Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 11:26 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: There's no dispute that Diana is easily the most powerful and by a wide margin. But that's only as a result of what happened to Adalind and the special ritual she went through.

Who's to say Conrad didn't go through some type of similar ritual? He had to be in charge of BC for some reason. It wouldn't be because he's just one of the zauerbiests.

(07-27-2018, 11:26 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: He used Eve as an example because she was a Super Hexenbiest that was pretty much bred for combat and Bonaparte defeated her. The rest of BC created a distraction specifically to avoid facing her in battle yet Bonaparte soloed her. There was no indication of him being some type of rare Zauberbiest so that speaks to the power of one.

He also brought up Zerstorer. I don't recall anything stating Zerstorer was a zauerbiest.

(07-27-2018, 11:26 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: As for Catherine's debt to Renard, there was never any hint to what it was but I doubt it had anything to do with him being a Zauberbiest. I think Renard being a royal had a lot more to do with Catherine and Adalind's subservience to him.

Catherine was a hexenbiest. Renard is a zauerbiest. It's not incorrect to state Catherine, the hexenbiest, was indebted to Renard, the zauerbiest, anymore than calling Nick a Grimm. I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but it seems you're splitting hairs.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Henry of green - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 11:47 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 11:26 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: There's no dispute that Diana is easily the most powerful and by a wide margin. But that's only as a result of what happened to Adalind and the special ritual she went through.

Who's to say Conrad didn't go through some type of similar ritual? He had to be in charge of BC for some reason. It wouldn't be because he's just one of the zauerbiests.

(07-27-2018, 11:26 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: He used Eve as an example because she was a Super Hexenbiest that was pretty much bred for combat and Bonaparte defeated her. The rest of BC created a distraction specifically to avoid facing her in battle yet Bonaparte soloed her. There was no indication of him being some type of rare Zauberbiest so that speaks to the power of one.

He also brought up Zerstorer. I don't recall anything stating Zerstorer was a zauerbiest.

(07-27-2018, 11:26 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: As for Catherine's debt to Renard, there was never any hint to what it was but I doubt it had anything to do with him being a Zauberbiest. I think Renard being a royal had a lot more to do with Catherine and Adalind's subservience to him.

Catherine was a hexenbiest. Renard is a zauerbiest. It's not incorrect to state Catherine, the hexenbiest, was indebted to Renard, the zauerbiest, anymore than calling Nick a Grimm. I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but it seems you're splitting hairs.

The show never even hinted that Boneparte went through anysort of ritual they just presented him as a full Zauberbiest end of story.

I also dont recall the series ever mentioning Dania was a hexenbiest ethier and she didn't woge like a hexenbiest, the truth of the matter its an unfair assumption to say that hexenbiests were more powerful than Zauberbiests despite the fact the one time that they actually met in a fair figth the zauberbiest came out on top.

Also Boneparte didn't just defeat a reuglar Hexenbiest, he deafted Eve/Juliette a super hexenbiest even the powerful Henrettia said was the most powerful Hexenbiest she’d seen and as far as we know he was just a Zauberbiest.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 07-27-2018

I believe that " Hexenbiest" and " Zauberbiest" reaches a different level of power. Also remember that the attack on Napoleon it was from the back.
Could not foresee everything.

(07-27-2018, 12:37 PM)Henry of green Wrote: The show never even hinted that Boneparte went through anysort of ritual they just presented him as a full Zauberbiest end of story.

I don't recall anyone stating that it did. I'm just saying that Bonaparte stood out from the rest of the zauerbiests. You would certainly classify him as more powerful than Renard, wouldn't you?

(07-27-2018, 12:37 PM)Henry of green Wrote: I also dont recall the series ever mentioning Dania was a hexenbiest ethier and she didn't woge like a hexenbiest, the truth of the matter its an unfair assumption to say that hexenbiests were more powerful than Zauberbiests despite the fact the one time that they actually met in a fair figth the zauberbiest came out on top.

What would Diana be if not a hexenbiest? Her mother was a hexenbiest and her father a zauerbiest.

(07-27-2018, 12:37 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Also Boneparte didn't just defeat a reuglar Hexenbiest, he deafted Eve/Juliette a super hexenbiest even the powerful Henrettia said was the most powerful Hexenbiest she’d seen and as far as we know he was just a Zauberbiest.

On the other side of the coin, Renard couldn't defeat Juliette and he was also a zauerbiest.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 01:56 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't recall anyone stating that it did. I'm just saying that Bonaparte stood out from the rest of the Zauerbiests. You would certainly classify him as more powerful than Renard, wouldn't you?...

On the other side of the coin, Renard couldn't defeat Juliette and he was also a Zauberbiest.

Renard was only a half Zauberiest. Even Monroe made a comment about Bonaparte being a full Zauberbiest. Renard was able to fight on par with Nick even just being a hybrid. The discussion is about full Zauberiests and we saw just how powerful the one we got was when seeing him in action.

It's not surprising to see Renard unable to match that power. It's similar to how Hercules is powerful but is unable to match Zeus or Poseidon.

(07-27-2018, 11:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: Who's to say Conrad didn't go through some type of similar ritual? He had to be in charge of BC for some reason. It wouldn't be because he's just one of the Zauerbiests.

The show would've said Conrad went through a ritual if he did. I'm absolutely certain he didn't go through the ritual. Why would I assume that he did when there was nothing hinting towards it? He was a powerful Zauberiest so it made perfect sense for him to be put in charge of BC.

(07-27-2018, 11:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: He also brought up Zerstorer. I don't recall anything stating Zerstorer was a Zauberbiest.

