using "enhancements" are not deceptions aimed at an end result of rape. Women and men go to bars for different reasons. I don't see how your example compares to what Adalind did. Her reactions are not typical of someone going to a bar and in my opinion, should not be compared to that type of activity.

(08-03-2018, 07:51 PM)syscrash Wrote: You point out that she became Juliette, even to the DNA. Would that not make a DNA test on Kelly come back as Juliette and Nick are the parents. We then saw the Eve could not perform as Sean. Makes since they are not the person , they only look like the person. That means they may be able to mimic the person but would not act like the person.

Didn't Juliette do a DNA test on a wesen and came up with two different types of DNA? Isn't it possible that Adalind might have two different types of DNA as well? If she was totally Juliette, how is it that she remained a hexenbiest while robbing Nick of his grimness?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - New Guy - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 07:09 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(08-03-2018, 06:41 PM)New Guy Wrote: This is one of those times we get to make up whatever we want. The EveNard in the scene was able to fool Rachel:

Or was she?

Consider the scene and their next time in bed:

From 516 (Rachel and "Renard"):
Rachel: It's all right.
Eve: This has never happened to me before.
Rachel: Don't worry about it. Let's, um... let's start with your questions.
Eve: Yes, okay.
Rachel: And we can try again. Like we did last time. [She woges]

And from 517 (Rachel and real Renard):
Rachel: Well, that more than makes up for last time.
Renard: Wait, what?
Rachel: [She kisses Renard's shoulder] Exactly. Never even happened.
Hi Face,
What did Rachel mean by "never even happened?"
Did she know the Renard in 5.16 was a fake? If so then Renard was clueless about what happened.
Or did EveNard actually fool her? Was Rachel clueless?
Oh no! Did EveNard commit "(attempted) rape?" Dodgy
N G

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-04-2018

If you don't recognize that cliche you're a lucky guy.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 06:17 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 04:31 PM)syscrash Wrote: As for Adalind using deception making it rape would make most people after a nigh out be rapist. There are thousands of pick up at bars, and I bet most involve some form of deception. From the guys pretending to be rich and important. To the women using makeup and other enhancements to look better then what they are. Is it rape if you wake up to find the hot blond lawyer you took home last night. Is actually a balding, middle aged, over weight, hooker.

I think there's a great deal of difference in Adalind's actions. For one, she invaded Nick and Juliette's house. Whether you want to term it as a home invasion, break in, or trespass, it still comes down to the same thing. She was there without invite. If you want to apply the law there, that is an illegal activity.

Second, her purpose there was to injure Nick and she did injure Nick. She took his grimm powers. Just because the injury is invisible and we don't know the long term ramifications doesn't make it somehow different than if she'd have gone in there and beat the hell out of him while she had sex with him.

Third, Adalind's method of deception involves changing into the form of a completely different person. Sex by deception may not be a crime in some states, but I wonder if this might be viewed as identity theft. Could it be proven? It might be. We assume that just because Adalind turned into Juliette, she was Juliette from head to foot. It's possible Adalind may have left her DNA behind.

I'm not for one minute stating rape won't ever occur in a pickup situation, but that isn't always the case.

(08-02-2018, 04:31 PM)syscrash Wrote: When the subject first came up. I commented there is no way Nick would not have known that was not Juliette. Even if it did look like Juliette. Are you saying if blindfolded you could not tell if someone kissing you was not you significant other. I can tell even if one of my girlfriends friends is sending a tweet pretending to be her. As a couple there are little clues that only you two know. The writers even added dialog of Nick acknowledging something was different.

I do agree with to an extent because I watch a lot of Judge Judy and girlfriends pretending to be the other girlfriend happens all of the time. In addition, Nick should have at least been questioning why "Juliette" wanted sex after having her hair done before the wedding. I do agree she probably would have reacted differently in bed, beginning with her kiss.

As much as I don't like Nick, this is one area where I do believe the writers were aware that Adalind was committing rape, but covered it up by having Nick act like some drooling moron who's only mission was to have a whopping good time in bed.

CUIDADO. ZONA PELIGROSA
MENTAL ENANOS EN EL TRABAJO

[Image: 824.jpg]

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 08-04-2018

Juliette had the DNA test done to the supposed animal that attacked the horses.
Those hairs were from a Wesen in "Woge",that a serious part of an ape and another human.A mixture of two different species,a chimera, which was strange because there are usually such things.
A dog with wolf genes would be normal but this would be very weird

(08-04-2018, 06:47 AM)brandon Wrote: Juliette had the DNA test done to the supposed animal that attacked the horses.
Those hairs were from a Wesen in "Woge",that a serious part of an ape and another human.A mixture of two different species,a chimera, which was strange because there are usually such things.

