Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-29-2018

I see Juliette as feeling abandoned by those she depended on and without direction or a future, then influenced by a smooth talking Kenneth. Sort of like what happens when a town's biggest employer lays everybody off to move manufacturing offshore and just as the unemployment runs out someone starts holding "blame the foreigners" political rallies, and before you know it people are burning tiki torches and voting for some guy who wants to be king.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - New Guy - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 08:47 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 08:09 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 11:03 AM)syscrash Wrote: I find it funny how people blame her being an hexenbiest for her reactions. In real life there are many cases of pissed off people destroying things their partner cares about. Where do you think the term Fatal Attraction comes from. A partner having a child with someone else is one of the biggest triggers for the need for revenge.

I wanted to bring this statement up again in view of the recent posts regarding Nick's lack of curiosity regarding the hexenbiest. It's been discussed that Juliette torched the trailer simply because she was a scorned woman. I believe she was scorned. After all, Nick did make a point of choosing Adalind over her.

But I don't think that's the reason why she torched the trailer. I've often wondered what Juliette thought of Nick's reaction when she told him she was a hexenbiest, and then later when she woged. I think she went out to the trailer to find out by reading the diary. I think she torched the trailer because what was written in the diary about hexenbiests was slanted and biased. She knew that Nick was never ever going to see her as anything but a hexenbiest *as written in his diary*.

It is so amazing how these two contributors keep getting the series of events twisted to suit their opinions. Both of you are entitled to your opinions but you are not entitled to twist events as you seem pleased.

Now we can debate on why she torched the trailer. Yea revenge was one of her reasons but if she was so upset about her situation why did it take weeks for her to torch the trailer. Why not after Nick went for the walk? I always said she did it to keep Nick occupied and out of the house so she could use the laptop to send the email. If she was so bent out on just revenge, why do it after she met Ken?

The other twist is about Juliette was upset that Nick took Adalind's side. Nick took neither Adalind's nor Juliette's side. Nick did take the side of his child that was residing in Adalind. Can one of you two explain why was Juliette so upset about Nick standing between his child and Juliette?

Also, when Nick had sex with Adalind, she was morphed into Juliette. What was Sean morphed as when Juliette has sex with him? I am curious how either one of you two can explain why are you two so bent out on claiming that Nick took a side of a side that no longer existed.

Juliette walked out on Nick and had sex with Sean weeks before she faced them in the precinct and torching the trailer. Why was she so upset about the Nicks baby incubating in Adalind? According to you two having sex with Sean was not cheating since they were broken up.

How come weeks later Nick was to take her side? According to you two, they were broken up? Why are you two still claiming Nick betrayed Juliette? Wasn't it Juliette that did the betraying? Wasn't it Juliette that became the vengeful Hex?

How can you excuse her of her vengeful betraying actions by blaming her Hex from one side of your mouths while from the other side of your mouths you claim she was betrayed by Nick weeks after she broke up their relationship?
Excellent points Dicap!

(07-29-2018, 10:35 AM)brandon Wrote: 1)Juliette was the one who broke with Nick.
2) did not answer his calls.
3) mocked what was said by Nick.
4) did not want to talk to Rosalee
His attitude with Nick was to get into a fight ( in prison)
As it believed that he should choose her?
He choose the welfare of his son.
Well said Brandon.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 07-29-2018

(07-29-2018, 12:45 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I see Juliette as feeling abandoned by those she depended on and without direction or a future, then influenced by a smooth talking Kenneth. Sort of like what happens when a town's biggest employer lays everybody off to move manufacturing offshore and just as the unemployment runs out someone starts holding "blame the foreigners" political rallies, and before you know it people are burning tiki torches and voting for some guy who wants to be king.

Unlike the old argument of whom came first, the chicken or the egg. In Juliette's case. She broke the promise to stop keeping secrets. She abandoned Nick and she was the one rejecting her best friend Rosalee. Rosalee was not the one that walked away during her jail visit, Juliette did.

If anyone did any abandoning, it was all on Juliette's hands. Nick went out for a walk. He did not walk out on her. Juliette was the one to confide to their arch nemesis, Sean way before Nick took that infamous walk.

Just another twisting of facts some contributors wish to twist things around by blaming Nick for loosing trust in Juliette by going out for a walk yet keep forgetting her confiding to Sean days if not weeks before she told Nick.

Makes one wonder whom was the one to do the "trust loosing".

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 07-29-2018

I agree too.

If we believe what Adalind later told Rosalee about hexenbiest emotions and thought processes, then what Juliette did was probably inevitable.

Nick and Juliette's relationship was troubled from the moment G&K decided to have Nick try to conceal what was happening to him in S01. It created an undercurrent of doubt in Juliette's mind that undermined just about everything between them. Adding on the stress of being turned into a hexenbiest just blew away her capability for rational thinking.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-29-2018

I agree that Juliette felt abandoned by Nick and company but only because she was abandoned by Nick and company. As for Kenneth influencing her, I don't look at that as any different than, Kenneth influencing Adalind or Nick influencing the scoobies. Influence is an element of the series.

(07-29-2018, 04:37 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick and Juliette's relationship was troubled from the moment G&K decided to have Nick try to conceal what was happening to him in S01. It created an undercurrent of doubt in Juliette's mind that undermined just about everything between them.

According to some here, Nick bent over backwards for Juliette. This post does not support that theory at all. I don't think Juliette's doubt of Nick's truthfulness undermined their relationship. She wouldn't have sacrificed herself to give him back his grimm if there was any lingering doubt.

There wasn't, really, once Juliette was onboard as a full-fledged scoobie. But that was before the hexenbiest started working on her subconscious. Hexenbiest Juliette became as self-centered, volatile and vengeful as the books said a hexenbiest would be, and as Henrietta told Nick, even more so than a natural one.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-30-2018

Maybe Juliette should never have revealed to Nick that she was a hexenbiest? But then, if she had been able to manage that, wouldn't she be as guilty of keep secrets from their relationship as he was?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 07-30-2018

Juliette decided to become " the aggressor". As has happened with other persons.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 07-30-2018

I thank the few, as in previous postings, referring back to the writers for Juliette's or any other character's shortcomings. I also accept you acceding to the argument. Most might not come out and saying it in plain language but it is obvious when all you have left is blaming the writers. Imagine if All the mud thrown at Nick was excused by me by blaming the writers. If that is what we are all going to do, might as well shut down the forum.

I choose to make my opinions based on the characters actions as presented on the screen. I choose to stand up behind my favorite characters based on what the writers gave us, instead of what I wished they gave us. I choose to use scenes, dialogue and the given timeline. This was their concept. This was their ideas brought to fruition. Can anyone claim they could have conceived, let alone a better job and I BET, no one on these forums had a similar idea of this whole show's concept.

Would have I wished Nick was better written to reflect what I expected of him? Hell yea, but when I do, I make it plain of those tendencies, I make it a point it is what I wished for, not an excuse. IMO, it is a poor cop-out when unable to stand behind an opinion by blaming the writers.