He brought up Zerstorer to highlight just how powerful Conrad was in comparison. He was saying Zerstorer was the only being other than Diana shown to be more powerful than Conrad without a doubt.

(07-27-2018, 11:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: Catherine was a Hexenbiest. Renard is a Zauberbiest. It's not incorrect to state Catherine, the Hexenbiest, was indebted to Renard, the Zauberbiest, anymore than calling Nick a Grimm. I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but it seems you're splitting hairs.

It's not splitting hairs at all. The way you phrased it matters. You made it seem like Catherine was indebted to Renard because he was a Zauberbiest and that gave him some type of authority over Catherine, the Hexenbiest. I don't think that was the case at all. Renard being a royal most likely had more to do with it. Remember that Adalind went on to work for Eric, Viktor, and Kenneth. The thing in common they all had amongst them was being royals.

That's also the reason Diana was highly valued and that's why Adalind wanted a child with royal blood because she knew that's what would make her coveted on the Black Market.

(07-27-2018, 02:51 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 11:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: Catherine was a Hexenbiest. Renard is a Zauberbiest. It's not incorrect to state Catherine, the Hexenbiest, was indebted to Renard, the Zauberbiest, anymore than calling Nick a Grimm. I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but it seems you're splitting hairs.

It's not splitting hairs at all. The way you phrased it matters. You made it seem like Catherine was indebted to Renard because he was a Zauberbiest and that gave him some type of authority over Catherine, the Hexenbiest.

It's completely splitting hairs. I said had never heard of a hexenbiest being indebted to a zauerbiest before. There was a debt, it was mentioned in the script. As to what kind of a debt, we don't know. So in fact, Catherine, the hexenbiest, was indebted to Renard, the zauerbiest. I didn't make it sound like anything other than a debt. It was you who chose to make more out of the post by stating Renard had some kind of authority over Catherine.

(07-27-2018, 02:51 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: He brought up Zerstorer to highlight just how powerful Conrad was in comparison. He was saying Zerstorer was the only being other than Diana shown to be more powerful than Conrad without a doubt.

I know what he was saying. You just brought up that this was a discussion about full zauerbiests. Zerstorer is not a hexenbiest, so the point whether he's more powerful than Conrad really doesn't have a basis in this thread, does it?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-27-2018

With regard to hexenbiest/zauberbiest relationships, pretty much everything was something we had never heard of before. The books said nothing, and Monroe and Rosalee had no information they thought worth including in what they told Nick. We saw the interaction between Sean, Catherine and Adalind, and learned that Adalind's father (who, btw, was never specifically said to be a zauberbiest) left when she was four. And none of that was ever said to be typical. Trying to divine the nature of hexenbiest/zauberbiest relationships based on that would be like trying to characterize the institution of marriage based on a biography of Zsa Zsa Gabor.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 04:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: I know what he was saying. You just brought up that this was a discussion about full zauerbiests. Zerstorer is not a hexenbiest, so the point whether he's more powerful than Conrad really doesn't have a basis in this thread, does it?

Just to be clear, I brought up full Zauberbiests because you were talking about Renard and his level of strength. He didn't matter because he's not a full Zauberbiest.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 07-27-2018

(07-27-2018, 02:51 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(07-27-2018, 01:56 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't recall anyone stating that it did. I'm just saying that Bonaparte stood out from the rest of the Zauerbiests. You would certainly classify him as more powerful than Renard, wouldn't you?...

On the other side of the coin, Renard couldn't defeat Juliette and he was also a Zauberbiest.

Renard was only a half Zauberiest. Even Monroe made a comment about Bonaparte being a full Zauberbiest. Renard was able to fight on par with Nick even just being a hybrid. The discussion is about full Zauberiests and we saw just how powerful the one we got was when seeing him in action.

It's not surprising to see Renard unable to match that power. It's similar to how Hercules is powerful but is unable to match Zeus or Poseidon.

(07-27-2018, 11:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: Who's to say Conrad didn't go through some type of similar ritual? He had to be in charge of BC for some reason. It wouldn't be because he's just one of the Zauerbiests.

The show would've said Conrad went through a ritual if he did. I'm absolutely certain he didn't go through the ritual. Why would I assume that he did when there was nothing hinting towards it? He was a powerful Zauberiest so it made perfect sense for him to be put in charge of BC.

(07-27-2018, 11:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: He also brought up Zerstorer. I don't recall anything stating Zerstorer was a Zauberbiest.

He brought up Zerstorer to highlight just how powerful Conrad was in comparison. He was saying Zerstorer was the only being other than Diana shown to be more powerful than Conrad without a doubt.

It's not splitting hairs at all. The way you phrased it matters. You made it seem like Catherine was indebted to Renard because he was a Zauberbiest and that gave him some type of authority over Catherine, the Hexenbiest. I don't think that was the case at all. Renard being a royal most likely had more to do with it. Remember that Adalind went on to work for Eric, Viktor, and Kenneth. The thing in common they all had amongst them was being royals.

That's also the reason Diana was highly valued and that's why Adalind wanted a child with royal blood because she knew that's what would make her coveted on the Black Market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8WOHN3IqM8

How's it going HR? Headache gone?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-28-2018

(07-27-2018, 05:21 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: With regard to hexenbiest/zauberbiest relationships, pretty much everything was something we had never heard of before. The books said nothing, and Monroe and Rosalee had no information they thought worth including in what they told Nick.

Adalind lived among them for a year, and for part of that year, Diana and Kelly were there as well. Yet neither Monroe, Rosalee, or Nick were even remotely curious enough about the nature of the hexenbiest to even ask.