You point out an interesting piece of factual scene. To me, this had less to do than Juliette trying to prove the existing possibility of some type of unknown hybrid and more to do with her mistrust of Nick.

With her knowing this fact of this DNA inconsistency. You would expect for her to at least lend Nick an ear, later on in the show, when he was trying to open her up to his Wesen world. Instead, her superlative higher educated attitude just dismissed him as a lower educated insignificant other.

Hey, how's that for "writer's intent"?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 08-04-2018

(08-04-2018, 12:14 AM)irukandji Wrote: Let me put it this way then. Adalind wasn't trying to "pick up" Nick at his house. She didn't convince him she was rich and important, nor did she deceive him by putting on a lot of make up or enhancements to make her look better.

She broke into his house to violate him and take away his grimm powers. She changed herself into Juliette to do so and not once did she reveal herself as Adalind to him.

Wearing makeup, telling tall tales, using "enhancements" are not deceptions aimed at an end result of rape. Women and men go to bars for different reasons. I don't see how your example compares to what Adalind did. Her reactions are not typical of someone going to a bar and in my opinion, should not be compared to that type of activity.

I agree with you that these examples aren't really comparable. We all saw what happened. The methods Adalind used undoubtedly make this rape. We know why Adalind did it and it wasn't for a bad reason but the way she went about it still makes this a clear-cut rape.

The two easiest ways to identify rape is when someone has sex against their will and when someone can't give consent to the person they're having sex with at the time. This is most definitely the latter.

I'll stop here because know some posters have to be tired of the talk about sexual assault but it touches a nerve whenever this subject is brought up and there are some many denials. I've seen it happen way too often.

(08-04-2018, 07:00 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 06:47 AM)brandon Wrote: Juliette had the DNA test done to the supposed animal that attacked the horses.

You point out an interesting piece of factual scene. To me, this had less to do than Juliette trying to prove the existing possibility of some type of unknown hybrid and more to do with her mistrust of Nick.

With her knowing this fact of this DNA inconsistency. You would expect for her to at least lend Nick an ear, later on in the show, when he was trying to open her up to his Wesen world. Instead, her superlative higher educated attitude just dismissed him as a lower educated insignificant other.

That's quite the spin. How did you get to that conclusion? Juliette saw that there was DNA from two different species. That's a fact. I don't really see how this was used to show her mistrust of Nick. She didn't know he was a Grimm or about wesen and she did go to med school. Her higher education did matter in this case.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 08-04-2018

It could be something not literal.
Rachel then refers to having a family, a good image so you see the people.
( 5×17).

(08-04-2018, 09:00 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 07:00 AM)dicappatore Wrote:

That's quite the spin. How did you get to that conclusion? Juliette saw that there was DNA from two different species. That's a fact. I don't really see how this was used to show her mistrust of Nick. She didn't know he was a Grimm or about wesen and she did go to med school. Her higher education did matter in this case.

A stretch? Given to the extend to what some rubber contributors stretch their far out made up crap. My stretch is minor compared to theirs. May I refer you to S1E22, Woman in Black. Nick takes Juliette to the trailer to show her the many books with drawings of various Wesen. You remember them drawings of various hybrid beings called Wesen?

Now, such an intelligent, loyal, trustworthy woman, as Juliette, would at least give the guy she is living with a chance. He is a murder investigator. He must possess some smarts to get to that position. In addition She is living with the guy and is bitching he is secretive. You would think, given all these factors, the guy deserved the benefit of the doubt?.

I would have expected the woman that is sharing a bed with me at least give me a min or two of her precious time. A few minutes do what she has asked him to do for a whole flocking season. Maybe, just maybe , if she was more interested in listening than ridiculing him, she would have had the patience to take in what he had to say and the follow up he would have told her about that weird DNA she found and possibly connected the dots.

Maybe, just maybe, if she respected him as he respected her, she wouldn't have walked out on him before he finished one or two sentences, and could have followed it up by including her in his new world as she been asking .

Instead she walks out on him as the beginning of her well established trend of things to come. Just one more incident of the "Darling Juliette" is accustomed of doing to the hero of the show, Nick, as she does repetitively later on.

You might think its a stretch but can you point out on what part of my summation is improvised, created or twisted time line?